Doylee's "Ask me Anything" thread.

Doylee

Staff member
Hey guys, after we decided to move this over to the Social Forums section, I decided this may be a fun little activity to partake in with you guys.

So if you'd like, go ahead and ask me anything :)

Here are a couple facts about me, just so you know who I am a little bit better as a person:

I live in Southern California as noted in my information, and was born and raised here. I still currently spend my days with family as I make my way towards a bright future for myself.

Games have been a very huge passion of mine for a long time. I first started really playing video games during the GameCube era, but quickly switched to the Xbox platform in 2005. So I'm not fully caught up on Nintendo per say at the moment! Most shooters are my calling card, as I'm fairly good at them at this point in time.

I'm an Eagle Scout in the BSA as of 2014, and am a part of a small group of families that have had 4 generations of Eagle Scouts, now that I became one.

I have a girlfriend of 5 years at this point as of recently, and I'm happy to say that we are both very glad to be with each other.

I've totally met Matsu in person.

Last edited:
How good are you at maths?

I am horribles at maths. I can do statistical math, but that's about it really.

How do you like being a mod?

I enjoy it a lot actually. Its both fulfilling and fun, but can be a bit frustrating with what we have to deal with at times. I would say I take the former into account more than the latter, making it a great experience :)

I am horribles at maths. I can do statistical math, but that's about it really.

I enjoy it a lot actually. Its both fulfilling and fun, but can be a bit frustrating with what we have to deal with at times. I would say I take the former into account more than the latter, making it a great experience :)
Do you enjoy being an eagle scout?

Do you enjoy being an eagle scout?

I would say it has its perks for sure. I learned many "good to know" skills for "just in case" scenarios. First Aid, CPR certified, Wilderness experience, etc.)

I'm a 4th Generation Eagle Scout too, meaning my Great Grandpa, Grandpa, Father, and now myself have obtained the rank of Eagle. There's about 20 of us, so there's that too :D

Well to answer that, I need to compact some information regarding the process of becoming one in the first place.

Basically, I was 13 when I first joined scouts. I worked my way up through the ranks by learning many of skills such as leadership and responsibility, (as well as obtaining all the required Merit Badges like first aid) until I was 17, where I attained the rank of Life Scout.

To get to the rank of Eagle, you need to organize a community project, with the complexity going all the way down to getting funds in the form of donations or by selling a product.

For my Eagle Project, I talked to my high school principal with the proposal to create benches in one outdoor area that was not being used for anything in particular to create an outdoor theater arrangement. The process took me about 4 months to get together, including collecting the necessary amount of money to get my materials, costing around 2,000$ USD. ( I won't go into the details on how that worked, it was very complicated, but long story short a local Pizza company provided 5% of its profits in a 3 week period to my project + the donations.)

During the weekend of May 10th-11th l, 2014, the project commenced. Myself and 13 other volunteering scouts used the materials I had acquired to create Trex benches with metal bases. (If you don't know what Trex is, it's a wood/plastic hybrid.) Lots of cement was needed, used an augur to drill into the dirt, and used alot of manpower to lift the planks, I think each one weighed somewhere in the hundreds each.

Eventually, the project was complete, and I applied for Eagle and was rewarded the rank on June 11th.

For reference:

FmtxKAz.jpg

(No the woman in the back is not a Boy Scout Lol, that's my girlfriend who decided to help that day :p)

When are you transferring to Fullerton and being my best friend?!

I did get accepted to CSU Northridge though, and I heard they have a good Poly Sci program, so hey, you never know!

I still want that rock Lol.

Have you read the Soul Eater Manga? If so, what did you think of it compared to the Anime?

What types of Anime do you enjoy the most?

I have read the Manga. I think the two are pretty close to each other as is concerning story elements (barring the ending to the Manga, which is much darker due to Death dying.) Anime does a pretty good job on capitalizing the action though, and I do praise it for that.

Hm, I think I enjoy Shonen the most. One Piece and Soul Eater fall in that list, with Fairy Tail being my favorite because of the character development and humor.

Do you read Visual Novels? If so what are your top 3 favorites?

What was your favorite scene or moment in Soul Eater?

Then what is the thing you enjoy the most about Terraria?

I have not read any visual novel, so I wouldn't have a comment regarding that unfortunately.

My favorite scene? Hmm... I would have to go with when Death and the Kishin fight each other in Death City.

I'll answer that in two different ways: On regarding in game? I think that working with Wiring and making some cool little gizmo traps and vanity lights around my houses is fun.

About Terraria itself? Would definitely be about how much I can assist in so many fields ranging from official forum moderation, to beta testing the game for everyone else to enjoy later on. Also getting to talk to the devs is a great perk as well.

My favorite scene? Hmm... I would have to go with when Death and the Kishin fight each other in Death City.

That's very cool. Its the only time I can remember where Death really makes an angry expression. Lots of intensity there indeed when Death has to be intense.

For some new questions:

How do you pronounce your name? For awhile I've been mentally pronouncing it as "Doy-el" somehow it seems like it isn't the right way. I apologize if it's wrong.

And if you could live in any Anime or Game Universe, which one would you choose?

Then what is your favorite Holiday? Or Time of the Year?

You pronounce my name much like how you would say my last name "Doyle" (which is how I think you are pronouncing it now) in the the beginning, and end it with "Lee", much, much like Bruce Lee. So how you would say it would be "Doi-lee." If you're curious also, the name stemmed from a couple of friends calling me this back in High School as my official nickname.

You don't need to apologize as well, I take no offense to that :)

Fairy Tail, if I were a wizard. Would love to use a form of Laxus's Lightning abilities if I had the choice.

My favorite time of the year is Winter, and my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. It's always special to be around those I love and share special moments with them from the past year, as well as catch up with those I haven't seen in forever.

Updated my thread with a little more info about me in the OP, just to flesh out a couple more discussion points if any are interested :)

What is your favorite part about Beta Testing Terraria?

Have you played the Metroid Prime games? If so what was your favorite of the Trilogy as well as what you enjoyed about any one of them?

And if you're fine with sharing this. Your experience with meeting Matsu IRL? What your thoughts and feelings were like an hour before you knew you would meet them. Then the moment when you saw Matsu in person?

Well as far as testing goes, I can confirm I am one, but past that I am not allowed to share details as to what I enjoy or dislike, as the details can change, and I am bound to be hush-hush to keep Re-logic Integrity in check (as are the other current testers):)

I havent played as many metroid prime games as I should have, unfortunately. I did play about half way through the first one, Metroid Prime, on GameCube. Although I didn't play it, it was pretty fun (although, I didn't have enough time with it to get any good at it!) I would almost consider myself a fanatic when it comes to Sci Fi space themes, and Metroid hits the head on the nail in terms of creativeness and dramatic urgency and exploration.

I'm fine with sharing it, hell, we even have a photo with each other in the People of TCF thread about it. I was pretty excited, but we've worked with each other a large amount that I'd personally say that we probably knew each other pretty well. I had driven up to the school where Matsu is currently before, so it wasn't stressful in the fact I was going somewhere I haven't seen before. However it was pretty interesting to meet someone who I had worked hard with but had never met before.

We met like any other strangers that knew what each other looked like, introduced each other and went right to business. He showed me around the campus, and we talked about the school, the forums, and Terraria itself in detail throughout the day. Was a pretty good day, we had fun speaking to one another about the nuances that about the community that we knew so much of in detail.

Overall though, he's a pretty cool dude. We're fairly different in terms of our irl mannerisms and other traits, but we had a fun time altogether, regardless.

Back
Top Bottom