IC Draconic adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chir'

Wall of Flesh
OOC link: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/draconic-adventures-ooc.78535/

A dragon and his rider were setting up camp for the night. The rider got the fire started while the dragon was guarding the area.

"Do you want to eat this time?"
"No."
"You have to eat someday, you can't just keep going like this."
"I've managed longer."
"I know you have, but why do you do this?"
"We don't have enough food for both of us."
"Well, we could hunt. How about that?"
"I don't need any food right now."
"Look, I don't want you to keep starving yourself for something that isn't your fault."
"But why does that matter to you? You don't have anything to lose from it."
"I have YOU to lose from it."
"Fine."

"So this is my new home, huh?"

My name is Jackalorus, or just Jackalore. And I... Am near what looks like a campsite.

"Hey, who's that?" I whisper to myself curiously as I look into the camp from a distance, seeing a human and a dragon. ((Def's characters))

A much smaller dragonling, probably a medium-sized one, seems to be stranded in the plains. It definitely had no luck recently scavenging the remains. However, not this was its goal. It wanted to find something to take care of itself, to make it joyful. To replace their missing... relatives. It probably could've wondered why did it survive, once it was older.

The two at the campsite didn't notice the person near their camp, could just be that it was too dark for that, or maybe it was because of the dragon's missing eye. But they had started eating at this point. The dragon didn't seem to eat as much as the human.

The young one continued to looking. Although possibly it was pushing forward, it wouldn't realize any dangers coming for it - so busy finding some foster parent it was, if it fell into a trap, it'd only realize some seconds after the fact.

The dragon and the human looked toward the source of the sound. The human quickly pointed her crossbow at it.
"Might be wolves."

"Doubt it, they wouldn't come this close to the fire, unless desperate."

The hatchling was still going, but it was considerably getting a bit slowed, as if tired. It also stepped on brownish thing - somehow snapping it. confused, it seemed to look around, where it snapped.

Some humans heard the sound and arrived at the scene. They were armed, some archers, and some had swords and spears. Upon seeing the dragon they drew their weapons, clearly intent to attack it.

"I'll go check it."
The dragon went to check where the sound had come from. (Jack)

Seems like the hatchling, Trebonth, didn't understand yet, how bad these were. It seems to be tilting its head in curiosity. Maybe it didn't understand yet that some creatures are cruel and deadly?

D R A G O N I N S T I N C T S A C T I V A T E

My eyes widen in fear as I begin to back away on my knees and hands, making lots of sound and closing my wings against my body to try and blend in.

The humans started their attacks against Trebonth by firing a couple arrows, followed by a few swinging their swords at it.

The dragon found Jack quite easily with all the noise he was making.
"I... haven't seen anyone, or anything, like you before. What are you?"

It... yelped. A lot of pain seeped through it's body, as it started to retreat, shrieking and making noise - squealing. It really learnt the hard way, but it didn't see the injuries. Still, one of these made the escape harder, but not impossible. Trebonth, being a hatchling, couldn't do a lot. It still shrieked, as the wounds were very painful, or weakening. It then 'fell'- no, glided between the cliffs, one arrow seeming to be tearing through the tail. It shrieked one last time before falling to the ground, tired and weak. It shrieked for help.

"Can you even talk? *Or would you understand better if I use draconic?*"
The dragon didn't seem to have any intent to attack.

The dragon barely did crawl forward, not losing a hope for help. Although terrified greatly by the attack, it didn't want to give up. The movemend caused even more pain, and by respose, squees and whimpers, that drowned in the tears, if the dragons had them. Its movement then caused yet another rustle.

You can see the hurt and distrust in my eyes and hear the hurt and distrust in my voice as I speak, "I speak perfectly fine."

"So I guess you'd simply rather not answer. At least you don't seem hostile."
"I'll check that one."
The human goes to check the new rustle with her crossbow ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom