tModLoader Dragon Ball Terraria

Hey! I don't know much about coding, but I know a little more than the basics and am good at sprites, so I'll help with whatever I can! I would totally love to help with this, as I love Dragon Ball Z and Terraria!

Last edited:
Hey! I don't know much about coding, but I know a little more than the basics and am good at sprites, so I'll help with whatever I can! I would totally love to help with this, as I love Dragon Ball Z and Terraria!
You can join the discord to see what you can help with, more help is always appreciated :D

unknown[1].png

Custom prefixes for ki weapons :D

I've started a playthrough of this mod. Thus far, Scrap Metal for whatever reason causes massive lag when I have it in my inventory or opened container. Like it'll be several seconds of nothing happening before I can react. I don't understand why it does this, but it basically makes the item very undesirable to do anything with like crafting. Also the Z-Table when I mined it up didn't drop as an item, it was just completely destroyed.

I really liked it when I got my hands on the Energy Wave. So far I can destroy a bunch of weaker enemies lined up with it. Really helped with farming those mobs. Does flight become cheaper as you progress? So far I found that I could barely get anywhere with it before running out of Ki.

I've started a playthrough of this mod. Thus far, Scrap Metal for whatever reason causes massive lag when I have it in my inventory or opened container. Like it'll be several seconds of nothing happening before I can react. I don't understand why it does this, but it basically makes the item very undesirable to do anything with like crafting. Also the Z-Table when I mined it up didn't drop as an item, it was just completely destroyed.

I really liked it when I got my hands on the Energy Wave. So far I can destroy a bunch of weaker enemies lined up with it. Really helped with farming those mobs. Does flight become cheaper as you progress? So far I found that I could barely get anywhere with it before running out of Ki.

That scrap metal problem seems unrelated to the mod, could try disabling your other mods and seeing if that fixes it. Also you should update the mod to fix the z-table issue. And yeah there are quite a few accessories and such that decrease the ki usage on flight and such, with more being added right now.

So i finally got time to try this mod and i gotta say what you got here is stellar. But i can’t help but have a few nuances with this mod.

Alright so first is the speed when you go super sayian. its really neat that you get a nice speed boost when you go super sayian however being able to go different directions near instantaneously is kinda bothersome. I often found myself having trouble hitting enemies on the ground because i would attempt to fly close to the enemy and end up overshooting where i wanted to go by just tapping the A or D key. im aware of the speed toggle key but that doesnt help the fact that i can switch from left to right instantly. I personally would perfer a small movement speed boost without the instant turning.

Another thing i was thinking about was how you attain the ability to go super sayian. i read in your wiki that to attain super sayian, skeletron must be defeated and then you must die to any boss but what if a player has permadeath on aka hardcore mode? how would one attain super sayian if the only way leads to them dying and staying dead for good?

Lastly, is the slow movement speed intended for some of the weapons you can use like the kamehameha or the big bang attack? How would these weapons be viable in a fight against a fast moving boss like duke fishron or the twins?

I thank you for taking the time to read my comment and I also thank you for making such a cool mod. i literally spent hours on this mod just testing stuff and it was a blast. Man you should have seen my face when i first went super sayian, i was shouting “AWESOMENESS” while having a big smile on my face. I hope that this constructive criticism will help elivate this mod and make it greater. :)

just found this mod a few minutes ago i would love to see more frieza force stuff (sorry i have been obssessed with frieza his race and his empire for awhile now in all honesty the reason i decided to keep this mod were the wide lens scouter, battle kit, dirty fireworks, and supernova)

So i finally got time to try this mod and i gotta say what you got here is stellar. But i can’t help but have a few nuances with this mod.

Alright so first is the speed when you go super sayian. its really neat that you get a nice speed boost when you go super sayian however being able to go different directions near instantaneously is kinda bothersome. I often found myself having trouble hitting enemies on the ground because i would attempt to fly close to the enemy and end up overshooting where i wanted to go by just tapping the A or D key. im aware of the speed toggle key but that doesnt help the fact that i can switch from left to right instantly. I personally would perfer a small movement speed boost without the instant turning.

Another thing i was thinking about was how you attain the ability to go super sayian. i read in your wiki that to attain super sayian, skeletron must be defeated and then you must die to any boss but what if a player has permadeath on aka hardcore mode? how would one attain super sayian if the only way leads to them dying and staying dead for good?

Lastly, is the slow movement speed intended for some of the weapons you can use like the kamehameha or the big bang attack? How would these weapons be viable in a fight against a fast moving boss like duke fishron or the twins?

I thank you for taking the time to read my comment and I also thank you for making such a cool mod. i literally spent hours on this mod just testing stuff and it was a blast. Man you should have seen my face when i first went super sayian, i was shouting “AWESOMENESS” while having a big smile on my face. I hope that this constructive criticism will help elivate this mod and make it greater. :)

I'm aware that the speed is a bit weird and i'll likely recode it later to make it more intuitive to use. The issue with super saiyan and hardcore player's is something i've known for a while, we will eventually add a seperate way to obtain it if you do play hardcore. I actually never really intended for beams to be used much against bosses, however with the addition of flight and various new accessories that help with defending or moving while charging it is alot more viable.

I really appreciate the feedback and im glad you enjoy what we've made :D
[doublepost=1542399280,1542399151][/doublepost]
just found this mod a few minutes ago i would love to see more frieza force stuff (sorry i have been obssessed with frieza his race and his empire for awhile now in all honesty the reason i decided to keep this mod were the wide lens scouter, battle kit, dirty fireworks, and supernova)
More frieza force stuff could be done i suppose, there isn't really many things i can use from them though.

Back
Top Bottom