NPCs & Enemies Dragon

Krypnoda

Terrarian
I was thinking, that though the game has Wyverns, Dragon Skulls, and other dragony things, there are no actually fire-breathing dragons. and thus i would like to suggest elemental dragons. all of them would have these stats.

index.php

Sprite by MrFancyPants
  • Fire Dragon
  • HP: 9,000
  • Defense: 40
  • Speed: On Land Very Slow/ In Air Average
  • Environment: Wood
  • Melee: 75 Normal/ 100 Fire
  • Spawn Requirements: Post-Plantera
  • Drops:
  • Coins: 10 Gold
  • Items:
  • 1-7 Dragonscales 100%
  • 1-10 Dragon Teeth 80%
  • 1 Dragon Heart 40%
  • 1 Dragon Horn 50%
  • The Fire Dragon is the wood dragon of the game and is one of the most encountered of the dragons Post-Plantera. They would breathe fire burning trees and grass which would deal damage if you touch the burning vegetation. If touched by the flaming vegetation or fire breath you will gain the On Fire debuff. Fire Dragons are immune to On Fire, Venom, Confused, Weak, and Cursed Inferno debuffs. They have 4 legs, 2 Wings, a tail, and green scales. The flaps of the wings are red and the dragon is the length of a Wyvern and the height of an Ice Golem. Their eyes are blue and they have spines along their back that are yellow. They have a 1% chance of spawning in the forest.
  • Ice Dragon
  • HP: 8,000
  • Defense: 35
  • Speed: On Land Slow/ In Air Fast
  • Environment: Ice
  • Melee: 65 Normal/80 Ice
  • Spawn Requirements: Hardmode
  • Drops:
  • Coins: 8 Gold
  • Items:
  • 1-5 Dragonscales 100%
  • 1-8 Dragon Teeth 80%
  • 1 Dragon Heart 40%
  • 1 Dragon Horn 50%
  • 1 Frostbrand 1%
  • The Ice Dragon is the Ice Biome version of the dragon. It shoots blast of ice that freeze you for 3 seconds. While frozen, you gain 10 defense. The area around you when you get frozen turns to snow if on a land block, and ice on a water block. Ice Dragons are immune to the Frostburn, Venom, and Weak debuffs. They ice dragon is a little smaller than a Fire Dragon, but is ice blue, and has pink spines, green wing flags, and yellow eyes. They have a 1% chance of spawning in the snow biome.
  • Cave Dragon
  • HP: 10,000
  • Defense: 43
  • Speed: On Land Average/ In Air Average
  • Environment: Cavern
  • Melee: 83 Normal/ 120 Greek Fire
  • Drops:
  • Coins: 13 Gold
  • Items:
  • 1-10 Dragonscales 100%
  • 1-12 Dragon Teeth 80%
  • 1 Dragon Heart 40%
  • 1 Dragon Horn 50%
  • The Cave Dragon lives in the Cavern Lair and Is more dangerous than the Ice Dragon and Fire Dragon. It fires Greek Fire that adds the debuff Red Hot to any block it hits dealing 5 damage every second you are touching the Red Hot block. They are much more clumsy than the other two and cannot maneuver very well. They are immune to the On Fire, Frostburn, Poisoned, Venom, Slow, and Weak debuffs. The Cave dragon is a little bigger than a Fire Dragon. They are black with white wing flaps, green spines, and blue eyes. They have a 1% chance of spawning in the cavern layer
  • Underworld Dragon
  • HP: 12,000
  • Defense: 40
  • Speed: On Land Very Slow/In Air Slow
  • Environment: Underworld
  • Melee: 90 Normal/ 135 Lava
  • Drops:
  • Coins: 15 Gold
  • Items:
  • 1-12 Dragonscales 100%
  • 1-15 Dragon Teeth 80%
  • 1 Dragon Heart 40%
  • 1 Dragon Horn 50%
  • The Underworld Dragon is a Underworld version of the dragon that sprays lava at you. The lava will destroy any wood or dirt-like blocks. Any Ice or Snow in a 15 block radius will turn into water. On contact with a melee weapon or if you get shot with its lava, you will gain the debuff On Fire. The Underworld Dragon is bigger than the cave dragon, has an orange body, black wing flaps, grey spines, and green eyes. They are Immune to the On Fire, Poisoned, Venom, and Weak debuff. They have a 1% chance of spawning in the underworld
  • Jungle Dragon
  • HP: 6,000
  • Defense: 35
  • Speed: On Land Fast/In Air Very Fast
  • Environment: Jungle
  • Melee: 50 Normal/30 Thorns
  • Drops:
  • Coins: 5 Gold
  • Items:
  • 1-5 Dragonscales 100%
  • 1-8 Dragon Teeth 80%
  • 1 Dragon Heart 40%
  • 1 Dragon Horn 50%
  • The Jungle Dragon is the Jungle version of the dragon. It shoots Thorny Bushes which will increase the growth speed of Thorny Bushes by 200%. While this won’t take much damage, the Jungle Dragon can fire at the speed of 22 which is a Fast speed. Jungle Dragons are immune to the Poisoned, Venom, and Weak debuffs. The Jungle Dragon is smaller than a ice dragon, has a dark green body, yellow wing flaps, brown spines, and red eyes. they have a 5% chance of spawning in the jungle.
  • Ocean Dragon
  • HP: 6,000
  • Defense: 30
  • Speed: On Land Very Slow/In Air Slow/In Water Fast
  • Environment: Ocean
  • Melee: 45 Normal/ 20 Sand
  • Drops:
  • Coins: 5 Gold
  • Items:
  • 1-5 Dragonscales 100%
  • 1-8 Dragon Teeth 80%
  • 1 Dragon Heart 40%
  • 1 Dragon Horn 50%
  • The Ocean Dragon is the Ocean version of the dragon. He shoots sand like an antlion and shoots it at an insanely fast speed. They are the same size as a Jungle Dragon, have a blue body, green wing flaps, yellow spines, and pink eyes. They are immune to the Poisoned, Venom, and Weak debuffs. They have a 5% chance of spawning in the Ocean.
  • Corrupt Dragon
  • HP: 14,000
  • Defense: 45
  • Speed: On Land Very Slow/ In Air Average
  • Environment: Underground Corruption and Corruption
  • Melee: 100 Normal/ 55 Vile Orb
  • Drops:
  • Coins: 18 Gold
  • Items:
  • 1-20 Dragonscales 100%
  • 1-25 Dragon Teeth 80%
  • 1 Dragon Heart 40%
  • 1 Dragon Horn 50%
  • The Corrupt Dragon is the Corrupt version of the dragon. Itr shoots a Vile Orb, an upgraded version of Vile spit, spreding the corruption in a 15 block radius They are the Corruption purple, have the Corrupt green wing flaps, cream colored spines, and red eyes. They are also bigger than the Underworld dragon. They are immune to the Poisoned, Venom, Cursed Inferno, and Weak debuff. They have a 1% chance of spawning in the Corruption.
  • Crimson Dragon
  • Speed: On Land Very Slow/In Air Average
  • Environment: Underground Crimson and Crimson
  • Melee: 100 Normal/55 Ichor Spit
  • Drops:
  • Items:
  • 1-20 Dragonscales 100%
  • 1-25 Dragon Teeth 80%
  • 1 Dragon Heart 40%
  • 1 Dragon Horn 50%
  • The Crimson Dragon is exactly like the Corruption Dragon except for the color and the shoot Bloody Orb. They are red, with pink wing flaps, green spines, and blue eyes. They are immune to the Poisoned, Venom, Ichor, and Weak debuff. They have a 1% chance of spawning in the Crimson.
  • Hallow Dragon
  • Speed: On Land Very Slow/In Air Average
  • Environment: Underground Hallow and Hallow
  • Melee: 100 Normal/55 Hallow Spit
  • Drops:
  • Items:
  • 1-20 Dragonscales 100%
  • 1-25 Dragons Teeth 80%
  • 1 Dragon Heart 40%
  • 1 Dragon Horn 50%
  • The Hallow Dragon is exactly like the Corruption and Crimson Dragon except for the color and that it shoots Hallow Orb. They are white, have pink wing flaps, yellow spines, and orange eyes. They are immune to the Poisoned, Venom, Slow, and weak debuff. They have a 1% chance of spawning in the Hallows.
  • Storm Dragon
  • Defense: 30
  • Speed: On Land Average/ In Air Very Fast
  • Environment: Floating Islands and Sky
  • Melee: 55 Normal/ 100 Lightning
  • 1-18 Dragonscales 100%
  • 1-23 Dragon Teeth 80%
  • 1 Dragon Heart 40%
  • 1 Dragon Horn 50%
  • The Storm Dragon is the Sky version of the dragon. They are a little smaller than the Corruption Dragon. They shoot lightning down at the player that give you the Electrified debuff (explained in Stormconure’s thread Thunderstorms, an alternative to rain). They have a blue body, yellow wing flaps, purple stripes, and green eyes. They are immune to the Poisoned, Venom, Electrified, and Weak debuffs. They have a 1% chance of spawning in the Sky biome.
All Dragons are territorial and will attack Wyverns and Arch-Wyverns.
  • Dragonscale
Sprite by The Oncoming Storm
index.php

Tooltip: harder than diamond? Yep
Used in:
  • Dragonlance
Damage: 34
Use Time: Average
Tooltip: You thought dragonscales were strong, look at this!
Negates defense
Ingredients: 30 Dragonscales at Mythril Anvil
index.php

or
FTQFGvO.png

by
MrFancyPants
  • Dragon Bow
Damage: 50
Use Time: Slow
Tooltip: Changes all arrows into Dragon Arrows
Ingredients: 20 Dragonscales at Mythril Anvil
View attachment 2550
  • Dragon Wand
Damage: 44
Mana: 10
Use Time: Fast
Tooltip: Shoots balls of white fire that inflict the Cursed Inferno and Frostburn debuffs
Crafting: 25 Dragonscales at Mythril Anvil
index.php

• Dragon Scroll
Damage: 50
Minion Speed: Average
Tooltip: The Master of all Summoning weapons-The Dragon!
Summons a dragon that takes up all minion spaces
Crafting: 1 Tome, 2 Dragon Horns, 1 Dragon Heart, 30 Dragon Teeth, and 50 Dragonscales at Mythril Anvil
View attachment 2553
  • Persian Discus
Damage: 70
Use Time: Average
Tooltip: The gods of Persia tried to kill Jawzhar with this...they failed
Bounces across enemies like a light disc up to 5 hits
  • Dragon Helmet
Defense: 18
Set Bonus: 6% melee speed and 7% melee damage
Crafting: 15 Dragonscales at Mythril Anvil
View attachment 2554

• Dragon Breastplate
Defense: 16
Set Bonus: 7% melee speed and 8% melee damage
Crafting: 18 Dragonscales at Mythril Anvil
  • Dragon Greaves
Defense: 14
Set Bonus: 5% melee speed and 6% melee damage
Crafting: 13 Dragonscales at Mythril Anvil

Armor Set Bonus
23% melee speed, 21% melee damage, and 10% melee critical strike chance

• Dragon Tooth
Tooltip: legend has it that a planted dragon tooth can summon undead warrior. What a bunch of nonsense!
Used in

• Dragon Arrow
Damage: 5
Velocity: 7
Tooltip: The legends are true!
Summon an armored skeleton that attacks nearby enemies
Crafting: 5 Dragon Teeth and 25 Wooden Arrows=25 Dragon Arrows at Mythril Anvil

• Dragon Heart
Tooltip: consuming this gives you an infinite buff, but it come with a price
After consuming, player gains +5% life regeneration, +5% mana regeneration, and +5% chance not to consume ammo, but takes gives you the confused debuff every 10 minutes

• Dragon Horn
Tooltip: Used in powerful potions
Used in:
  • Dragonscale Potion
Crafting: 10 Dragonscales, 1 Dragon Horn, and 1 Ironskin potion at Alchemy Station
Tooltip: Gives you the skin of a dragon
+10 defence Last 5 minutes
  • Dragontooth Potion
Crafting: 10 Dragon Teeth, 1 Dragon Horn, and 1 Wrath Potion
Tooltip: Gives you the power of a dragon
+25% melee damage Last 5 minutes
  • Dragonheart Potion
Crafting: 3 Dragon Hearts, 1 Dragon Horn, and 1 Restoration Potion
Tooltip: Gives you the regeneration of a dragon
+20% health and mana regeneration Last 5 minutes
  • Dragonbreath Potion
Crafting: 10 Cursed Flames, 1 Dragon Horn, and 1 Mana Power Potion
Tooltip: Gives you the magic of a dragon
+40 mana and +10% mana damage
  • Dragon Potion
Crafting: 10 Dragon horns, 1 Dragonscale Potion, 1 Dragontooth Potion, 1 Dragonheart Potion, and 1 Dragonbreath Potion
Tooltip: Turns you into a dragon!
Stats same as Jungle Dragon Last for 3 minutes

• [*]Jawzhar
    • Spawn Requirements: You must defeat all dragons that are possible on your world, for example you do not have to defeat the crimson variation if you have the corruption. A message will then go across the screen The Father of Dragons and Eater of the sun has awoken. A solar eclipse will then occur, but 90% less mobs will spawn
    • HP: 40,000
    • Damage: 30/100 Greek fire
    • Speed: Very slow
    • Jawzhar will take up half the screen and will shoot large blast of Greek fire, with high damage.
    • Drops
      • Persian Discus 50%
      • 20-25 Dragonscales 100%
      • 30-40 DragonTeeth 100%
      • Dragon Heart 50%
      • 2 Dragon horns 50%
  • I will work on new dragons, and the items that you can make with the loot. I will also make new threads for different kinds of dragons.

Last edited:
Make the dragons spawn in hardmode and up the chance of them spawning
Other wise its good for now
I you read it says all of them are post plantera,
OP My issue with this is it feels there are too many being added at once. I'd rather a few well fleshed out ones rather than one for every biome.
Right know I need to know what the materials they drop do a few suggestions though
1) a summon weapon that calls a young Dragon to fight you you
2)Less common weapon types For example A spear or a boomerang instead of a sword as their are less of them thus less redundancy
3)don't forget to add weapons for other classes these should be class neutral otherwise it will be a bit ridiculous...
good luck hope you can make this good :)

OP My issue with this is it feels there are too many being added at once. I'd rather a few well fleshed out ones rather than one for every biome.
Right know I need to know what the materials they drop do a few suggestions though
2)Less common weapon types For example A spear or a boomerang instead of a sword as their are less of them thus less redundancy
3)don't forget to add weapons for other classes these should be class neutral otherwise it will be a bit ridiculous...
oh i didnt see that
But yeahI agree

I will work on them some more.

hmm those potions seem a bit... too powerful...not a fan of the dragon heart either(the buff is well too much) the items probably could use balancing and sprites but its a nice start... (loot seems pretty weak for its difficulty/stats especially as they are post Plantera)
I look forward to sprites...

hmm those potions seem a bit... too powerful...not a fan of the dragon heart either(the buff is well too much) the items probably could use balancing and sprites but its a nice start... (loot seems pretty weak for its difficulty/stats especially as they are post Plantera)
I look forward to sprites...
I couldn't find anything else for the potions, and in my old post, my weapons were too powerful so i will increase them. I can do the sprites, but they won't be very good, if anyone wants to do them, that would be very helpful.

I couldn't find anything else for the potions, and in my old post, my weapons were too powerful so i will increase them. I can do the sprites, but they won't be very good, if anyone wants to do them, that would be very helpful.
rather than raw power look up items around the early post plantera difficulty ( so Hardmode dungeion/ Lizahard temple tier stats )
also don't forget your potion could go a unique rote were some special ability is given as the effect

rather than raw power look up items around the early post plantera difficulty ( so Hardmode dungeion/ Lizahard temple tier stats )
also don't forget your potion could go a unique rote were some special ability is given as the effect
I edited the post and added different potions. Added Sprites!

Last edited:
Did you even try on the sprites?

That's harsh. What if he did? What if that's the best he could do? Don't judge peoples art unless you KNOW they can do better. I actually distinctly remember him saying (on a different thread), and I quote "I'll try on the sprites but I'm new at it so I'm not that good just look at my avatar."

Magnificent!!! I see improvement. Lowered stats: check, removed sword drops: check, cool things to make out of drops: triple check!!! This looks really good. Are these of any help?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
That's harsh. What if he did? What if that's the best he could do? Don't judge peoples art unless you KNOW they can do better. I actually distinctly remember him saying (on a different thread), and I quote "I'll try on the sprites but I'm new at it so I'm not that good just look at my avatar."
What I mean is sprites are usually how the item would look like in terraria exactly, and these are just concept pictures. If he worded it differently I wouldn't care as much.

Did you even try on the sprites?
I tried on all of them, but I don't have a computer program to do it, just an app on my Tablet. I tried the hardest on the dragonlance which took about 30 minutes.
Magnificent!!! I see improvement. Lowered stats: check, removed sword drops: check, cool things to make out of drops: triple check!!! This looks really good. Are these of any help?

.View attachment 2753View attachment 2755View attachment 2756
Thanks for the sprites, i have added them and am now wondering if you will do all of them for me?

I really, really like this idea! A few suggestions:

1. Wyverns and Dragons should automatically be hostile to each other, and attack each other before targeting the player.
2. Jungle Dragons should spray venomous green acid
3. Cave Dragons should blast Greek Fire (green fire that burns longer and deals more damage then regular fire), and be slow fliers.
4. Ocean Dragons should be more similar to Sea Serpeants and be extremely fast in the water, as well as blasting high pressure water orbs of energy
5. Corruption dragons should blast a black and purple orb of dark energy
6. Hallow Dragons should blast a gleaming blue and gold orb of light energy
7. Crimson Dragons should spray blood

I really, really like this idea! A few suggestions:

1. Wyverns and Dragons should automatically be hostile to each other, and attack each other before targeting the player.
2. Jungle Dragons should spray venomous green acid
3. Cave Dragons should blast Greek Fire (green fire that burns longer and deals more damage then regular fire), and be slow fliers.
4. Ocean Dragons should be more similar to Sea Serpeants and be extremely fast in the water, as well as blasting high pressure water orbs of energy
5. Corruption dragons should blast a black and purple orb of dark energy
6. Hallow Dragons should blast a gleaming blue and gold orb of light energy
7. Crimson Dragons should spray blood
I wanted to make ocean dragons more draconic, because i am going to put sea serpents and sea dragons (very different actually).
I thought that Jungle Dragons should shoot thorny vines because it sounded cool.
I will add some of this stuff in.

Back
Top Bottom