tModLoader DragonLens - Modern, Customizable cheatsheet/HEROs mod replacement

ScalarVector

Terrarian
icon(3).png

DragonLens
... is a modern, powerful, highly-customizable, community-driven cheat and debugging mod for TModLoader. It offers all of your favorite features from previous similar mods such as HEROs mod, CheatSheet, and Modders Toolkit; with a fully customizable UI layout and consistent, beautiful UI design.

For a long time, both players looking for 'creative' like utilities or cheats, and modders looking to test their mods have had to install a litany of different, separate mods to get all of the functionality they needed. This resulted in them having to manage multiple different tools, each with wildly different layouts and visual styles. This would cause problems when UIs overlapped, or sometimes were just plain ugly (looking at you MTK...). My goal with this project is to implement modern versions of these tools, with the power that users want and mod developers need. Not only have the various tools been updated to match 1.4 content (full support for 1.4s new weather system!), the layout of the GUI is Fully customizable! In addition, Every tool can be assigned a hotkey!

divid.png

FreeCamera.png
Screenshots:

So whats in it? What does it look like? Why not take a look at these screenshots and see for yourself:
Customize.gif

Fully customizable layout!

Config.gif

Pick your favorite colors!

20230227010723_1.jpg

Control the weather (with full support for the new wind in 1.4!)

20230227010733_1.jpg

Set the time to whenever you want! Not just morning noon and midnight... (Also set the moon phase!)

20230227010808_1.jpg

Dust spawning menu with names!

20230227010821_1.jpg

Modular filtering system for all spawners, that lets you stack filters!

20230227010840_1.jpg

Customizable hitbox viewer styles and colors!

20230227011030_1.jpg

A suite of map tools (including that lovely map teleport), visible on the actual map!

divid.png

ItemSpawner.png
Full feature list:

So what do you actually get with this darn thing? Well you get:

Spawner tools:
Item spawner - spawn any item in the game!
Projectile spawner - spawn any projectile in the game, pick its velocity and ai values!
NPC spawner - spawn any NPC in the game!
Buff spawner - Apply buffs to other NPCs or yourself!
Tile spawner - Place tiles without items!
Dust spawner - Spawn any dust in the game, with options to customize size, color, etc!

Gameplay tools:
Difficulty switcher - change between normal, expert, and master at the click of a button!
Fast forward - make the game run 2x, 3x, or 4x faster!
Godmode - good ol immortality! Has a config option to default to on!
Omnipotent building - infinite reach and placement speed!
Noclip mode - Move with WASD without any colission or knockback!
Enemy spawn rate editor - change how many enemies spawn, or disable spawns! Comes with a config for a default value.
Time editor - Change or pause the time and set the moon phase!
Weather editor - Change the wind, rain, and sands to your whim!

Visualization tools:
Mass illumination - See everything in full-bright lighting!
Free camera - Move the camera freely with WASD!
Lock camera - Stop the camera from moving from where it currently is!
Hitbox viewer - See the hitboxes of entities, with options to customize style and color!

Clear tools:
Item clear - despawn all dropped items!
Projectile clear - despawn all projectiles!
NPC clear + butcher - despawn or deal insane damage to all NPCs!
Buff clear - clear yourself of all buffs and debuffs!
Dust clear - Remove all dust in the world!
Gore clear - Remove all gore in the world!

Map tools:
Reveal map - See the whole map!
Hide map - Reset the map as if you remade the world!
Map teleport toggle - Toggle if you can teleport on the map by right clicking, on by default.

Other tools:
Customize tool - Change the layout of your toolbars!

divid.png

Customize.png
Planned Features:

Features I plan to add soon in content updates.
Development tools:
C# REPL
Shell tool
Texture viewer/reloader
Shader viewer/compiler (with SM 3.0 support!)
Sound viewer/reloader
Decompiler

Visualization tools:

Velocity tracers
inspect tool
Gameplay tools:
item editor
player editor
system/world editor
'quick reload' (reloads mods, re-enters same palyer/world automatically)
And more to come!

divid.png

GodMode.png
Download and Credits:

Download can be found on the mod browser, here, or compiled from source here.

Special thanks to:
Tomat For work to give the mod a usable API for expansions to be made with things like custom tools!
HeartPlusUp For help with UI design and accessibility!

You've reached the end. Go download the mod now!

Attachments

• 20230227011017_1.jpg
    20230227011017_1.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 725
  • 20230227010757_1.jpg
    20230227010757_1.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 726
  • 20230227010704_1.jpg
    20230227010704_1.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 781
Last edited:
1.0.1 released, minor hotfix

-Mods which have problematic names and bestiary entries should no longer cause fatal UI failures and instead send a nice, reportable message!

-Filters should no longer cause the game to poop itself when deselected

-Search bar behavior should be more consistent

-You cant drag toolbars off the screen anymore

-Hitbox tool should scale appropriately

-Fixed some incorrect filter names

-Fixed 'blank' entries in some browsers, unobtainable items are now obtainable in the item browser! (First fractal, anyone?)

-Bussin new sprites by @Heart Plus Up! and @QuestionMark

Some cool stuff is coming soon!

image-27.png

The item editor is an extremely powerful tool, combining the functionality of modders toolkit's item editor, the HEROs mod prefix editor, and brand new functionality that allows you to edit compatible variable types on modded items. (For example, if you defined an ``int`` on your ModItem class, you could edit its value here!)

Some data types like NPC and Player have unique selectors, that let you pick an NPC or player in the world.

Modded prefixes will draw their mods SmallIcon next to them to distinguish them in the prefix browser.

Patch notes for DragonLens v1.1.0:

New Tools:

- Item editor, Edit vanilla and modded stats on items!

- Player editor, Modify vanilla and modded values on yourself!

- Tile painter, Copy/paste regions of the world easily, powered by StructureHelper!

New Features:

- Layouts, The mod will prompt you to select one of four layout presets on first use, and allow you to switch between a few preset layouts from the customize menu!

- Themes & Icon packs, The mod supports different themes and icon packs to change the look and feel of the GUI even further! (Currently you can edit these in the GUI config. later down the line a full theme customizer menu will be added!)

- Added buttons to easily access config menus from the customize menu

Changes:

- The NPC clear tool now only targets hostiles by default. you can hold SHIFT to target friendly NPCs as well.

Fixes and Optimizations:

- Fixed NPC browser drawing incorrectly on non-100% UI scales

- Fixed toolbars on the map freezing up the game

- Fixed the NPC spawn rate tool having wildly incorrect values

- Fixed an issue where searching could sometimes cause lag in browsers

- Fixed an issue where deselecting a filter could sometimes cause lag in browsers

- Fixed an issue where changing the UI scale while customizing could cause the user to be forced out of customization

- Fixed an issue where the hide map tool functioned incorrectly

- Fixed an issue where the reveal and hide map tools did not have their icons centered

- Fixed an issue where toolbars could be forced offscreen by rotating them

- Fixed an issue where box outlines would clip into each other, causing the corners to draw too dark on low opacity colors

Other:

- Removed extra orange

Last edited:
958443435273113640.png

Patch notes for DragonLens v1.1.0:

New Tools:

- Item editor, Edit vanilla and modded stats on items!

- Player editor, Modify vanilla and modded values on yourself!

- Tile painter, Copy/paste regions of the world easily, powered by StructureHelper!

New Features:

- Layouts, The mod will prompt you to select one of four layout presets on first use, and allow you to switch between a few preset layouts from the customize menu!

- Themes & Icon packs, The mod supports different themes and icon packs to change the look and feel of the GUI even further! (Currently you can edit these in the GUI config. later down the line a full theme customizer menu will be added!)

- Added buttons to easily access config menus from the customize menu

Changes:

- The NPC clear tool now only targets hostiles by default. you can hold SHIFT to target friendly NPCs as well.

Fixes and Optimizations:

- Fixed NPC browser drawing incorrectly on non-100% UI scales

- Fixed toolbars on the map freezing up the game

- Fixed the NPC spawn rate tool having wildly incorrect values

- Fixed an issue where searching could sometimes cause lag in browsers

- Fixed an issue where deselecting a filter could sometimes cause lag in browsers

- Fixed an issue where changing the UI scale while customizing could cause the user to be forced out of customization

- Fixed an issue where the hide map tool functioned incorrectly

- Fixed an issue where the reveal and hide map tools did not have their icons centered

- Fixed an issue where toolbars could be forced offscreen by rotating them

- Fixed an issue where box outlines would clip into each other, causing the corners to draw too dark on low opacity colors

Other:

- Removed extra orange

I still haven't figure out how to download the mod because i'm using a cracked tmodloader maybe, but i'm pretty sure that there is a way to drag to my mod's file but idk how so if anyone knows just tell me

It's a remarkable tool, yes.

Suppose I'm trying to use the "Move" Toolbar feature, and instead of me being able to click and hold the button to drag it around, it instead pretends that I'm not holding the button in, and the click just moves the whole bar a little to the upper-right of the cursor instead of letting me drag it.

What would a fella do then, please? I need to get this bar somewhere else but I can't seem to move them at all other than slightly to the upper-right a half-inch at a time.

1678647256526.png

**DragonLens 1.2.0 Released!**

**Tweaks**

- You can now shift-click items in the item browser.

- Omnipotent building now works on tools and walls.

- Item browser placeable filter now includes walls.

- You can now right click to clear text fields.

- Added knockback and reuseDelay to item editor.

- HEROs mod icon pack now includes icons for tools not originally in HEROs mod.

- The weather tool now has a freeze weather option.

- You can now right click the difficulty switcher tool to enter/exit journey mode.

- Your toolbars will now attempt to adjust themselves to prevent overlaps when applicable.

- Spawner tools can now adjust the size of their buttons from the browser window.

**New features**

- Added magnet tool. Left click activates item magnet, right click for 'void magnet' (auto-trash items).

- Added user guide buttons to the item spawner and time tool. These will open your browser to a user guide page on the tool. More of these will come in future updates.

- Added per-tool data saving. Things like frozen time, godmode, etc. will now persist on their own.

- Old config for default tool values has been removed as its now obsolete

- Added full multiplayer support, including syncing logic for tools and tool access commands. Use /DLAdmin to grant a user the ability to use tools, or /DLRemoveAdmin to revoke it. use /DLAdminList to see all users that can use tools.

**Bug fixes**

- Fixed a bug where some users were completely unable to interact with the UI on load

- Fixed a bug where the first toolbar added couldn't be dragged

- Fixed a bug where the weather tool's slider would draw under the slider ticks

- Fixed a bug where deprecated items couldn't be spawned properly

Hi! with the newest update, this mod completely breaks my game, when I enter a world, my character doesn't move (doesn't even fall), when I press buttons nothing happens, and I can't even exit the game
And I've tested to see if it's just this mod, no other mod, new world and character, and the problem still persists

Glad to see it wasn't just me experiencing this character freezing issue.
Suppose while I'm here, I'd like to submit the idea of being able to slide buttons around the toolbars while in Customization mode, mainly to help with sorting the buttons the way you'd like without having to worry about adding them in a specific order.
And maybe the buttons could be disabled, or at least their descriptions, while the bar is down so they don't appear if you hover over where they would be outside the window. That's more of a personal irk though.

**DragonLens 1.3.0 Released!**

**New tools**:

- Accessory tray, An infinite inventory of extra accessory slots. Dont do anything too crazy now.

**Tweaks**:

- Updated default layouts for new users. Older users may need to delete the layout files in their layouts folder to get the new presets.

- The hosts saved tool settings should now automatically apply when they join multiplayer

- Tool data is now properly synced on join in multiplayer

**Bug fixes**:

- Fixed a litany of multiplayer issues

- Users should now be able to recover from unloadable tool data elegantly

- Fixed tool button tooltips drawing while their bar was collapsed

- Fixed a crash when syncing invalid NPC/Projectile spawner data

DragonLens 1.3.2 Released!

Fixes:

- Fixed a number of issues related to UI scale (incorrect spawn locations, incorrect map button locations)

- Fixed a number of issues related to tool data saving (crash on startup, accessory tray not saving)

- Fixed an issue with clipping in the NPC browser

- Fixed the UI requiring an alt-tab for some users (hopefully)

- Fixed not being able to close a server properly (Thanks Jadams505 - Overview !)

- Fixed the game not closing properly if asset loading was still occuring (Thanks Jadams505 - Overview !)

- Fixed being unable to right click Projectile/NPCs in the browser to spawn them directly

============================
This is likely the last update for 1.4.3! 1.4.4 port will likely be the next update!
============================

Back
Top Bottom