Steam Page |
1658367470389.png
Past Versions

Open Source (feel free to add or edit any code or texture):​

Wiki (works with WikThis):​

Version: 2.4.3
for tModLoader Version v2023.6.25.36 for Terraria 1.4.4.9

About This Mod
This mod adds decorative items. I plan to keep adding to it.

Example Image:
1695772351360.png

You can view all of this mod's content at the Wiki Page: link.
You can use Recipe Browser to view recipes for this mod: link.

Last edited:
Hello and thank you very much for you work ! This mod looks amazing <3 Can we have some crafting recipe somewhere (I hope I did not miss any)

I downloaded this mod yesterday and I love it! I've always wished that we could craft/harvest ambient decorations because they bring so much to the land ^.^

A suggestion/question:
I wasn't sure how to craft anything from the mod, so I had to download the Recipe Browser mod to find out. Is there a crafting station or catalog where you can see in game how to craft the items? If not, I think that would be handy :)

A request(s):
Flowers, vines, mushrooms, bushes, walls, fences, lattices. Any more sort of garden-y, botanic decorations I would love to see! Can't wait to see what will be added, thank you for making this mod! c:

Hello and thank you very much for you work ! This mod looks amazing <3 Can we have some crafting recipe somewhere (I hope I did not miss any)
A suggestion/question:
I wasn't sure how to craft anything from the mod, so I had to download the Recipe Browser mod to find out. Is there a crafting station or catalog where you can see in game how to craft the items? If not, I think that would be handy :)

Recipe Browser allows you to filter items by mod. You can also filter by crafting tile. Ambient objects are crafted at a Heavy Workbench in the Graveyard, Living Wood objects are crafted with a Living Loom in the Graveyard instead.

A request(s):
Flowers, vines, mushrooms, bushes, walls, fences, lattices. Any more sort of garden-y, botanic decorations I would love to see! Can't wait to see what will be added, thank you for making this mod! c:
I like that idea. I have a list of things I'd like to add to the game, but I don't know how much I can do or how soon. I'm adding this to that list though.

Updated to 1.4.2.1
  • Added Trellises with Empty, Vine, and Flower variants. Flower variant comes in 12 colors.
  • Added Hanging Plants. Unfortunately I don't think tModLoader currently supports wind physics are supported for tiles that are more than 1 block wide.
  • Added Bonsai Tree.

Updated to 1.5
  • Adjusted Trellis Flower Texture.
  • Adjusted Bonsai Tree Texture (NOTE: THIS IS NOW A 3x3 SPRITE, YOU MAY HAVE TO MINE AND REPLACE IT).
  • Added Red Mushroom, Brown Mushroom, White Mushroom, and Bleeding Cap Mushroom.
  • Added fake versions of vanilla Pots.
  • Added Marble Pot.
  • Bugfix: When switch Trellis Flower color it would always choose the first style of the new color instead of a random style.
Updated to 1.6
  • Bugfix: A tile that contained several styles would all give Sandstone Pile when mined instead of the matching item.

Last edited:
Updated to 1.7
  • Made fake versions of Demon Altar, Shadow Orb, Crimson Altar, Crimson Heart, and Queen Bee Larva.
  • Made placeable Fairy Log.
  • Bugfix: Aquarium recipe's Color Fish ingredient now starts with "Any ".

Updated to 1.8
  • Granite Pots now have their own texture.
  • Added Moon Globe, throw to change the style of the Moon.
  • Hanging Plants are now found in Obsidian Crate and Hellstone Crate instead of being sold by the Dryad.
  • Added 4 Plants and 1x1 tile Variants of each (it takes up a 1x1 tile space, but is visually the same.
  • Added Plant Pots.

Updated to 1.9​

• Planters are now crafted instead of being sold by the Dryad.
  • Trellis variants and Wall Vine variants, are replaced by a texture connecting Wall Vine (tile), Trellis wall (instead of a tile), and Wall Flower (tile).
  • Bugfix: Added item rarities to items that were missing it.
NOTE: Trellis variants and Wall Vine variants in your inventory will be automatically replaced by the new items, but this wont happen with tiles that have been placed. The old Trellis variants tiles and Wall Vine variants tiles will become missing texture tiles. There are 2 fixes for this:
  • The recipes for these are pretty cheep, so you can easily mine them away and replace them.
  • Another option is to use the previous version of my mod, mine them for their item drops, save and exit, then use 1.9 which will replace the items.

Suggestion: there are potted trees, cedars, palms, and bamboos in forest, jungle, and hallow variants sold by the dryad. There could be more biome variants, however: desert/oasis variants (darker, less saturated green, like the oasis cacti), snow variants, corruption variants, crimson variants... Some potted mushrooms could also be a fine addition.

Suggestion: there are potted trees, cedars, palms, and bamboos in forest, jungle, and hallow variants sold by the dryad. There could be more biome variants, however: desert/oasis variants (darker, less saturated green, like the oasis cacti), snow variants, corruption variants, crimson variants... Some potted mushrooms could also be a fine addition.
I like this idea, I'm going to add this to my plans for this mod.

Updated to 1.10.2​

• Added placeable versions of Stalactites and Stalagmites.
  • Added Potted Plants: Corrupt, Crimson , and Snowy Cedar; Tall and Short Mushroom; Regular, Corrupt, Crimson, and Hallow Oasis Plant; Corrupt and Crimson Palm; Regular, Corrupt, Crimson, and Hallow Small Cactus; Regular, Corrupt, Crimson, and Hallow Tall Cactus; Corrupt, Crimson, and Snowy Tree; Regular and Snowy Christmas Tree.
  • Lava/Hellstone Crate chance to drop 1 of 3 Hanging Plants changed from 1/2 to 1/4. Hanging plant value reduced to 25 copper from 60 silver.
  • Bugfix: Corrected some dust and hit sounds of many tiles.
  • Bugfix: Crafting Granite and Marble ambient objects (except pots) would require Smooth Granite/Marble instead of regular Granite/Marble.

I added a Wiki page for my mod (editable by anyone): link. I plan to add support for WikiThis.

Note: Wiki.gg is the new official site for Terraria and Terraria Mods. I wanted to use it, but the wiki.gg site for mods is very unmaintained unlike the wiki.gg site for vanilla.

Last edited:
Your mod is on wiki.gg, though: Dragon's Decorative Mod
Yeah, that was me. I was trying to create it on Wiki.gg, but the coding was a little different and there wasn't many examples to take from, also some things weren't working right. It'd be great if there was a big movement by the community to start importing everything to Wiki.gg and fix up its templates, right now I don't think I can maintain my mod correctly at the site.

There was a post by Solxan on discord about a bug with mod updates:
Mod Updates Bug Awareness

Mods showing as having eternal updates in Mod Browser It has been discovered that some mods have pushed newer versions of themselves on to the stable branch while an existing copy is on the preview branch in past months. This unintended behavior resulted in several mods this month showing as always having updates in the in-game Mod Browser, and the 'presumed wrong' version being loaded. If you encounter one of these mods, either as a player or an author, please let the modder know to push a quick update on the current stable to resolve this conflict of versioning. From the tModLoader end - we don't want to make assumptions on which of the two are correct and would prefer authors resolve the situation in their best interest. We are looking in to options for flagging these mods in the Mod Browser in the interim. Thanks for your time
I don't know if my mod was affected, so I updated my mod to 1.10.2.1, which is an empty update to make sure my mod isn't affected.

Working on modding is hard lately. We're just getting out of heat spell (each day was at least 104f/40c).

On monday it was 110f/43c, very windy, and a wildfire started nearby in the afternoon. I'm still not in the evac zone and the fire is moving away from my area, but the evac zones are getting alarming close. Currently it's burnt over 18k acres, 5% contained, and is spreading multiple directions in areas that haven't burnt in a long time. It's hard to sleep in a heat spell, but it's even harder since monday. Updates on my mods could slow down or end up stopping for a while.

Well the fire is much more contained now. Mother nature gave a huge boost with a tropical storm this weekend. Eventually the fire was distant and today evacuations zones near our house are open now, so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get evacuated. At this point I don't even see smoke (all though there is a lot of regular clouds).

Updated to 1.11​

• Namefix: "Rusty Minecart" was missing a space.
  • Added functionality with Wikithis mod. With that mod installed, pressing an assigned hotkey on an item will open a Wiki page for it.
  • Potted plants are now found in only Hardmode crates (this matches the Dryad's Hardmode requirement for selling Potted Trees).
  • Increased the chances for getting Staring Statue to 1/50 from 1/100 and Medusa Watching from 1/100 to 1/25.
  • Added new Blood Clump material item, now dropped by Blood Zombie and Drippler with a 1/25 chance, this is used to make bloody ambient objects instead of Red Dye.
  • Trellis is now crafted using Sawmill instead of Workbenches.

Back
Top Bottom