Dragons

Feathered dragons without beaks are fine, as long as they pull it off well.
Take Elden Ring for example. I didn't even know they had feathers until recently.

Also, personally, I find the thing that annoys me the most with depictions of dragons is when they are stated to have some kind of magical fire inside of them, and by extension, the idea that the fire inside can be extinguished. To me, I feel like fire or nay other type of breath should be sither biological, or just something that kind of happens because magic. This also leads into how most dragons seen in popular culture breathe fire, when to me it's far more interesting when elemental breath has a more diverse range of effects, or that some may not even have elemental breath.

I'm just gonna say one thing real quick here. I'm not particularly fond of lungs being called eastern dragons. Thing is they already are called lungs (or noodles), while western dragons are just called, well, dragons. I'm also not really a fan of calling wyverns, drakes, etc. as different species of dragon, because then there's also the, well, dragons, so that would be like if there was a species of bird that is simply named bird.

I'm just gonna say one thing real quick here. I'm not particularly fond of lungs being called eastern dragons. Thing is they already are called lungs (or noodles), while western dragons are just called, well, dragons. I'm also not really a fan of calling wyverns, drakes, etc. as different species of dragon, because then there's also the, well, dragons, so that would be like if there was a species of bird that is simply named bird.
Or a canine called canine.

I reckon Wings Of Fire did the best job at humanising dragons, portraying them with conscience and sentience, against the typical "rar look at me I burn everything the the ground with flames and a roar and fly and uhhhh"

I can't think of any
other than like the hunchback of Notre Dam in which the dragon is evil

: D
There wasn't a dragon in that as far as I am aware? I would have remembered one.

Also, I just finished the first book of Wings of Fire. Seemed to be pretty good, but ended kind of abruptly. I'm hoping to start the next book tomorrow, as I already have it and the one after it.
Not for me, I would elaborate more, but seeing how double standards in society is, with a lot of two-faced natures of people, and mob mentality, I will not say anymore.

The appearances of dragons I'll tolerate depend on what environment they live in but that's just me
I tend to get angry at some utterly despicable dragons, but I suppose that may be caused by my hatred of the utterly butchered eragon movie
Probably why i especially hate feathered dragons
but again thats just me yall can just ignore my presence
but my favorites are ones with scales, spikes, and badass horns. at least this goes for classic dragons lol
What you have against feather'd dragons (in terms of wings)? The oldest dragons (as in six-limbed reptilian creatures regardless of good or evil) were feather'd/bird winged. The bat wings are partly due to christianity and other religions. The bat wings back then were used in post christian works as a way of showing something was demonic and usually the wings were vestigial and display purposes only. It was only the bird winged dragons mainly depicted as flying, and those were rare and basically nuked out of existence until modern time of the idea of a dragon. I would say the dragons having some feathers on their wings is a way to add true realism that's more plausible than the lazy wyvern excuse generally, when most tv and move wyverns don't make sense. They will excuse one thing because they hate six limbs, but show a double standard because they love wyverns so much.
Feathered dragons
But I also consider furred dragons horrible unless of course they live in a cold environment, because then you would need the extra layer of cold protection
but fur in a fairly average environment is a definite wtf moment for me
Manes are tolerable to a point, but they are a little annoying when they're frickin huge.
Furred dragons, even in cold environments don't make sense if we are going for a "realistic" dragon, they would have thick ruffle feathers like that of the belly of a big fuzzy bird or something like a penguin, not something closer to a mammal. But the hypocrites will say otherwise.
I'm going to request that you please do not post your rather extreme opinions here, 3DS, even though they are on topic.
I will however say that if you make a featered dragon and then decide to give it a beak, might as well just make a gryphon at that point.
So, what is your opinion of Calamity mod's Current yharon sprite? I thought he was basically a phoenix griffin (basically replace the eagle part of a griffin with a phoenix [and in some cases you would replace the lion with a tiger aspect]) for the longest time in all but name & title. His update sprite sort of makes him more dragon-ISH(?), but his mouth in even the new sprite looks like a beak a bit imo. But still an overall improvement to him personally.
I have this same sentiment, and when I describe anything close to this, hypocrites will use a fallacy or a double standard to hand wave it away, but when you turn it on them, they call you very serious, ugly, accusatory, and other slanderous/"colorful" words.

Last edited:
Not for me, I would elaborate more, but seeing how double standards in society is, with a lot of two-faced natures of people, and mob mentality, I will not say anymore.
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, and it is in the end up to you, though I at least would be fine with hearing any criticism you may have, as I have a few things of my own that I would criticise as well.

There wasn't a dragon in that as far as I am aware? I would have remembered one.

What you have against feather'd dragons (in terms of wings)? The oldest dragons (as in six-limbed reptilian creatures regardless of good or evil) were feather'd/bird winged. The bat wings are partly due to christianity and other religions. The bat wings back then were used in post christian works as a way of showing something was demonic and usually the wings were vestigial and display purposes only. It was only the bird winged dragons mainly depicted as flying, and those were rare and basically nuked out of existence until modern time of the idea of a dragon. I would say the dragons having some feathers on their wings is a way to add true realism that's more plausible than the lazy wyvern excuse generally, when most tv and move wyverns don't make sense. They will excuse one thing because they hate six limbs, but show a double standard because they love wyverns so much.

Furred dragons, even in cold environments don't make sense if we are going for a "realistic" dragon, they would have thick ruffle feathers like that of the belly of a big fuzzy bird or something like a penguin, not something closer to a mammal. But the hypocrites will say otherwise.

So, what is your opinion of Calamity mod's Current yharon sprite? I thought he was basically a phoenix griffin (basically replace the eagle part of a griffin with a phoenix [and in some cases you would replace the lion with a tiger aspect]) for the longest time in all but name & title. His update sprite sort of makes him more dragon-ISH(?), but his mouth in even the new sprite looks like a beak a bit imo. But still an overall improvement to him personally.

I have this same sentiment, and when I describe anything close to this, hypocrites will use a fallacy or a double standard to hand wave it away, but when you turn it on them, they call you very serious, ugly, accusatory, and other slanderous/"colorful" words.
If a dragon has feathers then it's just a god damn Griffin spy

Glad we agree on fur at least

Looks to me like he's got some weird proportions.
it was made in the same year when the mod came (2016) out or possible one or two year later, so of course it is outdated.
It's pretty implied in a lot of their songs they serve the Dragon master, but I see your point. :p
It is? I never got any hints. But I think op means songs that directly mention dragons. IDK if they want metaphorical dragons, or "real" dragons from irl legend/folklore [and do they want the british heraldry standard of "dragon" or the general term of "dragon" which is basically a blanket term for the author to refer to any and EVERYTHING as dragon?]? And even then, do they want good dragons portrayed in the song, or evil? You will basically never find a combo of a good, folklore based/non-metaphorical, and british heraldry standard dragon song due to modern and past propaganda and ignorant mindset to the truth of the matter.
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, and it is in the end up to you, though I at least would be fine with hearing any criticism you may have, as I have a few things of my own that I would criticise as well.
I don't want to be called -phobe/phobic, sexist (against women), -ist, etc. just for saying I didn't like a double standard or potentially misandrist mindset in the book. I don't get along with the fandom and have a bad history with it already (among another fandom). And I am already slandered as a bunch of things, so I don't want to be slandered more.
If a dragon has feathers then it's just a god damn Griffin spy

Glad we agree on fur at least
Or maybe the griffin is a spy for the dragon? 🤔

If you know the origin of a griffin in truth instead of the whole "Oh, it [solely] came from finding triceratops bones [strangely] near gold, and thus that is the sole and only "logical" explanation for them," then you may want to know bird wing dragon concepts came way before bat winged dragons did. So, I will give credit where it is due ad turn a blind eye towards that.

I don't want to be called -phobe/phobic, sexist (against women), -ist, etc. just for saying I didn't like a double standard or potentially misandrist mindset in the book. I don't get along with the fandom and have a bad history with it already (among another fandom). And I am already slandered as a bunch of things, so I don't want to be slandered more.
Ah, makes sense. Unfortunate to hear that though.
In what sense of "Dragon" music do you mean?
Eh, kind of broad, but basically based around western dragons, probably more modern fantasy interpretations in particular, and preferably ones were it isn't just your typical evil dragon hoarding stuff.

I feel like I'm noticing more and more that for some reason, most dragons in film and the like are actually wyverns.
Are they cheaper to animate or something?

Back
Top Bottom