Mobile Drax has a chance to be found in shadow chests?

Should drax in shadow chest be removed???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subforthermal

Terrarian
So I was enjoying myself defeating golem and my sister said her friend had found a drax in a shadow chest. Instantly I thought oh I put it there but I had told my sister and her friend to delete their worlds and restart (they barely know the gameplay because I gave them half of what they have so I made them learn which they still haven't.) Why is this a thing? Can this be removed, because it's unfair to have some players working so hard to get Drax (it's not that hard but still) and then a noob finds one in a chest. Please remove this.

So I was enjoying myself defeating golem and my sister said her friend had found a drax in a shadow chest. Instantly I thought oh I put it there but I had told my sister and her friend to delete their worlds and restart (they barely know the gameplay because I gave them half of what they have so I made them learn which they still haven't.) Why is this a thing? Can this be removed, because it's unfair to have some players working so hard to get Drax (it's not that hard but still) and then a noob finds one in a chest. Please remove this.
It was something for the pre Hardmode update players to have in the meantime. I managed to find it and I thought it was fun, but I wasn't playing multiplayer. And if you're defeating golem at this point, I don't see why someone finding the Drax is so bad when you very well have something better.

It's just annoying that now someone who barely has wings and a decent sword yet already has a drill on par with my picksaw. That's just my opinion i just see it as an unfair advantage. Like if two friends were racing to defeat ocram or fishronfirst and one found a drax the other one would be kinda mad

It's just annoying that now someone who barely has wings and a decent sword yet already has a drill on par with my picksaw. That's just my opinion i just see it as an unfair advantage. Like if two friends were racing to defeat ocram or fishronfirst and one found a drax the other one would be kinda mad
That's why they are rare. It's not like it's an instant thing, it takes time to find it. And even so, It's just the mobile version. Are you trying to be better than this said person? Because if so, you have a while because they "barely [have] wings and a decent sword"

I see where you're coming from but the odds are 0.003%. This leaves room for about a 1/400000 chance of getting one. With like 2 million terrarians worldwide at least 5 are bound to get them on their first try, 10 on their second and so on. And I'm not competing with my sisters friend it's just now she's gonna share it with my sister and then two people have a drax which will jump them straight to orichalum or mythril to make better wings. My sister has a terra blade and hover board from me but only because her best pickaxe is death bringer/nightmare.

Had no idea you could get one from the chest. I suppose it's unfair. Took a long time to get it the right way. Knowing it's such a low percentage of actually getting it from the chest, doesn't bother me that much. So many more important things to fix tbh

Had no idea you could get one from the chest. I suppose it's unfair. Took a long time to get it the right way. Knowing it's such a low percentage of actually getting it from the chest, doesn't bother me that much. So many more important things to fix tbh
I'm well aware of the rarity, but some people get sheer dumb luck and get 2 draxes, like my sisters friend who I don't even think can beat Wof yet.

I support voting yes. It's stupid for those who worked hard to get it and then some noob falls down a hole and opens a shadow chest and snags a drax. Pretty stupid, right? Vote yes to support the removal of this!

<Double Post Merged by a Moderator>

Last edited by a moderator:
well they fixed it. but you use to be able to fight the golem before plantera without a temple key. (explosives!!) and hes much easier than plantera. but getting a picksaw PHM is just trading or from someone or you have it in a safe.

I'm well aware of the rarity, but some people get sheer dumb luck and get 2 draxes, like my sisters friend who I don't even think can beat Wof yet.
I have gotten two from shadow chests as well. However, I was in early hardmode. There was little Chlorophyte then. By the time I had defeated all three mechanical bosses, the drax I had found in a chest was unneeded.
-P.s. Frost armor is
1. Easier to get
2. Easier to farm for and
3. Gives you a mid game armor EARLY.

well they fixed it. but you use to be able to fight the golem before plantera without a temple key. (explosives!!) and hes much easier than plantera. but getting a picksaw PHM is just trading or from someone or you have it in a safe.
But, CG is fixing that in 1.2.3/4 so we cant use that after the update. Oh well, ghost walls then. (The explosives on door thingy)

Bla bla, its rare for a reason. The odds of getting a drax inside a shadow chest are close to that of the slime staff, which is reasonable. Also, drax is actually easy to craft once youve beaten all mechanical bosses (which is actually easy in mobile once you have hallowed armor).
The only disadvantage youll get if you are racing with someone is the hassle of having to find and craft every hardmode ore to mine the next tier ore. By clamouring that you have a problem with drax spawning from shadow chests is basically being angry with the RGN of terraria. Are you going to ask for a fix if your friend finds 3 broken hero swords in her first solar eclipse while you didnt find anything? Basically the same logic.
If she found a drax and you didnt, tough luck on your part. It's actually nice that drax spawns in shadow chest, for it can add challenges on your race. Just man up and work harder on your terraria. At the end, drax is useless once you got the pickaxe, which is better than drax.

Bla bla, its rare for a reason. The odds of getting a drax inside a shadow chest are close to that of the slime staff, which is reasonable. Also, drax is actually easy to craft once youve beaten all mechanical bosses (which is actually easy in mobile once you have hallowed armor).
The only disadvantage youll get if you are racing with someone is the hassle of having to find and craft every hardmode ore to mine the next tier ore. By clamouring that you have a problem with drax spawning from shadow chests is basically being angry with the RGN of terraria. Are you going to ask for a fix if your friend finds 3 broken hero swords in her first solar eclipse while you didnt find anything? Basically the same logic.
If she found a drax and you didnt, tough luck on your part. It's actually nice that drax spawns in shadow chest, for it can add challenges on your race. Just man up and work harder on your terraria. At the end, drax is useless once you got the pickaxe, which is better than drax.
I was reading it, nodding my head in agreement, then I read the last sentence: "At the end, drax is useless once you got the pickaxe, which is better than drax."
The irony of a typo...

I was reading it, nodding my head in agreement, then I read the last sentence: "At the end, drax is useless once you got the pickaxe, which is better than drax."
The irony of a typo...
I found a Drax in a Shadow Chest once. It was lucky, I only looked in 2 worlds.
PROOF: The following picture.
image.jpg

Yes @Subforthermal it is an unfair advantage that RNGesus smiled upon them and gave them a Drax early. LOL. Welcome to the wonderful world of Random Number Generated drops, get used to it the game is full of RNG fun like this. :)

That happened to me, but I already had it. I keep it in my chests. I think it should stay, as it is an awesome find.

That's why they are rare. It's not like it's an instant thing, it takes time to find it. And even so, It's just the mobile version. Are you trying to be better than this said person? Because if so, you have a while because they "barely [have] wings and a decent sword"
really, that low chance? I legit got two drax in shadow chest in a row......

Yeah, that happened to me, on my summoner playthrough. I was pre-hardmode and was looking in some shadow chests and I found one. So far I've found two Draxes in pre-hardmode. I felt guilty for using such a high tier drill in pre-hardmode for about 15 seconds, then I started mining hellstone like crazy. :D
[doublepost=1479493852,1479493775][/doublepost]
Yeah, that happened to me, on my summoner playthrough. I was pre-hardmode and was looking in some shadow chests and I found one. So far I've found two Draxes in pre-hardmode. I felt guilty for using such a high tier drill in pre-hardmode for about 15 seconds, then I started mining hellstone like crazy. :D
It definitely allows for skipping through early hardmode.

I was playing around opening the shadow chests with my keys to get weapons to face the WOF but the second one I opened had a drax in it (I think I just was super lucky)

Wow i found a drax once in a shadow chest but i trashed it because i thought it was cheating and a drax being on a shadow chest is a bug. Im so :red:ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom