Sprites Dreadwood - A Proper Pirate Furniture Collection

Doesn't really fit the style. He went with what he thinks they would use. Like some of the other stuff. Driftwood is off of shipwrecks, but thats something that floats up on shorelines
Driftwood seems more deeply connected than "dreadwood". I mean, driftwood is often found at sea, right? And when you kill the Dutchman it's technically a shipwreck now.

But think like the "spooky" wood. It comes from a spooky looking evil tree. The dutchman of pirate lore brought DREAD to those at sea. So havi g the dutchman be made out of dreadwood fits better. Noone would sail a ship of driftwood.

But think like the "spooky" wood. It comes from a spooky looking evil tree. The dutchman of pirate lore brought DREAD to those at sea. So having the dutchman be made out of dreadwood fits better. Noone would sail a ship of driftwood.
That's not poetic whatsoever. If that's poetry or makes some kind of sense whatsoever then I swear it had to come from Cthulhu.

That's not poetic whatsoever. If that's poetry or makes some kind of sense whatsoever then I swear it had to come from Cthulhu.
They're right though. It's called Dreadwood because it's supposed to drop from the Flying Dutchman, just like Spooky Wood drops from Mourning Wood. To me, calling it Dread made more sense than anything.

But the idea of Driftwood sounds very interesting in a different way, something more nautical than piratish, sort of like it's opposite. I might do a set based around the idea for fun so thank you for inspiring me :dryadhappy:

They're right though. It's called Dreadwood because it's supposed to drop from the Flying Dutchman, just like Spooky Wood drops from Mourning Wood. To me, calling it Dread made more sense than anything.

But the idea of Driftwood sounds very interesting in a different way, something more nautical than piratish, sort of like it's opposite. I might do a set based around the idea for fun so thank you for inspiring me :dryadhappy:
Shipwreck furniture! Fancy wooden cruise liner type stuff that has worn and undersea vibe and textures. Could use coral and sea weed and shells/sand. That would be an epic set. And then adding it in to partly sunken ship builds.

I LOVE the sprites and idea itself. +1 Support from me! Here! Have an approval cat!
42njOSZ.jpg

Last edited:
Very, very nice! This stuff looks amazing! Well made! I really really want this to become a thing!

My only question is as to why the Chest uses a different color scheme form the other pieces in the set... nothing big!

index.php

Say, would you mind if I promoted this in my Flying Dutchman revamp suggestion thread?

Very, very nice! This stuff looks amazing! Well made! I really really want this to become a thing!

My only question is as to why the Chest uses a different color scheme form the other pieces in the set... nothing big!

index.php

Say, would you mind if I promoted this in my Flying Dutchman revamp suggestion thread?
Because I couldn't think of a good chest design that didn't look like the wooden one or the steampunk one so this one is attempt three and is based off of the pirate music box, hence the black and gold. You can consider it the Captain's Chest if you'd like :dryadgrin:

And sure, promote away!

Because I couldn't think of a good chest design that didn't look like the wooden one or the steampunk one so this one is attempt three and is based off of the pirate music box, hence the black and gold. You can consider it the Captain's Chest if you'd like :dryadgrin:

And sure, promote away!

Holy crap, Sammie! You just struck gold! Getting Sz to promote your suggestion, let alone use it in his own, is stellar!

Holy crap, Sammie! You just struck gold! Getting Sz to promote your suggestion, let alone use it in his own, is stellar!
Did I? I had no idea XD Really I like any interest it gets, no matter who it's from. Because that means people like it and thats what I wanted most of all, was to make something everyone would like. And so far, it seems I have done a very good job at that.

Did I? I had no idea XD Really I like any interest it gets, no matter who it's from. Because that means people like it and thats what I wanted most of all, was to make something everyone would like. And so far, it seems I have done a very good job at that.

Darn straight you have! And by the way, the reason that you struck gold is that Sz is one of the top two users on the suggestion subforum, so getting support as exuberant as that from him is a bit of a big deal. Also, thanks for the sprites!

I just stumbled upon this by chance. These look really nice and would love to have them in game :D

Darn straight you have! And by the way, the reason that you struck gold is that Sz is one of the top two users on the suggestion subforum, so getting support as exuberant as that from him is a bit of a big deal. Also, thanks for the sprites!
Oh wow really? Neat. I had no idea in the slightest so this is pretty cool to find out c: I don't frequent suggestions much, I stick around builds and stuff for the most part.

And you're very welcome c: They were certainly fun to do!

Hey, hope you don't mind but I made a banner for this thread! I am kinda new to making banners so a bit of noobiness can be expected.
JDrGLOR.png

Code:
[URL='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/dreadwood-a-proper-pirate-furniture-collection.42234/'[img]http://i.imgur.com/JDrGLOR.png[/img][/URL]
If it's too big i'll change it if you want.

Hey, hope you don't mind but I made a banner for this thread! I am kinda new to making banners so a bit of noobiness can be expected.
JDrGLOR.png

Code:
[URL='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/dreadwood-a-proper-pirate-furniture-collection.42234/'[img]http://i.imgur.com/JDrGLOR.png[/img][/URL]
If it's too big i'll change it if you want.
Oh wow, a banner? Thank you! Don't worry, I had no idea how to make a banner at all :dryadgrin: I like it, thanks again for making it!

Back
Top Bottom