tModLoader Drop Your Weapon!

Update v0.5 is out!

- Alien Zapper fully implemented
- Scutlix Blaster added
- the new Mechanic's Wrench can be bought from the Mechanic
- the new Pirate Cannon can be bought from the Pirate

It'd be cool if you could break down the weapons into usable materials. I can imagine after a while of stockpiling the weapons they just take up space so instead of throwing them in a pit of lava maybe being able to break them down into like 1 or 2 bars of the respected teir would be cool. Obviously only if you're that far in the game logically like breaking down the hallowed sword requiring it be down on a mythril/adamantite anvil. Just an idea I'm assuming not many of the weapons stack so this could be a fix for weapon hoarders (myself).

P.S. I could be wrong about the mythril anvil thing I haven't played terraria in a long time just lurking around looking at mods.

It'd be cool if you could break down the weapons into usable materials. I can imagine after a while of stockpiling the weapons they just take up space so instead of throwing them in a pit of lava maybe being able to break them down into like 1 or 2 bars of the respected teir would be cool. Obviously only if you're that far in the game logically like breaking down the hallowed sword requiring it be down on a mythril/adamantite anvil. Just an idea I'm assuming not many of the weapons stack so this could be a fix for weapon hoarders (myself).

P.S. I could be wrong about the mythril anvil thing I haven't played terraria in a long time just lurking around looking at mods.

So...have the option to revert weapons into their proper bars/wood?

If those weapons would be craftable (and they're not), there are mods that do exaclty that.
But the only resonable option I see for my mod is not to hold on to weapons you don't need. If you love to hoard, maybe a world with a dedicated stash would be an idea?

If those weapons would be craftable (and they're not), there are mods that do exaclty that.
But the only resonable option I see for my mod is not to hold on to weapons you don't need. If you love to hoard, maybe a world with a dedicated stash would be an idea?
Just remembered you can sell items in this game nvm.

So this mod is finally ready to be officially released!

I think I've made all weapons I want to implement, so v1.0 is out.

Not many changes from v0.5:
- cleaned up a bit
- added secret end-game weapon
- removed Compacted Snowball, didn't work, won't be missed

So eh I know it's a secret.. but I saw ur mod in Tmodloader, and I wanna know what to kill or what to look for the secret weapon.

Nice new weapons I liked the secret one specially too. The scoutlix weapon though is the same as the heat ray only 5 dmg diff and 2 less mana but no piercing. Shouldn't it be like a bullet instead of a long ray and maybe do more dmg?

Nice new weapons I liked the secret one specially too. The scoutlix weapon though is the same as the heat ray only 5 dmg diff and 2 less mana but no piercing. Shouldn't it be like a bullet instead of a long ray and maybe do more dmg?
The weapons' damage and style are all modeled after the enemy's counterpart, and the scutlix blaster shoots the 'ScutlixLaserFriendly' projectile (I'm damn glad I didn't had to make a custom one, although it doesn't somehow look quite as pretty as the original).
I could reduce use time and/or mana usage a bit to bring it more on par with other weapons of that tier.

The weapons' damage and style are all modeled after the enemy's counterpart, and the scutlix blaster shoots the 'ScutlixLaserFriendly' projectile (I'm damn glad I didn't had to make a custom one, although it doesn't somehow look quite as pretty as the original).
I could reduce use time and/or mana usage a bit to bring it more on par with other weapons of that tier.

What's being shot is actually "RayGunnerLaser"

RayGunnerLaser has the ID 438, the blaster shoots 434 (ScutlixLaserFriendly), so that should be correct. It wouldn't do damage to enemies otherwise (I think).

I tested and it doesnt do damage but the laser behavior look etc is the ray gunner one. If you are going to do a custom proj you could clone the raygunner one and make it hit which I think might be simpler than fiddling with Scutix one to make it simmilar to the gunner one. Or if neither of those works for you the 440 hits and looks like an in between both but is blue not red.

I tested and it doesnt do damage but the laser behavior look etc is the ray gunner one. If you are going to do a custom proj you could clone the raygunner one and make it hit which I think might be simpler than fiddling with Scutix one to make it simmilar to the gunner one. Or if neither of those works for you the 440 hits and looks like an in between both but is blue not red.
I just tried cloning the original Scutlix Laser (606), but it's completely invisible, cloning projectiles almost never works out for me.
So using the one from the scutlix mount (434) is probably the best I can manage, even though it doesn't really look the same.

I just tried cloning the original Scutlix Laser (606), but it's completely invisible, cloning projectiles almost never works out for me.
So using the one from the scutlix mount (434) is probably the best I can manage, even though it doesn't really look the same.

using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
using System;

namespace xxxx.Items.Projectiles
{
public class xxxxx : ModProjectile
{
public override void SetDefaults()
{
projectile.CloneDefaults(438); // The RayGunnerLaser projectile id 438 is visible though and looks the same you would only need the friendly true and hostile false
projectile.name = "xxx";
projectile.alpha = 0; //to make it visible if someçhow this is still invisible to you although it should not if you use 438
projectile.friendly = true; //to hit npcs
projectile.hostile = false; // and not you
}
}
}

If you still have problems if you could at least adjust the damage and all that good stuff would be great.

Back
Top Bottom