Blocks & Decoration Dropping Mud into shimmer should turn it into Clay

Despite the introduction of shimmer, clay has remained non-renewable

I feel like dropping Mud into shimmer should change it into Clay, making it more accessible in large amounts

At the moment mud transmutates onto dirt but clay cannot be transmutated from or into anything at all
Have clay be transmutated to dirt too

Last edited:
A great idea in theory, but if Mud transmuted into clay there would be no way to turn Mud back into Dirt. Making clay renewable is important though so what if putting dirt and/or mud into an Extractinator had a 30-50% chance of producing clay since dirt and mud are both partially comprised of clay. This would solve the renewability problem while not getting rid of the option to de-craft mud back into dirt.

Another solution could be that Mud turns in to Clay, then Clay turns into Dirt.

Last edited:
A great idea in theory, but if Mud transmuted into clay there would be no way to turn Mud back into Dirt. Making clay renewable is important though so what if putting dirt and/or mud into an Extractinator had a 30-50% chance of producing clay since dirt and mud are both partially comprised of clay. This would solve the renewability problem while not getting rid of the option to de-craft mud back into dirt.
Yeah!

Hmm, I agree with what you're saying, but I still thing we should do something else with shimmer and dirt-related material. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

That is what I was going to say
But didn't want to mix things up

Despite the introduction of shimmer, clay has remained non-renewable

I feel like dropping Mud into shimmer should change it into Clay, making it more accessible in large amounts

At the moment mud transmutates onto dirt but clay cannot be transmutated from or into anything at all
Have clay be transmutated to dirt too
is mud even renewable

Thanks to Shimmer yes. You can farm almost any ore or gem and throw it into Shimmer until it turns into dirt. Then you can rehydrate the dirt into Mud while standing next to a water source or sink.
oh ok did not know that what are the use of clay anyways

just make clay ctaftable with dirt and mud fixed
I am giving another use of shimmer
Mud turns to dirt with shimmer, throwing wood into shimmer turns it into dirt, making dirt renewable without dirt bombs, and clay doesn't transmutate into anything, just settles to the bottom with no effect

Shimmer transmutation goes like this

Mud -> Clay -> Dirt

Back
Top Bottom