Like this Empress Lore

• With a Radient Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • With a Shadowy No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Gusteen

Terrarian
So it puzzled me the other day, it seems suspicious that the official terraria lore was realesed just before empress of light, so far I found not many lore theories on who this person is but their is some info that may unintentionally shed light on this enigma

So the dryad is a ubiquitous terraria npc like the Angler Steampunker and Tinkerer, what makes her unique is that she can rate the amount of corruption and hallow in the world, and calls the hollow "Good", this is an interesting claim due to the many hazards of the hallow so I done some digging on the hallow and the empress and what their based on and I found some interesting info

In real mythology Dryads are pretty much tree faries in greek mythology, their the fae representing nature while the empress represents the Fae of light, it's also interesting that she is the only fae of her species so using these facts I theories a missing peice of terraria lore

So imaging that their are two primordial forces, the old ones like the moon lord represents the primordial forces of darkness while the Fae represents the primordial forces of light, the original tribes of dryads were the orginal defenders of terraria and they fought and used their magic to neutralize the shadows, yadda yadda, BoC and Skeletron among others are created, there were casualties sure but the Dryads weren't truly extinct, that's where the primordial light came in, unline the shadows it had both good and bad qualities which proved to be too much for the dryads and the light slain almost all the dryads, however before they truly went extinct the dryads managed to separate the good and bad light, the bad light combined with the shadows to become the WoF and the good light reincarnated itself as the nearest lifeform, a fellow Dryad who wanders the world and settles down in towns like yours

As for why the dryad gets renamed after each slaying simple, reincarnation when the dryad dies the good light simply makes a new dryad as a incarnation, this is why the dryad like the hallow, she is part of it, or was part of it, since after many centuries the good light was too separated from the bad light to fuse back together so dont worry their are no threats of light cleansing

What about the Empress well when the bad light came out it infected the ground becoming the hallow, the bad light needed to incubate itself so it could get its revenge on Terraria for sealing her, to do this she reinvented herself as the prismatic lacewing and whenever one such butterfly gets stained you create just enough stimulus for the Empress to temporarily show her cleansing might, however that is only enough time for slaying a terraria as she still needs the good light to truly gain her power, a power she will never get again

In conclusion the Dryad and Empress in a way are two parts of the same force, that is the missing lore of terraria

What do you think of this theory and holes I made, would you believe this as canon???

So it puzzled me the other day, it seems suspicious that the official terraria lore was realesed just before empress of light, so far I found not many lore theories on who this person is but their is some info that may unintentionally shed light on this enigma

So the dryad is a ubiquitous terraria npc like the Angler Steampunker and Tinkerer, what makes her unique is that she can rate the amount of corruption and hallow in the world, and calls the hollow "Good", this is an interesting claim due to the many hazards of the hallow so I done some digging on the hallow and the empress and what their based on and I found some interesting info

In real mythology Dryads are pretty much tree faries in greek mythology, their the fae representing nature while the empress represents the Fae of light, it's also interesting that she is the only fae of her species so using these facts I theories a missing peice of terraria lore

So imaging that their are two primordial forces, the old ones like the moon lord represents the primordial forces of darkness while the Fae represents the primordial forces of light, the original tribes of dryads were the orginal defenders of terraria and they fought and used their magic to neutralize the shadows, yadda yadda, BoC and Skeletron among others are created, there were casualties sure but the Dryads weren't truly extinct, that's where the primordial light came in, unline the shadows it had both good and bad qualities which proved to be too much for the dryads and the light slain almost all the dryads, however before they truly went extinct the dryads managed to separate the good and bad light, the bad light combined with the shadows to become the WoF and the good light reincarnated itself as the nearest lifeform, a fellow Dryad who wanders the world and settles down in towns like yours

As for why the dryad gets renamed after each slaying simple, reincarnation when the dryad dies the good light simply makes a new dryad as a incarnation, this is why the dryad like the hallow, she is part of it, or was part of it, since after many centuries the good light was too separated from the bad light to fuse back together so dont worry their are no threats of light cleansing

What about the Empress well when the bad light came out it infected the ground becoming the hallow, the bad light needed to incubate itself so it could get its revenge on Terraria for sealing her, to do this she reinvented herself as the prismatic lacewing and whenever one such butterfly gets stained you create just enough stimulus for the Empress to temporarily show her cleansing might, however that is only enough time for slaying a terraria as she still needs the good light to truly gain her power, a power she will never get again

In conclusion the Dryad and Empress in a way are two parts of the same force, that is the missing lore of terraria

What do you think of this theory and holes I made, would you believe this as canon???
Hi @Gusteen, I moved this thread out of the Suggestion section. The Suggestion section should only be used when you are presenting an idea that you think should be added to the game. Please take a little bit more time to look at what section your threads are being made. Almost all of them are having to be moved. :)

This is a great resource to see what each section is for (click on the “Spoiler: Terraria Community Forums Section Descriptions”)

Send me a message if you have any questions HERE

Back
Top Bottom