Items DST Equipment might need a huge buff...

Lynxical

Plantera
I've been talking to people about these weapons like @J Bame, @qwerty3.14 (I need you guys to help me lmfao), and a few others, but the weapons are very underwhelming, Lucy has about the same dps as Fiery Greatsword, but also has less range, and is worse as an axe than Molten Hamaxe, the Ranged weapon has huge damage variance, and it's very hard to even see the tile being thrown... or shot, I haven't played the update yet, but the point is, all the weapons so far are super underwhelming and need a buff, I'm hoping @Leinfors sees this and can get these weapons a quick buff or so they're more viable

Last edited:
Can confirm all info.
Molten Fury outperforms pewmatic horn by almost twice

Master EoC kill times: Molten Fury and Jester: 26 seconds
Pew-Matic horn kills the very first boss in 50 seconds

Update: Weather Pain is pretty fine as a sidearm

Last edited:
I have some comments to make but I think I'll wait until things have settled down more. I have reasons for most of the things I did and I'll let at least a few days pass before I start considering what might need buffs or nerfs. There is no hurry and I'd rather avoid kneejerk reactions based on immediate first impressions.

So far, the footage I'm 100% sure about

Molten Fury is 21 sec

Pew-Matic horn is 34 sec

Attachments

• Molten Eye.gif
    13.3 MB · Views: 93
  • Pew Eye.gif
    19.6 MB · Views: 83
Lucy the Axe is a little bit stronger than Fiery Greatsword... but it's got half the size which way offsets that advantage. True, It's debatable whether Hellstone gear is tiered at Late-Prehardmode or right after the Evil Boss, but Fiery Greatsword isn't a good weapon to begin with.

The Horn looks to be weaker than a Musket. I don't think there is an excuse for that.

The sentry is probably just held back by the fact that there are no ways to get additional sentry slots in Pre-Hardmode

I am back, and I have to say I'm very unimpressed by these weapons, Weather Pain seems fine, but Lucy is really underwhelming, same with Pewmatic Horn, the damage ranges so much and the dps isn't impressive at all, I'll continue messing around with the new items and I'll comment when I find another weak weapon or something along the likes

Ham Bat is really really bad, it's way worse than Fetid and is even worse than Frostbrand, the range is lackluster and the damage is bad

Abigail's Flower is really good... if it wasn't for the fact she's too slow... she simply needs to be faster, bosses outpace her, Flinx is better on EoC, same for even I think Queen Bee sometimes, she's just so slow

Things I've noticed from every weapon so far
- They're all horribly underpowered for their tier
- Their "niche" they're supposed to fill is outclassed by other weapons of the same tier by simply being better

Bat Bat as well feels really... eh, if you get it early enough it's ok but the heal rate is super jank

BTW, I want to clarify: I'm not trying to say I want to shut down discussion. Far from it.

Rather, I'm just saying that I'm going to let that discussion sort itself out and let people get a few days worth of exposure and thoughts before I really dive into the back and forth.

Looking forward to what you guys have to say. :)

Abigail is a huge outlier in all of this, being actually quite the superb weapon that can even scale through the game to the point of being usable as a poor man's Desert Tiger through all of Hardmode. This might be intended since minion slots actually increase her movement speed. Oh, and she memes BoC:

And now for an overpowered item, the Frog Sandwich.

Costs two frogs... and it gives you 8 MINUTES of exqusitely stuffed. Thats insane. All other sources of T3 well fed are either rare drops from enemies or Seafood Dinner, which requires you to commit to fishing.

With this item all you need is a house in the Jungle, then the biome's high spawn rates make that house get full of frogs, and thats how you get as many Sandwiches as you want.

Should:
1- Give 25 minutes of Tier 2 Well Fed
2- Nerf Sauteed frog legs to T1 to keep it in line with other critter food, and nerf Sandwich to T2
3- Make it 1 or 2 minutes of T3 well fed

Out of all the new weapons the Pew-Matic, Lucy, and Ham Bat seem the most underpowered. The others like Abigail and Houndius Shootius seem alright, only those three are in desperate need of a buff.

Out of all the new weapons the Pew-Matic, Lucy, and Ham Bat seem the most underpowered. The others like Abigail and Houndius Shootius seem alright, only those three are in desperate need of a buff.

For the record, can you specify which items you are specifically contrasting these three items against as a basis for comparison?

The Pewmatic is a lot weaker than the Boomstick, and while that weapon is pretty borderline, the gap is very big and this weapon comes from a hard boss. Qwerty also says it's weaker than a Musket...

Lucy as I said is comparable to Fiery Greatsword, but worse overall due to the pathetic size (and also... Fiery Greatsword isnt very strong, even considering it as a mid hardmode weapon)

I havent seen or heard enough about Ham Bat to have an opinion.

I'm not sure what Lucy is supposed to be tbh, is she supposed to be an Axe or a weapon? She doesn't really do that good of a job for either...

Now for the other melee weapons
- Bat Bat is alright, but is slow and lacks autoswing, which is probably a way to balance out its ability to heal, but is definitely worse than Ice Blade, which has similar damage but is faster and has autoswing, but Bat Bat is also rare and feels novelty, similar to Chain Knife
- Ham Bat is a lot worse than Fetid and Frostbrand(which I consider pretty "meh" in the first place), feels more novelty than anything, the droprate isn't too bad at 4%, but is also more rare than Fetid or Frostbrand, or even Beam Sword
- Tentacle Spike does nothing special I don't think? Another weapon that could be decent but lacks autoswing and is very rare unless you're on The Constant, because it seems to have a 1/525 and on The Constant it seems to be 1/100

I wanna point out something, but Abigail's Flower feels way too rare on seeds that aren't the constant, I got her to spawn nearly instantly on the seed but I couldn't get her within 5 minutes on 24x speed, and ShyGuyMask said it took him 10 minutes on 24x speed to get her to spawn in

Fiery Greatsword, Light's bane and Blade of Grass were created not as weapons, but as materials for Night's Edge. Sad m8

Ham Bat with tier 3 food and 3 sanguine minions kill master destroyer in 35 seconds, while Fetid Baghnakhs only in 19, same loadout based on melee Titanium armor

Abigail with 6 and less minion slots seems to be a little bit slow.
Abigail falls behind Imps and Frogs on Skeletron and behind Flinxes or Frogs on Eye of Cthulhu
(I'm sure nobody wants to see my huge chart of tests)

She is great on Wall of Flesh, QS, Dreadnautilus with Firecracker (or rightclick focus + another class weapon in WoF's case)

Tried Pew-Matic horn again, it is on par with Musket, but is considerably slower than Boomstick and Minishark + STN.

Back
Top Bottom