Items DST Equipment might need a huge buff...

I’m content with this, but will her use time affect her tool speed as well?(aka there’s Use Time and Use Animation, Lucy tool speed(aka Use Time) is 20, same as her Use Animation(which is also 20)

Both her useTime and useAnimation will be changed to 17, assuming that is the final selection I pick.

I'm open to concerns about her power, but I think I would need more precise examples than what that video offered . . . it was fairly vague, and just talked about her scaling, but scaling alone does not make something powerful (see Desert Tiger).
Queen Slime Killtimes.
Daedalus Stormbow + Holy 31 sec
Dart Pistol + Ichor 33 sec
Uzi + Crystal 37 sec
Onyx Blaster + Crystal 44 sec
Abigail + FC 55 sec
Clockwork Assault Rifle + Crystal 58 seconds
Shadowflame Knife 59 seconds, but some accessories were Warding

Abigail used Spider Armor and had 7 summon slots

Balance Thread #2 is a good idea... I wish I were participating the 1st one...

And in closing, now that we worked out a few kinks in it

Tentacle Spike:
- Now causes spikes to be embedded in targets struck by this weapon (Think Bone Javelin, but 1 applied every Melee hit)
- Spikes (currently) deal 2 DoT
- Enemies can have up to 6 spikes embedded in them (max of 12 DoT per enemy)
- Multiple enemies can have spikes embedded, but you can only apply 1 spike per swing, regardless of how many enemies are struck (for example, taking a swing at 7 EoW segments in one swipe will only apply 1). This is in place because previous weapons using a mechanic like this were not capable of striking more than one enemy at once.
- Current duration of effect is expected to be lower than Bone Javelin's 15 seconds, but not particularly short

Tentacle Spike:
- Now causes spikes to be embedded in targets struck by this weapon (Think Bone Javelin, but 1 applied every Melee hit)
- Multiple enemies can have spikes embedded, but you can only apply 1 spike per swing, regardless of how many enemies are struck (for example, taking a swing at 7 EoW segments in one swipe will only apply 1). This is in place because previous weapons using a mechanic like this were not capable of striking more than one enemy at once.
- Current duration of effect is expected to be lower than Bone Javelin's 15 seconds, but not particularly short
Pretty cool mechanic. Not particularly strong (12 DoT cap that needs to be stacked to really isn’t that big), but it’ll help Tentacle Spike hopefully not be as incredibly forgettable as it is right now.

Tentacle Spike:
I think you could bump the DPS up a bit, but at least this will make the weapon more interesting.

Also, I noticed how you said Hardmode swords are bad. But aren't Terra Blade, Star Wrath, Meowmere, and Flying Dragon good? Zenith is a given.

I think you could bump the DPS up a bit, but at least this will make the weapon more interesting.

Also, I noticed how you said Hardmode swords are bad. But aren't Terra Blade, Star Wrath, Meowmere, and Flying Dragon good? Zenith is a given.
I think hardmode ore swords were meant
And some other early HM swords
Rarity is more of an issue with Tentacle Spike (at least currently, when there is no damage advantage over BB or LB)

This was generally in reference to non-projectile swords, namely, most of the stuff between WoF and some post-Mech.

I think this was generally in reference to non-projectile swords, namely, most of the stuff between WoF and some post-Mech.
Ah, thank you for the clarification.

I know I'm nagging at this point, but I do implore you to start a discussion about making Deerclops despawn after the player's death or at least make so that it despawns after 2-3 player deaths (Making the current despawning timer shorter could also work). Again, an early-game character beating Deerclops by mindlessly smashing their face into him a thousand times and getting their hands on QB-tier equipment sounds pretty progression-breaking to me and is far worse than making Deerclops less faithful to its incarnation in a game that plays nothing like Terraria.

I can say with pretty high confidence that a change of that significance will not be likely made overnight (for tomorrow's hotfix) and if it is made at all, would come at a later date. We discussed this in the first place when it was implemented, and it was not done this way by accident.

I can say with pretty high confidence that a change of that significance will not be likely made overnight (for tomorrow's hotfix) and if it is made at all, would come at a later date. We discussed this in the first place when it was implemented, and it was not done this way by accident.
Oh, I don't expect it to be changed in tomorrow's hotfix. I always knew that such a change would come later down the line (if at all). I'm sorry if I gave off the impression that I expected it this week.

I knew that there must have been internal discussions about Deerclops' lack of despawning, but I think another discussion is in order. I think this is a case where being faithful to the source material has a harmful effect. Again, Terraria and Don't Starve are completely different games, and what works in one won't necessarily work in the other. I know I have zero authority over you or anyone else at Re-Logic; however, as a player with hundreds of hours in Terraria, I believe that such a discussion would be in the game's best interests.

Last edited:
Ah, thank you for the clarification.

I know I'm nagging at this point, but I do implore you to start a discussion about making Deerclops despawn after the player's death or at least make so that it despawns after 2-3 player deaths (Making the current despawning timer shorter could also work). Again, an early-game character beating Deerclops by mindlessly smashing their face into him a thousand times and getting their hands on QB-tier equipment sounds pretty progression-breaking to me and is far worse than making Deerclops less faithful to its incarnation in a game that plays nothing like Terraria.
There could be worse things...

We currently have the goblin invasion which has the same mechanic (how many Master mode players have ended up dying over and over again to a goblin invasion around their house?) as well as pirates and other invasions, including the pillars.

A lot of games reward dull, persistent beating-your-head-against the wall mechanics (most RPGs can be beaten by grinding/leveling), and it's good for weaker players. For you personally (and for me), we can fight it the hard way. But why not give weaker players a way to progress? It's like the celestial pillars. Sure, you can cheese them early one to get great equipment (when I first started playing, I couldn't beat Fishron without a Vortex Beater because I didn't know his pattern), but it's not fun, so I just stopped, and I don't know anyone who regularly does it. It helped me learn, and now I could do better.

It's not objectively bad. What's the harm in having one boss be different? Especially in Classic mode.

Tentacle Spike:
This sounds like a fun to use weapon. But were any of Tentacle Spike's stats changed? Or was it unnecessary?

But aren't Terra Blade, Star Wrath, Meowmere, and Flying Dragon good?
Terra Blade is phenomenal, but I doubt you could find anyone remotely willing to call Star Wrath "good" when seeing the other post-Moon Lord weapons. Its DPS gets absolutely murdered by having its iframes not be local, and even if it didn't have this problem, It still gets torn to shreds by the unbridled apollyons that are MKII, Last Prism, and S.D.M.G.

Seriously. Only about every other falling Star hits.

This sounds like a fun to use weapon. But were any of Tentacle Spike's stats changed? Or was it unnecessary?

Tentacle Spike was only just weaker than the two weapons I considered most for it (Light's Bane and Blood Butcherer). It only takes a couple damage points or speed increases for it to surpass them. The addition of DoT here will almost certainly make it the superior option. I hadn't felt that the item needed to be a powerhouse in any regard.

Terra Blade is phenomenal, but I doubt you could find anyone remotely willing to call Star Wrath "good" when seeing the other post-Moon Lord weapons. Its DPS gets absolutely murdered by having its iframes not be local, and even if it didn't have this problem, It still gets torn to shreds by the unbridled apollyons that are MKII, Last Prism, and S.D.M.G.

Yeah. Meowmere doesn’t reward you from being in close melee, like Terra Blade. Either sword or projectiles can deal damage, not both
Meowmere is worse than Daybreak against ML.

Star Wrath gets boosted by Raven Immunity Reset (dear devs, please note)
So do Last Prism and Terrarian too
But even in this case

JMMFTW EoL
Celebration MK2 8 sec (with red rocket precise aiming)
RIR Last Prism 16 sec
Last Prism 22 sec
SDMG Crystal 27 sec
Star Wrath... 1 minute 4 seconds.

If it's bugged, report it.

Star Wrath has a wrong mechanics behind it
It is not a bug
(except Ravens, but it is a different case)
I'm am certain it's an oversight. Why wouldn't every star be able to hit? It makes the weapon feel abysmal to use and kills its potential DPS. If it's a balancing factor, You could straight-up double the DPS and it would STILL be behind the other weapons. I also think that after Moon Lord, weapon feel is more important than weapon balance, and Star Wrath's iframes kill that aspect of it too.

Back
Top Bottom