Console Dual Threat: Terraria is Coming to Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, console owners can finally kiss any chance of seeing 1.3 goodbye. They finally are doing what so many said just couldnt be done. "The coding is so much different, it would never work on a WiiU, blah blah blah." Never underestimate the power of capitalism (or greed). Since I own Terraria for the PC, Ps3 and Ps4, I dont see buying this anytime soon but it's good that Terraria will be picked up by a whole new group of people. I was hoping Terraria would beat Minecraft to the WiiU and Ds. Now they will have a proper survival crafting game to play. Long live Terraria.

Well, console owners can finally kiss any chance of seeing 1.3 goodbye. They finally are doing what so many said just couldnt be done. "The coding is so much different, it would never work on a WiiU, blah blah blah." Never underestimate the power of capitalism (or greed). Since I own Terraria for the PC, Ps3 and Ps4, I dont see buying this anytime soon but it's good that Terraria will be picked up by a whole new group of people. I was hoping Terraria would beat Minecraft to the WiiU and Ds. Now they will have a proper survival crafting game to play. Long live Terraria.
Who said Console wasn't getting 1.3? They have teams working on every single version, so don't make assumptions that terraria 1.3 will never come.

UU2dM.gif

But seriously this is amazing news I can't wait

Last edited:
So, my Wii U has now one more reason to stand next to my TV!
one of the first reasons was, that my Wii was to old to play SSB Brawl on it...

Who said Console wasn't getting 1.3? They have teams working on every single version, so don't make assumptions that terraria 1.3 will never come.

No, you're right. As soon as they decided to do this, they dedicated a whole new team to make the new versions of Terraria. I am sure they didn't divide teams so that people that have actually worked on porting Terraria before could offer their insight. What I really meant was kissing any chance of it being done anytime soon, goodbye. I would almost guarantee that most of those working on updating all platforms are now working on porting it.

505 Games and Re-Logic are proud to be able to finally - and officially - confirm that Terraria will indeed be coming to the Nintendo Wii U and 3DS platforms! This represents a massive opportunity to bring Terraria to a whole new set of gamers whom may have never seen Terraria before - as well as a chance to explore what might be possible in the game with dual screen functionality. We hope you share in our excitement around the potential here!

Of course, we are well aware that there have been a number of rumors and leaked information around this from various sources - so, the way we figure it, we owe you a bit more to help make this announcement even more newsworthy! Also please note that any "release dates" given out were not official.

Let's start with some never before seen pictures of the packaging - and we will hope to bring you some screenshots that show off some of the new functionality in the weeks to come:

Also, please welcome @Deanzor, a 505 Games representative who will be working on Nintendo Terraria!

He's shared some information and answered some questions here in the thread, so be sure to check it out:

divider.png
Question:
Do we get download play so we can do multiplayer with friends?
Will the Wii U version support Miiverse?
Will the Wii U version have voice chat?

divider.png
Question:
How will multiplayer work on 3DS and Wii U?

divider.png

divider.png
Question:
Will these new ports slow down the development of other Console/Mobile versions of Terraria?
How will these versions differ from pre-existing Console/Mobile versions of Terraria?

divider.png
Question:
Will items such as the Plumber and Hero Outfits have their coloring returned to the original, in light of being on a Nintendo console?

divider.png
Question:
Will this version get constant updates like the other versions?

kdcROYP.png

To close out our announcement, let's give you what you are all wondering - an estimate on release timing! Of course, you will have all seen various published dates based upon the earlier rumors/leaks. For the most part, these are guesses or estimates. We are sharing here today that the expected launch for Terraria on Wii U and 3DS will take place in early 2016!

We have a few more surprises in store for this coming Holiday season, but we will save those for another time. Join us in celebrating this move that will finally bring Terraria to all of the major gaming platforms!

I absolutely can't wait for this!!
I will absolutely get this for the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS and play it for hours on end.
I would pay $100 for both the games.

This is kind of a stretch, but is it possible that even though we won't immediately get 1.3, we might get the new starting outfit choices? That's like the only thing 1.3 added that I now can't live without. :p Yes, of all the things 1.3 brought, that's the thing I ask for. I just need that swag trench coat!

now i just want to see a Terrarian Amiibo! :D
someone is going to actually make one, right?
At least one person is probably gonna make a Terrarian custom Amiibo, considering how many people love making custom amiibos. As for what character they'd make it off of, that's a tough call, since generally when making a custom amiibo you do it with the closest character to what it's a custom of. The possibilities I see it being are:

1. Robin, when playing Smash I always saw him as the closest to a Terrarian, just because of all the cool spell tome items, and the Levin Sword reminds me of the Influx Waver. Nosferatu is a lifesteal thing, Thunder charges like the Charged Blaster Cannon, etc.
2. One of the Mii Fighters, when they come out. Mii fighters are highly customizable, you could easily get close to a Terrarian character with one, and although the amiibos aren't out yet for them they are confirmed to be coming.
3. Link or Toon Link, I think they could definitely be seen as similar to a Terrarian, in the same way as Robin could, there definitely are plenty of equipment similarities in them. Boomerang, Bow, Bombs, Grappling Hook, a Sword, that's all in Terraria as well.
4. Ness, because he uses a Yoyo, and all the psychic sort of moves are pretty reminiscent of some of Terraria's magic weapons. PK Thunder is like a Magic Missile, PK Fire is like an Inferno Fork.

And you don't have to think of this as for what amiibo to use either, you could look at this as who to play as if you wanted to get close to playing as a Terrarian in Smash, not even considering amiibos!

I hope that there will be an option for the dual screen to either have the inventory or the map on the bottom screen.
(Personally, I would choose the map if it was an option) :)

Yeah terraria on wii u! You should add in the Zapper back in but have it only exclusive to the Wii U and 3DS versions! (thats if nintendo allows :p)

They just got the final 1.3 code recently guys - expecting an instant port would therefore seem more than a bit "aggressive". ;)

Of course there are other things before 1.3.....and different teams means exactly what it sounds like

I can't possibly think how redicilously hard will be Expert mode for 3DS. Like hell man.
Its not the 3ds that has to handle it its the cartridge that has to be able to fit in the 3ds thats the problem we might ave an elongated cartrige like
robopon from GBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom