Console Dual Threat: Terraria is Coming to Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where'd everyone go? You can't just jump off the hype train... :(

Three days? My god. Maybe you guys work like genies. If I rub my moniter, maybe someone will come and talk...
Nope, now I just seem kind of creepy. Then again, what'd you expect from a Nintendo fan? XD
It's only creepy if there's a picture of a person/animal on your monitor...

I dont think Pokemon pets will happen, simply because they'd need permission from Game Freak. I'd expect them to put in a Master Sword eventually to match the Hero's Clothes and maybe a Navi Companion light creature thing and hopefully an Epona mount. They should be some rare drop from a Nintendo themed boss :D I'd love that. If only Nintendo could help out and send you guys at Re-Logic some Sprites for that :/

I dont think Pokemon pets will happen, simply because they'd need permission from Game Freak. I'd expect them to put in a Master Sword eventually to match the Hero's Clothes and maybe a Navi Companion light creature thing and hopefully an Epona mount. They should be some rare drop from a Nintendo themed boss :D I'd love that. If only Nintendo could help out and send you guys at Re-Logic some Sprites for that :/
Dye your fairy white and your unicorn orange (maybe flame dye would look good?)

If Nintendo wants to push sales they should send some sprites to Re-Logic. It wouldn't be unheard of, I mean Ubisoft sent Nintendo a 3D model of Rayman to be in Smash Bros as a trophy.

Now, if I could add just one Nintendo-themed exclusive item, I think this would be the coolest thing:

Plumber Shoes
Accessory
Provides 2 defense
Allows you to jump on enemies' heads to damage them. (Probably just around 20 damage, but would cut through defense a little more)

Not sure how you'd get them, but that's what I'd want. Of course Zelda and Pokémon themed things would also be amazing, I think just that would be the perfect kind of exclusive item that wouldn't be too big a deal, and I think a Mario reference would be the best choice since it's the most iconic Nintendo franchise, and come on, who wouldn't wanna jump Green Slimes like they were Goombas?

I always thought it'd be cool to play Terraria on the 3DS. I can see the 3DS stylus being nearly as efficient as a mouse.

So, is there an estimate for a month yet next year? Februaryish?
Fancy Force took two years to bring Happy Wheels to iOS, but I have way more faith in you guys.
Man I want to preorder this now on my 3DS!

Last edited:
the more time for development, the faster the game is created. but don't go too fast or you'll get terraria '06. (parody of Sonic '06, a rushed game, horrible quality.)

HAHAHAHA best reference of the year. Hey what about Sonic Boom? That rivals Sonic 06 for worst XD
Oh god I'm dying of boredom...
Days go by, still no call from my hope-to-be-employer...
However will I buy Terraria on 3DS...

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA best reference of the year. Hey what about Sonic Boom? That rivals Sonic 06 for worst XD
Oh god I'm dying of boredom...
Days go by, still no call from my hope-to-be-employer...
However will I buy Terraria on 3DS...
Let's hope Terraria Otherworld isn't Sonic Boom, then!

I've been away on holiday for a few days, so haven't seen the thread. I'll answer all the questions I can now.

I'm hyper hyped for this on 3DS. I only played the mobile version, but I got sick of the touch controls. I have a beastly gaming PC but I think it'll be wayyy more fun on 3DS despite a few drawbacks :D But anyway, I feel like the C-Stick could be used for some sort of general targeting system. Couldn't it just be used to aim in the general four directions of the screen? If there's a flying enemy above you and to the side, the C-Stick should at least be able to match the D-Pad in terms of aiming. I'm not saying that it can be used like a full-fledged cursor, but almost a guide of sorts for the targeting system.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441751546,1441751505][/DOUBLEPOST]Also: Deanzor, what anime is your pic from?

Another thing. Are there slanted blocks in whatever build it's in now? What about mounts and jetpacks? As long as those things are in I'll be satisfied for quite some time :)

Anyway, even if this version was inferior to the other versions, I would pay more, simply because it's on 3DS. Oh right. I'll buy it, but you guys should really get your art team on a 3DS theme! I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

My god the forums are so quiet now.

The C-Stick doesn't give the control we needed to go for a 'twin stick' type setup like on console. I'm happy with what we have for aiming and targetting, and I'm sure you guys will be too. We, in partnership with Re-Logic, stress test the controls in various scenarios to get the best setups. Bosses, fighting an individual flying enemy, a Blood Moon massacre - we've got it right, you'll see.

Content wise, we're adding new stuff daily. We'll let you know what's in once we're done. I'm enjoying the fishing and minecarts stuff in the latest version.

My avatar is not from an anime, it's from one of my favourite videogames: Bangai-O on Dreamcast. The art style isn't a millions miles from Terraria, but I guess it'd be hard to get hold of these days.

RE: the hype train running out of steam - we've not been able to show new video because we've been re-tooling the UI in consultation with Red. Now we're about done there, I can't wait to be able to show you what it looks like. Expect a trailer in the coming weeks.

Or if you're lucky enough to be hitting up EGX in the UK, get along to the Nintendo stand an get hands on. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom