Console Dual Threat: Terraria is Coming to Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought it'd be cool to play Terraria on the 3DS. I can see the 3DS stylus being nearly as efficient as a mouse.

It feels different playing on 3DS to all the other platforms. Really looking forward to getting it into fans' hands.

I can't wait to see the next trailer! I am interested in how the new touch screen mechanics will work. I love watching games change and grow in quality as development progresses!

I like the 3DS trailers. how they are presented and stuff makes me wanna buy them. I hope that Terraria3DS will have an attractive intro too. I can't wait to see it on T.V.

Nah, I'm in the U.S., but I'll watch gameplay from EGX. Super excited! :D NEw items every day? God you guys are fast! Alright looking forward to it!

Hey why are the 3DS worlds limited? I get that it's because of the RAM, but doesn't the world load in chunks? When not in use, why don't they just stop rendering?

Last edited:
Nah, I'm in the U.S., but I'll watch gameplay from EGX. Super excited! :D NEw items every day? God you guys are fast! Alright looking forward to it!

Hey why are the 3DS worlds limited? I get that it's because of the RAM, but doesn't the world load in chunks? When not in use, why don't they just stop rendering?
The world is all loaded at once. Otherwise how would Corruption and Hallow spread if the areas aren't loaded? Plus, chunks would make exploring slow down, loading it all at once means it doesn't have to load anything more as you run around the world.

I can't wait until it comes out X3 Too bad I'll have to restart my character... unless there was an option where you can transport your character from another platform on to there, but possibly because of updates on different platforms, it most likely makes that impossible. (Maybe unless it could keep up the same update with the console platforms)

This'll be a very new experience for me! Also, it would be wonderful to have a Terraria theme, possibly a few others. Maybe one could be when you're scrolling, the top screen could be scrolling through a whole world with the bottom as a deep underground portion of a world ^w^

The world is all loaded at once. Otherwise how would Corruption and Hallow spread if the areas aren't loaded? Plus, chunks would make exploring slow down, loading it all at once means it doesn't have to load anything more as you run around the world.
This is accurate. It is also why the RAM requirements for Terraria have risen over time as more and more content is added.

I can't wait until it comes out X3 Too bad I'll have to restart my character... unless there was an option where you can transport your character from another platform on to there, but possibly because of updates on different platforms, it most likely makes that impossible. (Maybe unless it could keep up the same update with the console platforms)

This'll be a very new experience for me! Also, it would be wonderful to have a Terraria theme, possibly a few others. Maybe one could be when you're scrolling, the top screen could be scrolling through a whole world with the bottom as a deep underground portion of a world ^w^
A Terraria home menu theme would be amazing as heck

Could it be possible to have amiibo support?

Shovel Knight is an indie game and it has it's own unique amiibo, can this game at least support them?

Like giving vanity clothes of the character and having amiibo themed furniture

The amiibo can be scanned by clicking on an amiibo package furniture whitch is crafted from glass, wire and a statue

The amiibo stand works as a crafting station after an amiibo has been scanned inside it, the amiibo inside the package(in game) can either be removed or you can build a new one, giving you a change to have a virtual collection of amiibos

The packages work as crafting station, allowing you to craft amiibo themes vanity, blocks and furniture and maybe even weapons from basic blocks

The weapons could have more valuable and hard-to-obtain materials to balance them

Or will there be anything Nintendo exclusive?

Toad pet?
Pokemon minions?
NES Zapper recreated?
Samus' Arm Cannon?
Mega Buster?
Question Blocks coming from world spawn, holding an item like the naturally generated chests do?

Master Sword??
Hero's Bow?

Probably no...
I can dream right?
[DOUBLEPOST=1442464750,1442464167][/DOUBLEPOST]Of course there isn't cross playing between the 3DS and Wii U version right?

But could it be possible to transfer characters and worlds and to use the 3DS as a controller like in Smash Bros?

Can the touch screen be used to build and fight?

Does the Wii U version have off-TV play?

Sorry for asking so many questions...

Is there a possibility to make your own custom controls?

I can't stop asking questions...

Sorry

Right now the people at 505 and such are working on giving us a working version of terraria as up-to-date as possible. Amiibo support and all sorts of special items are simply not a priority at the moment. Let them make the game first before we bug them about special stuff.

I feel like it's pretty likely that we'll at least get Nintendo skinned items like the Hero's Clothes and Plumber's Clothes

Right now the people at 505 and such are working on giving us a working version of terraria as up-to-date as possible. Amiibo support and all sorts of special items are simply not a priority at the moment. Let them make the game first before we bug them about special stuff.
Yeah, probably...

I'm going to buy both versions anyway

And I own the PC version already

The character migration thing would be nice, but it's not possible. Each console's online infrastructure is a walled garden. That's the reason you can't play COD or whatever PlayStation versus Xbox.

Or will there be anything Nintendo exclusive?

Toad pet?
Pokemon minions?
NES Zapper recreated?
Samus' Arm Cannon?
Mega Buster?
Question Blocks coming from world spawn, holding an item like the naturally generated chests do?

Master Sword??
Hero's Bow?

Probably no...
I can dream right?
[DOUBLEPOST=1442464750,1442464167][/DOUBLEPOST]Of course there isn't cross playing between the 3DS and Wii U version right?

But could it be possible to transfer characters and worlds and to use the 3DS as a controller like in Smash Bros?

Can the touch screen be used to build and fight?

Does the Wii U version have off-TV play?

Sorry for asking so many questions...

Is there a possibility to make your own custom controls?

I can't stop asking questions...

Sorry

I can answer a few of these, the others I need to ask you to be patient and await further news.

Using 3DS as a controller: no. For Terraria there wouldn't be a benefit.

Touch screen can be used to both build and fight. I would say building works better on 3DS, fighting - particularly using ranged weapons - works better on Wii-U because there is more screen space. You can tap on an enemy to shoot arrows at it, which is cool imo.

Off TV play on Wii - yes.

Custom controls - not yet. You don't tend to see that on Nintendo games, more of a PC thing.

I'm having this looked into.

Does this mean the game's loading in chunks and not all-loaded-at-once?

Custom controls - not yet. You don't tend to see that on Nintendo games, more of a PC thing.

Please, please try to allow custom controls - I have a feeling I'd much rather use the C-stick like a traditional second analogue stick despite its flaws. I appreciate you want the game to be accessible, but us New 3DS players are fairly well accustomed to using it. We even play First Person Shooters on it.
Would it be hard to implement? At least give us some options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom