Console Dual Threat: Terraria is Coming to Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my guess is it could be a placeholder..and to reply to the physical copy comment the Playstation versions are the same price both physical and download wise. Nintendo likes to keep prices high. look at Pokémon for example. We have Pokémon games that are YEARS old still almost hitting the 30-40 dollar mark. Nintendo has a history of high prices on their 1st party titles as well as anything highly popular...which Terraria IS.

Nintendo eShop games are always the exact same price as the cartridges.

Anyway, I really hope there are some exclusive items, hopefully Nintendo themed, like the Link and Mario costumes.

Do note that Amazon, who had leaked the 3DS and Wii U ports of Terraria back in January, has always listed the price as $29.99. That said, they also originally listed the release date as October 31st, 2015, which was then shifted to March 31st, 2016 upon the official announcement during the summer with the window of "Early 2016" provided for release.

In other words, just as October 31st, 2015 and now March 31st, 2016 are speculative buffer dates designed to overcompensate for what is not yet known, $29.99 could very well be and most likely is a speculative buffer price. Wait for an official announcement to confirm information before getting upset over anything.

Nintendo eShop games are always the exact same price as the cartridges.

Anyway, I really hope there are some exclusive items, hopefully Nintendo themed, like the Link and Mario costumes.

Not in Australia... eShop is waaaayyyyyy cheaper Down Under... We have Resident Evil: Revelations for $15 when its $60 for the cartridge version.

on gamestop.com the current pricepoint is $29.99 for both 3DS and WiiU.

That's crazy, there is no way that I would pay $40x2(CAD) for Terraria.

Giys!? This is cause it's the physical copy! When it comes out on eShope it'll much cheaper... If it's $30 in GameStop I wonder what it'll be in EB Games...

Also... Will Terraria be released on 3DS/Wii U in Australia... Already disappointed that Binding of Isaac came in Europe and not Australia...
Honestly I would be suspect of anything not coming from 505 or Engine.

Apologies for asking again, but I would still like to know.
Will there be any PC, Xbox, or Mobile exclusive content in the 3DS and Wii U versions, or has that yet to be confirmed?
(Maybe it will have it's own exclusive content?)

Apologies for asking again, but I would still like to know.
Will there be any PC, Xbox, or Mobile exclusive content in the 3DS and Wii U versions, or has that yet to be confirmed?
(Maybe it will have it's own exclusive content?)
I can't confirm anything; but no PC content is exclusive, they just get it first, unless it's something prior platforms (mobile or console) can't handle due to system restrictions.

Personally I expect the Nintendo versions will contain the console exclusives at least. And since CodeGlue is handling 3DS it might get some of the mobile exclusives.

I can't confirm anything; but no PC content is exclusive, they just get it first, unless it's something prior platforms (mobile or console) can't handle due to system restrictions.

Personally I expect the Nintendo versions will contain the console exclusives at least. And since CodeGlue is handling 3DS it might get some of the mobile exclusives.
Thank you for the information. I was just curious to see if anything was confirmed yet.
That's okay, I can wait `:happy:

BETTER THAN MINECRAFT! you took minecraft, and FLEW with it! literally. all of the options in this game are almost endless. What if terraria actually started to jump into the 3d world, by a portal. and then your character was 3d and you could move around the map in the 3rd dimension. that would be awesome tbh. just like the trailer video.

Wii U/3DS version needs more fuel... Almost out in a few months and we've seen 1 spoiler... Want pictures... Want EVERYTHING... Want every bit of update info they can give... Please...

How's the trailer going?

BETTER THAN MINECRAFT! you took minecraft, and FLEW with it! literally. all of the options in this game are almost endless. What if terraria actually started to jump into the 3d world, by a portal. and then your character was 3d and you could move around the map in the 3rd dimension. that would be awesome tbh. just like the trailer video.

Not really. My god try to stay on topic. Your 3D dreams don't belong on a board about Nintendo ports. Your portal idea is unconventional. They wouldn't make a game that is both 2D and 3D. Paper Mario is the exception.

Hey Deanzor, I know this might be asking for a lot, but can you please try to get terraria wiiu/3ds out by the holidays? :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1446951883,1446951679][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry about the other guy, but if it makes you feel better, I am trying to deaign a mod for ps4 wiiu/3ds and pc; I call it PIXALATOR. I am going to include this, thanks for the idea :)

Harassment
What other guy? And yeah what does pixalator do?
Hey Deanzor, I know this might be asking for a lot, but can you please try to get terraria wiiu/3ds out by the holidays? :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1446951883,1446951679][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry about the other guy, but if it makes you feel better, I am trying to deaign a mod for ps4 wiiu/3ds and pc; I call it PIXALATOR. I am going to include this, thanks for the idea :)
What is pixalator? And yeah the idea of the 3rd dimension has been an exciting idea. Walk through a portal and you're in the 3rd dimension world. Go back through the portal and you're back to 2d. Option to either stay in 3rd dimension or flip back to 2d at will would be awesome. Through the portal we go!
[DOUBLEPOST=1447002139][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not really. My god try to stay on topic. Your 3D dreams don't belong on a board about Nintendo ports. Your portal idea is unconventional. They wouldn't make a game that is both 2D and 3D. Paper Mario is the exception.
Hey bud. Get off your computer and do something productive with your life other than to talk :red: on someone who has bigger dreams than your god. Anyways. The 3d capability in the wii u and 3ds is why I even came up with the idea. And hey. This would make the game ten times better than your paper mario reference.

What other guy? And yeah what does pixalator do?

What is pixalator? And yeah the idea of the 3rd dimension has been an exciting idea. Walk through a portal and you're in the 3rd dimension world. Go back through the portal and you're back to 2d. Option to either stay in 3rd dimension or flip back to 2d at will would be awesome. Through the portal we go!
[DOUBLEPOST=1447002139][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey bud. Get off your computer and do something productive with your life other than to talk :red: on someone who has bigger dreams than your god. Anyways. The 3d capability in the wii u and 3ds is why I even came up with the idea. And hey. This would make the game ten times better than your paper mario reference.
To speak objectively, your idea is not feasible within the current extent of Terraria's capabilities.

All games are constructed within an environment known as an engine. The engine dictates what is possible and capable of being done within the game made in the engine. Engines are typically constructed with a framework that allows for additions in capability without sacrificing much optimization. Go beyond the limits of the framework the engine's built upon, and performance will take a massive hit due to poor optimization of the code.

My main point is that, due to the way Terraria's engine was constructed, with the framework developed to suit the current 2D game, it would likely be much easier and faster to write a brand new engine and game from scratch than it would be to try to modify Terraria and its engine in its current state to add a 3D world without skewering the game's ability to run with any kind of good performance.

Also, there are better places to post your idea. Due to the irrelevance of your suggestion to the topic of this thread, it will likely not be taken seriously by those to read it (considering it's not the content they're looking for). May I suggest the Player Suggestions section?

And if you already knew everything I just told you in advance, then for future reference, please act like it. Thank you.

A quick search reveals that you are the first poster in this thread to use the word "Spotpass", so no information about Spotpass has been disclosed in this thread.
No plans huh? Damn :/ Well, thank you for pointing this out to me. I think it'd be really neat if Streetpass was incorporated exclusively into this game. We could have la guest room option where Mii's/Terrarian's can visit and whatnot. I'll check out that player suggestions thing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom