Console Dual Threat: Terraria is Coming to Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
What other guy? And yeah what does pixalator do?

What is pixalator? And yeah the idea of the 3rd dimension has been an exciting idea. Walk through a portal and you're in the 3rd dimension world. Go back through the portal and you're back to 2d. Option to either stay in 3rd dimension or flip back to 2d at will would be awesome. Through the portal we go!
[DOUBLEPOST=1447002139][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey bud. Get off your computer and do something productive with your life other than to talk :red: on someone who has bigger dreams than your god. Anyways. The 3d capability in the wii u and 3ds is why I even came up with the idea. And hey. This would make the game ten times better than your paper mario reference.

Mahn... That's a HUGE idea but... It would change the Terraria we know and love... Love the creativity... Just leave Minecraft to 3D and Terraria to 2D.

I need to know when the game is released, Deanzor can you tell me if we can get it by Christmas.

I need to know when the game is released, Deanzor can you tell me if we can get it by Christmas.
It will not be available by Christmas this year, they expect to release it within the first 3 months of next year. A more precise release date is yet to be determined. :)

It will not be available by Christmas this year, they expect to release it within the first 3 months of next year. A more precise release date is yet to be determined. :)
First 3 months!? Yes! Was expecting it much much later (didn't really think about the fact that the first quarter is in the first 3 months)!? Woooooo... I can feel a hype train coming on!?

Can't wait to see the 3D effect on the 3DS!!!!
A few people have mentioned 3D, but that's not currently a focus for us. The way 3DS works, it's a big overhead to render in 3D. It's more important that we get it working in 2D. Don't be fooled by the graphical style: the massive world of Terraria is a stiff challenge for 3DS. \
Admittedly, this information was posted the 30th of July, so it's possible the situation could have changed. However, the fact still remains that the 3DS possesses less than 1/4 of the RAM necessary to run Terraria on other platforms (the 3DS allocates 96MB of RAM to games), and thus the state of the game insofar is only possible thanks to the outstanding optimization done by Codeglue and 505. Due to this, I suspect stereoscopic 3D is a virtual impossibility for Terraria under 3DS hardware restrictions.

To speak objectively, your idea is not feasible within the current extent of Terraria's capabilities.

All games are constructed within an environment known as an engine. The engine dictates what is possible and capable of being done within the game made in the engine. Engines are typically constructed with a framework that allows for additions in capability without sacrificing much optimization. Go beyond the limits of the framework the engine's built upon, and performance will take a massive hit due to poor optimization of the code.

My main point is that, due to the way Terraria's engine was constructed, with the framework developed to suit the current 2D game, it would likely be much easier and faster to write a brand new engine and game from scratch than it would be to try to modify Terraria and its engine in its current state to add a 3D world without skewering the game's ability to run with any kind of good performance.

Also, there are better places to post your idea. Due to the irrelevance of your suggestion to the topic of this thread, it will likely not be taken seriously by those to read it (considering it's not the content they're looking for). May I suggest the Player Suggestions section?

And if you already knew everything I just told you in advance, then for future reference, please act like it. Thank you.
Finally, someone who gets it. Don't talk about new features here. Stick to the topic.

Hey Deanzor, I know this might be asking for a lot, but can you please try to get terraria wiiu/3ds out by the holidays? :)

That can't happen, I'm afraid. It takes weeks to manufacture the carts and ship them all over the world to where they need to be, and we're not at that point yet.

You won't have to wait too long into 2016, so please try and be patient. Sorry about that!

Anyone else hoping to hear Terraria mentioned in today's Nintendo Direct? They might, after all it seems like we haven't heard much about Terraria on 3DS/Wii U for a while, so it's possible we might hear something in a Direct.

Anyone else hoping to hear Terraria mentioned in today's Nintendo Direct? They might, after all it seems like we haven't heard much about Terraria on 3DS/Wii U for a while, so it's possible we might hear something in a Direct.
Haha you were right they did mention it
Smile.png

Excuse me, but do not think the name "Terraria" In Case You'd be Better If Were More With It details basis rather than finish Retro Style. (Of course I do not want to offend anyone and not criticize, is One Tip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom