Console Dual Threat: Terraria is Coming to Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all the people asking about which version it will be upon release. I'd anticipate it to be similar to the next gen console releases where it matched the content of the last gen versions. :) So whatever versions consoles have as of "Early 2016", the Nintendo systems will probably match :)
Presumably @505Games , since it says they would help develop it.
505 Games is a publisher :) They buy the rights to port PC games to consoles and mobile. Engine so far has developed all console versions, and CodeGlue has developed all the mobile versions. Since WiiU and 3DS are more console IMO (compare to PS4 and PSVita) I'd expect Engine to be the ones running these ports. :)

My reasoning behind this is because Nintendo wants 3rd party games to implement AMiibos and... since Terraria has something exclusive for every version of their game, I'd assume they will do something themed. Nintendo is all about themeing things unlike most companies.

like ye... as well, Terrraria already has a ton of Nintendo related references. IDK, gut feeling that this version is gonna be a bit different.. seems to happen a lot to nintendo console games.

I'd Think it would also have amiibo support because the new 3ds and wiiU have the amiibo feature. I dont know exactly what they might do with it but meh it is just a feeling.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438278355,1438278155][/DOUBLEPOST]PS!!! Early 2016? Can we get pre-orders for christmas pls :3
[DOUBLEPOST=1438278477][/DOUBLEPOST]like Nintendo is soo Themed... when you think of an iconic character, I at least always see mario and link and starfox and kirby and like the whole entire nintendo crew from smash.
Well it will definitely be unique with the Dual screens functionality. But my guess is it likely won't have any exclusive items. :x

I know, i ment for developing in updates, like 1.2.4 :|
Ah I see, I'm sure they'll share news about the current console versions when they have any to share :)

Is this going to be version 1.2 or 1.3?

Probably 1.2

EDIT: (Removed some erroneous bullcrap on my part.
CA3NNBa.png
)
Probably going to match with the other console versions. They'd be easier to port, already having controls and menus compatible with standard 4 face-button (ABXY) controllers and a gaming style operating system.

Considering I am a gigantic Nintendo fan, I will definitely pick up the Wii U version when it comes out.

... and after I get a Wii U. Dang bills need to be paid and I never have spare cash for the stuff I want. %:sigh:

Giys! Read carefully about what they said! I think this may be a slight 1.3 for Console reference (therefore it'd have to be for 3DS and WII U): "We have a few more surprises in store for this coming holiday season, but we will save those for another time."

What they might be referring to is 1.3!

And if so I might flip out!

:merchantsigh::merchanthappy::merchantcool::redspin::redmunch::red::red2::pumpking::nymph::zombie::golem::brain::joy::indifferent:;(

So, how 'bout touch mechanic theories?

I really hope we get bottom screen inventory/crafting screen. Needing to give up control with a big 'ol box in your face always seemed like a bit of a problem when I saw people play Terraria Xbox.

Honestly, even though I like the addition, I think the gameplay will suck. I'm sorry, I had to admit. My cousing will love it though, he has Terraria for PC, Mobile and Console.

Giys! Read carefully about what they said! I think this may be a slight 1.3 for Console reference (therefore it'd have to be for 3DS and WII U): "We have a few more surprises in store for this coming holiday season, but we will save those for another time."

What they might be referring to is 1.3!

And if so I might flip out!

:merchantsigh::merchanthappy::merchantcool::redspin::redmunch::red::red2::pumpking::nymph::zombie::golem::brain::joy::indifferent:;(
Love the hype, but we don't even have 1.2.4 yet so I'm not too sure 1.3 is on the horizon just yet XP 1.3 is massive after all :)

Hello folks.

I'm working on Nintendo Terraria so wanted to answer a few of your questions. Forgive my barebones profile: I'm on holiday and struggling with a single bar of phone signal to get any messages out.

Anyway, enough of my problems!

Terraria 3DS is for New 3DS and the regular 3DS. There will be a few additional control options on New 3DS to take advantage of the extra buttons, but nothing that would prevent cross play between the consoles. We want everyone to be able to play!

Content-wise, we're seeing what we can shoehorn in. 3DS is less powerful than even a basic smartphone, and the lower screen resolution presents a challenge. Of course the two screens are also a massive opportunity, and one we will exploit to the full.

We've got everything up to 1.2 in so far, and we're still working. We won't get all the 1.3 content in for launch, we know that. But please look forward to further updates on how we're doing there.

A few people have mentioned 3D, but that's not currently a focus for us. The way 3DS works, it's a big overhead to render in 3D. It's more important that we get it working in 2D. Don't be fooled by the graphical style: the massive world of Terraria is a stiff challenge for 3DS.

I think you're going to enjoy touching to build and dig, but we don't make it compulsory. In fact, some of the controls stuff we've got working in 3DS works so nicely we are looking at rolling bits into the other console versions.

Wii U will take its cues from the existing console versions, but obviously takes full advantage of touch and the second screen.

Bear with me a moment while I re-read the thread to see if there's anything else I can share...0

Do we get download play so we can do multiplayer with friends?
Is this the final box art (pls no) .
What framerate will it run at?
Is it designed for the new 3ds or the regular one?

Will the Wii U version support Miiverse? If so can we have billboards that automatically change to the latest posts?
Will the Wii U version have voice chat?
Will the Wii U version have other stuff?

No download play on 3ds. Each player needs to have a copy of the game.

Wii U does support Miiverse but no voice chat at present.

Hello folks.

I'm working on Nintendo Terraria so wanted to answer a few of your questions. Forgive my barebones profile: I'm on holiday and struggling with a single bar of phone signal to get any messages out.

Anyway, enough of my problems!

Terraria 3DS is for New 3DS and the regular 3DS. There will be a few additional control options on New 3DS to take advantage of the extra buttons, but nothing that would prevent cross play between the consoles. We want everyone to be able to play!

Content-wise, we're seeing what we can shoehorn in. 3DS is less powerful than even a basic smartphone, and the lower screen resolution presents a challenge. Of course the two screens are also a massive opportunity, and one we will exploit to the full.

We've got everything up to 1.2 in so far, and we're still working. We won't get all the 1.3 content in for launch, we know that. But please look forward to further updates on how we're doing there.

A few people have mentioned 3D, but that's not currently a focus for us. The way 3DS works, it's a big overhead to render in 3D. It's more important that we get it working in 2D. Don't be fooled by the graphical style: the massive world of Terraria is a stiff challenge for 3DS.

I think you're going to enjoy touching to build and dig, but we don't make it compulsory. In fact, some of the controls stuff we've got working in 3DS works so nicely we are looking at rolling bits into the other console versions.

Wii U will take its cues from the existing console versions, but obviously takes full advantage of touch and the second screen.

Bear with me a moment while I re-read the thread to see if there's anything else I can share...0
any planned exclusives?

Multiplayer: Wii U as per other versions. 1-8 player online versus friends, 1-4 splitsceen. One cool touch though is that you can split displays on Wii U, so 1P gets all of the Gamepad screen and 2P and above split the TV screen.

3DS is four player ad hoc.

I've been waiting for this moment. The dual-screen functionality will no doubt allow these versions to play much more like the PC version of the game than the current one for consoles. I'm looking forward to second-screen inventory and accessory management, housing management, map usage, and anything else the team can think of that would make use of it. There's so much potential and so many opportunities to make this the most unique yet familiar version of the game. Looking forward to it!

You think very much like we do, my friend ;)

Aw man, it would be awesome to see some Nintendo pets... I wouldn't even mind if it required getting an Amiibo for Nintendo to let you have it.
Like, Mario series Amiibo gives you a Goomba and Metroid gives you--well--a Metroid. Obviously a ton of needless work while you're still getting it on its feet, but I'd like to see that in a distant future update...

Multiplayer: Wii U as per other versions. 1-8 player online versus friends, 1-4 splitsceen. One cool touch though is that you can split displays on Wii U, so 1P gets all of the Gamepad screen and 2P and above split the TV screen.

3DS is four player ad hoc.
So, 3DS doesn't get multiplayer with people on your friends list? A little disappointing, but still better than what the other Mobile has, because this at least lets you do it without Wifi.

Aw man, it would be awesome to see some Nintendo pets... I wouldn't even mind if it required getting an Amiibo for Nintendo to let you have it.
Like, Mario series Amiibo gives you a Goomba and Metroid gives you--well--a Metroid. Obviously a ton of needless work while you're still getting it on its feet, but I'd like to see that in a distant future update...
And have the Link Amiibo give you Navi!

OOOHHHhhh. Wait. Brain blast. What it you can get Navi... AND SHE ACTS LIKE A PORTABLE GUIDE.

I soo want Amiibo support ;-;.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438293032,1438292932][/DOUBLEPOST]soo is it recommended to play the new Terraria 3DS on the new 3DS or the regular?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom