Console Dual Threat: Terraria is Coming to Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the possible Nintendo items and refrences! There should be a master sword item with a temple like the lizahard temple

Wow. Terraria is evolving so fast and nicely :D I'm very happy that there will soon be more platforms to play Terraria ;D
Even if I won't play it on these platforms, I will be happy to maybe welcome new TCF members :joy:

i love the fact that you guys are making it on the new gen nintendo consolse but why do companies always release their games when either i forget about the system or they break .-.

got a wii u from my nephew now I shall get this no matter what
klondike-contest.jpg

I
505 Games and Re-Logic are proud to be able to finally - and officially - confirm that Terraria will indeed be coming to the Nintendo Wii U and 3DS platforms! This represents a massive opportunity to bring Terraria to a whole new set of gamers whom may have never seen Terraria before - as well as a chance to explore what might be possible in the game with dual screen functionality. We hope you share in our excitement around the potential here!

Of course, we are well aware that there have been a number of rumors and leaked information around this from various sources - so, the way we figure it, we owe you a bit more to help make this announcement even more newsworthy! Also please note that any "release dates" given out were not official.

Let's start with some never before seen pictures of the packaging - and we will hope to bring you some screenshots that show off some of the new functionality in the weeks to come:

Also, please welcome @Deanzor, a 505 Games representative who will be working on Nintendo Terraria!

He's shared some information and answered some questions here in the thread, so be sure to check it out:

divider.png
Question:
Do we get download play so we can do multiplayer with friends?
Will the Wii U version support Miiverse?
Will the Wii U version have voice chat?

divider.png
Question:
How will multiplayer work on 3DS and Wii U?

divider.png

divider.png
Question:
Will these new ports slow down the development of other Console ports of Terraria?

divider.png
Question:
Will items such as the Plumber and Hero Outfits have their coloring returned to the original, in light of being on a Nintendo console?

kdcROYP.png

To close out our announcement, let's give you what you are all wondering - an estimate on release timing! Of course, you will have all seen various published dates based upon the earlier rumors/leaks. For the most part, these are guesses or estimates. We are sharing here today that the expected launch for Terraria on Wii U and 3DS will take place in early 2016!

We have a few more surprises in store for this coming Holiday season, but we will save those for another time. Join us in celebrating this move that will finally bring Terraria to all of the major gaming platforms!
[DOUBLEPOST=1438356514,1438356169][/DOUBLEPOST]@505, I don't think you are realizing the potential of using actual "3D" in Terraria, even separating the wall textures in a layer behind the blocks would be amazing. Huge missed opportunity IMHO. Also Nintendo has confirmed, multiple times, that if implemented properly the 3d function of the 3ds has zero effect on performance. The problem was, early on, developers weren't implementing it properly.

Seriously, implement basic 3d on the 3ds version, please. That would have me buying it all over again.

Wow, I can finally have Terraria on every modern gaming console- or anything modern that I play games on at all, for that matter- that I own.

First, huge props to @Deanzor for jumping in and answering questions - on vacation no less. Looking forward to what else he has to share. :)

I read the 3D comment as "our focus is on getting all of the possible core content that we can in, balanced, and tested first". I mean, that SHOULD be the focus. If resources remain, who knows? :)

I also love Kid Icarus - ever since about a hundred playthroughs back in the NES days.

Nike, it's August. 2016 is in 5 months (still a long time but not a year :p )

My kids have demanded a pikachu pet since they found out about this...lol

First, huge props to @Deanzor for jumping in and answering questions - on vacation no less. Looking forward to what else he has to share. :)

I read the 3D comment as "our focus is on getting all of the possible core content that we can in, balanced, and tested first". I mean, that SHOULD be the focus. If resources remain, who knows? :)

I also love Kid Icarus - ever since about a hundred playthroughs back in the NES days.

Nike, it's August. 2016 is in 5 months (still a long time but not a year :p )

My kids have demanded a pikachu pet since they found out about this...lol
:D Awesome idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom