tModLoader Dual Wielding

I think I found a bug: knockback immunity is lost whenever right click (instead of simultanously using two items) even with balance setting off.
Yeah this really needs to be fixed, as a melee character, being immune to knockback is my way to actually be able to hit something without being knocked away.

This doesn't work with a Rifle/Sniper scope equipped. The game prioritizes the right-click zoom of the scope over the right-click of your offhand weapon. Any way to fix this other than simply not using equipment with a zoom function?

I think i broke it

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.SetDefaults(Item item, Boolean createModItem)
at Terraria.Item.SetDefaults(Int32 Type, Boolean noMatCheck)
at DualWielding.DWMemoryItemSlot.GenerateItem()
at DualWielding.MDWInterface.FromTags(IList`1 tags)
at DualWielding.MDWPlayer.OnEnterWorld(Player player)
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.OnEnterWorld(Int32 playerIndex)
at Terraria.Player.Hooks.EnterWorld(Int32 playerIndex)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)

Oops
Any solutions? because i have no idea what this means
Just enabled it in the mods list, went in to my world, and got this error.

Last edited:
I get this when I try to use my character on my world:

Is it compatible with the Terraria Overhaul mod?
No, sadly -- not at this time.

They technically 'run' together, but most people (including myself and the creator of that mod) will encounter immediate crashes while trying to use secondary dual wielding items, among other crashes and bugs, like not being able to use items. A few have claimed they work fine together for them... somehow. But the official answer is 'no'. ;)

I get this when I try to use my character on my world:

Im getting the same problem!
Havent been able to use it since i got that error.

Is it compatible with the Terraria Overhaul mod?
Works fine for me ;)
Haven't experienced any crashes so far but after using dual-wielding for a while (w/ Terraria Overhaul) the game starts to lose frames. The fps drops to around half of the normal (when limited to 60 fps/frame skip is on). I'm unsure what's exactly causing it but that's just minor stuff, it doesn't hurt the gameplay too much

With balance setting off, shields granting knockback resistance loose that property while dual wielding. That's a bug right? That's only suposed to happen with balance setting on right?

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.SetDefaults (Terraria.Item item, System.Boolean createModItem) [0x00037] in <798cf46fb0b8482c9a9e88d8bd821dff>:0
at Terraria.Item.SetDefaults (System.Int32 Type, System.Boolean noMatCheck) [0x00684] in <798cf46fb0b8482c9a9e88d8bd821dff>:0
at DualWielding.DWMemoryItemSlot.GenerateItem () [0x00005] in <25e06e7f6f6647dd82e100393b464846>:0
at DualWielding.DWMemoryItemSlot.AssembleImageFromMemory () [0x00000] in <25e06e7f6f6647dd82e100393b464846>:0
at DualWielding.DWMemoryItemSlot.SetMemory (System.Int32 id, System.Int32 prefix) [0x0000e] in <25e06e7f6f6647dd82e100393b464846>:0
at DualWielding.MDWInterface.FromTags (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[T] tags) [0x00038] in <25e06e7f6f6647dd82e100393b464846>:0
at DualWielding.MDWPlayer.OnEnterWorld (Terraria.Player player) [0x00008] in <25e06e7f6f6647dd82e100393b464846>:0
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.OnEnterWorld (System.Int32 playerIndex) [0x0001b] in <798cf46fb0b8482c9a9e88d8bd821dff>:0
at Terraria.Player+Hooks.EnterWorld (System.Int32 playerIndex) [0x0001d] in <798cf46fb0b8482c9a9e88d8bd821dff>:0
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack (System.Object threadContext) [0x00364] in <798cf46fb0b8482c9a9e88d8bd821dff>:0
at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack (System.Object threadContext) [0x00000] in <798cf46fb0b8482c9a9e88d8bd821dff>:0

I get this when I load in my world

Hey, i dont know whats going on but occasionally a extra slot appears at the end of my hotbar, for instance when holding down shift key torches apear there or a pick axe or whatever would be used when holding shift over something. but then it disables the use of the item in the second dual weilding hotbar for some reason

Using the dual wield mod with the Spirt Mod's enchantments cause the main weapon to gain the enchantment even if it is on the secondary weapon. :p

Back
Top Bottom