tModLoader Dual Wielding

Does anyone else get this error or is it something on my end?

Attachments

• e.png
    e.png
    506.9 KB · Views: 370
Does anyone else get this error or is it something on my end?
Yeah, I get errors from this mod -- because it's very outdated at this point... outdated by about a year or more.

While it kind of still works (especially if you aren't using many other mods), its problems will continue to worsen as tMod moves on with further updates. Yoraiz0r probably won't be updating it any time soon, if ever... sadly.

Seeing as Yoraiz0r is now a developer for Terraria, it's kinda strange how this mod still hasn't been built into the game already.

Main reason I got this mod was because I've seen Thor Ragnarok idk how many times and wanted to make a Scourge character. I'm also using the custom items mod so I would be able to call one gun Des and the other Troy.

I'm playing with a large amount of mods and randomly, i started doing insane damage, even with pre-hm gear. Then it stopped and now at post-ml it started again. I thought it was Luiafk, but I contacted the author and they said that another person randomly started doing insane damage while using dual wielding.

I'm playing with a large amount of mods and randomly, i started doing insane damage, even with pre-hm gear. Then it stopped and now at post-ml it started again. I thought it was Luiafk, but I contacted the author and they said that another person randomly started doing insane damage while using dual wielding.

Dunno what mods you use, but I had a +/- similar issue (but in pre-hardmode where I did insane ammounts of damage with CRITs), it was caused by a modifier from "Even more modifiers" [the modifier was Crit multiplier or something].

I don't like that red bar on the top. I'd love an option to make it visible and exactly where the main one is at the push of a button (let's say, shift).

Is it possible to dual-wield axes, pickaxes, etc. to cut trees, break blocks, etc. faster?

Why is the damage reduction 80%? Shouldn't it be 50% damage and crit reduction to make this balanced? Maybe make it toggleable for players with a menu bar or something similar. Else the mod looks great, would love to try it if it gets more balanced around vanilla Terraria.

to those who are getting the error containing;
"
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.SetDefaults(Item item, Boolean createModItem)
"

TLDR; re-enable mods until it loads properly.

with indirect assistance from Yoraiz0r and Sumenora, this is the information/workaround that worked for me; for whatever reason, sometimes when changing and/or updating mods, the items in the memory/off-hand slots will change to something random. (this happens randomly, i don't know exactly what triggers it.) if it is a mod item that is removed from an active mod, or the mod itself is inactive/removed, that item cannot generate. you need the correct item name from the correct mod for the memory slots to load correctly, even if it is an item that you have never manually put in one of those slots. due to this, it is a good item to occasionally back up your character, particularly the tplr file, with the memory/off-hand slots empty.

thanks to Yoraiz0r for the mod, its great for farming and especially mining.

Oh boy, what are the odds dual-wielding gets implemented into vanilla? It gives value to crappy/infrequently-used items and balances Expert mode into less of a slough.

(it's also one of the few qualities that Starbound still has over Terraria)

found a bug where if the main hotbar slot is empty it makes you unable to use any secondary item set to that slot (such as having a magic mirror bound to slot 0 but not actually having an item in said slot)

Back
Top Bottom