Duck Duck Dart! (Duck Hunt in Terraria?)

I got to Wave 12 with only Musket and Sniper Scope before 10 ducks spawned a murdered me.
LOL, nice. XD Did you use any potions?

The way the spawning actually works now is all spawners start with a 20% chance to spawn a duck. With every 2 waves the number of sets of spawners triggered is increased. A set of spawns is 6-7 being triggered in a row. And there are 3 speeds for the sets. A slow, medium, and fast set. With a slow set being spawned the time between ducks being spawned is longer than the medium or fast sets. So the ducks will be spaced apart more. With a fast set being spawned the ducks all end up closer together. After each wave 2 of the 26 total spawners gets 10% added to the chance of spawning a duck. So with each new wave the chances of having more of the 6-7 triggered spawn a duck is increased. In total there is 104 increments in the system to add chances of the 26 spawners to spawn a duck. But I only plan on having a max of 100 waves. I think I might (with the new wave sequence I'm working on) make it so sets are 3-4 triggered but it will increase 1 set each wave instead of 1 every 2 waves. `:)

Reactions: Azu
LOL, nice. XD Did you use any potions?

The way the spawning actually works now is all spawners start with a 20% chance to spawn a duck. With every 2 waves the number of sets of spawners triggered is increased. A set of spawns is 6-7 being triggered in a row. And there are 3 speeds for the sets. A slow, medium, and fast set. With a slow set being spawned the time between ducks being spawned is longer than the medium or fast sets. So the ducks will be spaced apart more. With a fast set being spawned the ducks all end up closer together. After each wave 2 of the 26 total spawners gets 10% added to the chance of spawning a duck. So with each new wave the chances of having more of the 6-7 triggered spawn a duck is increased. In total there is 104 increments in the system to add chances of the 26 spawners to spawn a duck. But I only plan on having a max of 100 waves. I think I might (with the new wave sequence I'm working on) make it so sets are 3-4 triggered but it will increase 1 set each wave instead of 1 every 2 waves. `:)
I used 3, and they were all used in 10-12. :p

New character:

I got to wave 8 with a musket and dart rifle before suddenly ducks were dropping everywhere.
Second time I got to wave 10, same equipment. I got lucky due to not being swarmed earlier by loads of ducks. Luck factors the game a lot. :)
The dart rifle was pretty much useless, since you can't zoom with it in combination with the scope. Don't really have time to react when ten ducks fly into the screen and are a second away from landing.

With the Phoenix Blaster I reached wave 21, not surprisingly, since you can just blast away with it. :)
With the Tactical Shotgun I reached wave 26.

I didn't use healing potions anywhere.

New character:

I got to wave 8 with a musket and dart rifle before suddenly ducks were dropping everywhere.
Second time I got to wave 10, same equipment. I got lucky due to not being swarmed earlier by loads of ducks. Luck factors the game a lot. :)
The dart rifle was pretty much useless, since you can't zoom with it in combination with the scope. Don't really have time to react when ten ducks fly into the screen and are a second away from landing.

With the Phoenix Blaster I reached wave 21, not surprisingly, since you can just blast away with it. :)
With the Tactical Shotgun I reached wave 26.

I didn't use healing potions anywhere.
Cool. `:D I didn't try out the dart guns to see if the scope worked for them. But I don't think I will use any dart weapons in the full version because there is no endless dart belt or something. XD I was thinking about putting a flare gun in the chest just to see if anyone would be up for the challenge. `:p But they only do 2 damage and ducks have 5 HP so you would need to shoot them twice or get lucky enough for them to burn to death. And there would be flares all over the place. But you can always get other weapons and gear that are not in the chest and try them out. I'm thinking the final version will have 4 weapons in each chest.
No one has tried any bows yet?

Alright made it to Wave 30, next up normal difficulty, then hard, any ways this is a really great map, I would play this map for hours :happy:

had a blast playing it! :)

Very nice video Chippy. It actually only goes to wave 30 right now, but it will go to 100 when I get the new wave sequence setup and finished. It is very RNG based so the first few waves do have a chance to not spawn any ducks. Also really love the thumbnail for this video. `:D

Alright made it to Wave 30, next up normal difficulty, then hard, any ways this is a really great map, I would play this map for hours :happy:

I'm glad you like it. I do have more ideas for fun mini games like this, but I will need to do some testing to see how many if any of those will work out.

So if I download this..... does that make me a beta tester right away?
Well, yes and no. The game will run a bit different when I finish the new wave sequence system. It will also go up to 100 waves instead of just 30. Really this is more like the alpha.
I was thinking of maybe having a total of 4 weapons for each difficulty setting. Maybe 3 guns and 1 bow for easy, medium and hard. And other gear needs to be worked out so the game is somewhat balanced to where it's not too easy, but not completely impossible. So any feedback and suggestions are welcome.

I've shared this with a couple people. It's very well made and I enjoyed my time inside the minigame.
I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us. :)

I've shared this with a couple people. It's very well made and I enjoyed my time inside the minigame.
Well this wave sequence engine I have made could be used for many other types of games. I might try to make a zombie survival game next time I use the parts for this setup. This game was designed for only 1 player, but I think I have some ideas for how I could make a zombie survival game where you can play with 1-4 players.

I downloaded the map but the waves wouldn't advance, i was inside the game for about 5 minutes and i got no message of "Wave 1 Incoming" or anything like that. Is this a glitch or is it working as intended?
Anyways, the map looks really fun and it's a good concept. Congratulations

I downloaded the map but the waves wouldn't advance, i was inside the game for about 5 minutes and i got no message of "Wave 1 Incoming" or anything like that. Is this a glitch or is it working as intended?
Anyways, the map looks really fun and it's a good concept. Congratulations
Really? So far no one else has told me they were having problems. Did you see a message saying "GET READY! Game starting in..." Then a countdown?

Another good idea that doesn't involve murder is a ball game. With a Beach Ball.

Though, it still might induce yelling, in multiplayer.

I did and also saw a "Game start" message, but then nothing else happened.
Okay... Sounds like you are having some kind of glitch.
Go to the right where these switches are.
Capture 2016-06-30 22_10_25.png

Make sure the green and yellow lights above the green and yellow switches are off, and make sure the light on the right is green and not red above the red switch.

Also check to make sure the randomizer increaser looks like this.

Capture 2016-06-30 22_11_05.png

The ones above the green and yellow lights should all be active and the ones in the middle left of the spear traps should all be inactive.

Then check to make sure the wave sequencer looks like this.

Capture 2016-06-30 22_12_00.png

Again the ones above the green and yellow lights should all be active, and the ones next to the spear and dart traps should all be inactive.
The ones in the honey should all have the upper dart trap next to the timers blocked from shooting the wall.
If it is all the same it should be running correctly. If not it could be just be something glitched in your version of Terraria. Have you updated to version 1.3.1.1?

Back
Top Bottom