Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Sure, why not?

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I don't really care...

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Umm, no.

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
I have never really been big on suggestions made with the "OMG LAWL BEST THING EVAR AMMI RIGHT?" joke behind it... this isn't really an acception. We have had fedoras, bacon, this, it's just tiresome at this point. I don't like this idea, sorry :/

EDIT: Well, upon reading the whole thing, making something super powerful mainly because "It's just that awesome" (OMG LAWL BEST THING EVAR) isn't valid one bit. Taping things to back walls. Might be a bit humorous to some, but not a whole lot to me personally. Red added his old hat if a Guide named Andrew dies. It's simple vanity, not made super special and stuff just for the heck of it.

Last edited:
The one problem I see here is the Holy Plastic. You're crafting an item in which its sole purpose is to be crafted into a single other item. That's a thing I hated in some Minceraft mods, and I definitely don't want it in Terraria.

Praise Duct Tape Man
dtman1a.jpg

Alright, seriously. Is there any good reason to add this other than "OMG DUCT TAPE LOL!"? Think about it for a moment.

Did you even read the whole thread? He listed a lot of items that could be made from duct tape. And some do sound pretty reasonably good.

I didn't want to read the whole thing. The whole duct tape shtick got old real fast for me. I gave it a read, but everything in general seems really pointless though.

-I just don't like the idea of taping critters to back walls.
-Making blocks immune to all explosions is flat out pointless. Enemies can't make them explode, and why would you attempt to blow things up yourself if you don't want things blown up?
-Using up a Broken Hero Sword for a weapon that does 45 damage also seems pointless. Quoting the OP "Even though it isn't that good, it's still awesome to have a sword with DUCT TAPE."
-As for the ranged weapons, they don't seem horrible. As in their slowing effect. But they are way too strong. Duct Tape Bullets are as powerful as Chlorophite Bullets. And you can easily get these both Pre-Hardmode. Decently early on.
-Duct Tape wallet it just alright. I don't see any point in it though.
-Duct Tape hat? Also just alright.

Sorry if I am seeming like a complete downer here, I just don't like the ideas here. I hope these are at least legitimate criticisms and not nit-picks.

Sorry if I am seeming like a complete downer here, I just don't like the ideas here. I hope these are at least legitimate criticisms and not nit-picks.
You're not a downer, this simply is a bad idea. But I think stormconure already admitted somewhere that this is a joke suggestion, so this thread can die.
Isn't that right, stormconure, you naughty, naughty person you.o_O

You're not a downer, this simply is a bad idea. But I think stormconure already admitted somewhere that this is a joke suggestion, so this thread can die.
Isn't that right, stormconure, you naughty, naughty person you.o_O

Alright, I found he said on Page 2 it is a joke. Regardless, I just don't like the ideas. having jokes as your main pushing point for a suggestion just doesn't sit well with me. If you make a good suggestion, and maybe make a joke here or there, I guess that's alright. As long as the good suggestion comes first.

Having jokes as your main pushing point for a suggestion just doesn't sit well with me.
Same. :) Joke suggestions that seem serious enough to some people (like us) end up having said people spent way too much time and energy trying to provide feedback.
in my opinion it'd be a better idea if joke suggestions were posted in another section entirely. :)

Same. :) Joke suggestions that seem serious enough to some people (like us) end up having said people spent way too much time and energy trying to provide feedback.
in my opinion it'd be a better idea if joke suggestions were posted in another section entirely. :)
I actually agree on the joke section thing. That sounds like a great idea.

With some balancing tweaks, duct tape could be added, althrough it can have so many potential uses it may not be able to be added in a patch, but in a major update, such as 1.4

NPC quote for duct-taped item service: "You're desperate, aren't you? Next time, leave the repairs to me."
Taping NPCs to the wall temporarily results in the closure of their services. (Except for Party Girl & Demolitionist).
Duct tape can be used on arena floors! 😼 Double-jump/horseshoes/special boots can undo this effect.

Back
Top Bottom