Duke Fishon wont spawn

Short story:

I guess I am already in a relativly high stage of the game. Post Golem...

Wanted to fight this dude, heard I need to get a Truffle Worm. K. I have already like 3...

Heard you also need to use it as a bait for fishing... I never used this feature so I have no clue how it works, but whatever. I crafted a Wood Fishing Pole because in the wiki it dosnt says anything about I needing "Fishing power" or however this Fishing feature works. ALL I needed was the bait (Truffle) and start to fish in the Ocean in Hardmode. AFAIK I am doing it all right.

And yet, he NEVER spawned. I made sure to fish in the Ocean, Ocean music is playing in the background, the ONLY bait I have in the inventory is the Truffle, and for some unknow reason all that happens is that it randomly disappears after trying to fish, making me waste time and go to catch another Truffle AGAIN... its an endless cycle...

So yeah... help?

Get a better rod. You don't try to mine the best ores with a copper pickaxe, do you?

Your best option is to check with the Mechanic each day, she will sell one of the better rods of the game on one of the moon phases. If that is a bit too long for your liking, the rod you can make out of demonite or crimtane should work sometimes.

Hmm... I had the same problem before. Make sure your language is set on English. This solved the problem for me a while ago.

Also make sure you know how fishing works and that you press the left mouse button in the right moment.

I use Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole, bought from the traveling merchant, and it works ok...

OP, I wait for the second time that the thingy moves, not the first...maybe you are pulling to fast?

It's possible. Fishing mechanics use math from a bunch of different sources, using a wooden rod can work it just isn't likely at all. This means you don't need the golden fishing rod either.

ok, you need the golden fishing rod to summon him without any potions or accesories etc needed.

Get a better rod. You don't try to mine the best ores with a copper pickaxe, do you?

Your best option is to check with the Mechanic each day, she will sell one of the better rods of the game on one of the moon phases. If that is a bit too long for your liking, the rod you can make out of demonite or crimtane should work sometimes.

You need the golden fishing rod to summon him

Well, Yeah, I guess getting a better rod does make sence...but I figured out that since the wiki didnt said ANYTHING about needing Fishing power, I thought I could catch Duke with the most basic stuff...

Hmm... I had the same problem before. Make sure your language is set on English. This solved the problem for me a while ago.

Also make sure you know how fishing works and that you press the left mouse button in the right moment.

Yeah I usually play my games in English (Even thought I am spanish LOL). So that cant be the problem.

And I guess I know how fishing works? I mean it cant be so hard...

I use Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole, bought from the traveling merchant, and it works ok...

OP, I wait for the second time that the thingy moves, not the first...maybe you are pulling to fast?

Oh wait you arent supposed to pull the very first time then? Well I guess I can try that...

Thanks for the suggestions!

OK I guess the TRUE solution is.

Getting the Mechanic´s Rod because it seems a safe bet, and it is not such a grind to get, unlike the Golden one.

Will try this, thanks.

EDIT: However, I have to say I hope the wiki gives clearer instructions next time- Because the way it is worded currently, it seems like it says you can summon Duke WITHOUT FAIL when you simply fish in the ocean in Hardmode with the Truffle. It does not say ANYTHING about a Fishing power/Rod requeriment... I dunno, it would be cool if it was made clearer maybe.

Again, even the wooden fishing pole works. You don't need potions, just the truffle worm and ANY fishing pole

Here's a post from the wiki:
Duke Fishron is summoned by casting a Fishing Pole into one of the two Oceans while having a Truffle Worm in the player's inventory to use as Bait. The Truffle Worm is a rare Critter that must be caught with the Bug Net in an underground Mushroom Biome.

Summoning Duke Fishron does not require that any other bosses have been defeated beforehand, but a world must be in Hardmode in order to obtain the Truffle Worm used to summon him.
It dosen't say what kind of fishy pole you need.

Here's a post from the wiki:

It dosen't say what kind of fishy pole you need.

Yep.

Cue confusion when you do exactly THAT, and it does not work. Multiple Times.

I guess you could explain it all as "Common sense", but it still wouldt have hurt if it did have a simple disclaimer, like "This is based on chance/luck based/not guarenteed" or something like that.

Made worse by the fact that every single other boss you summon in this game, it ALWAYS 100% OF THE TIME WORKS.

It's because any rod can technically work. It's all based on the fishing skill rather than explicitly what rod you use. Fishing skill is influenced based on things like time of day, moon phase, rod, bait, certain accessories and potions, as well as the depth and width of the water you're fishing in. Basically, the more fishing skill you have, the better chance of catching rarer fish. You need so much of it to reliably land Fishron, which is why while some people are right in that wooden rod can land him, it's not really a good idea to try because you'll waste worms more often than not

Back
Top Bottom