Duke Fishron or Empress of Light

Duke Fishron or Empress of Light

• Duke Fishron

• Empress of light

• Copper shortsword

Results are only viewable after voting.
Agreed, Fishron was my favorite boss up until the release of the Empress. Her attacks and the colors just make the fight extra intense. Plus the day and night feature she has is great.

Neither, in fact. I've always enjoyed fighting plantera in cramp places. Something about that fight just makes it entertaining.
I really don’t like to fight Plantera, I personally feel underwhelmed by her. She has less health than every mech boss. Plus you can just fly in circles to beat her, I would like to see a major speed increase in Plantera. Duke though is fast and powerful with all of it attacks it makes it a super fun boss. EoL I feel like is very overwhelming as she has so many attacks it feels impossible to dodge.

I despise the Empress of Light simply because of her teleporting charge attack, which is emblematic of how she isn't a 'bullet hell' boss. Do everything right, learn the bullet patterns, move move move, aaaaand just going to teleport on your head for massive contact damage. It's an arbitrary, RNG based attack in how she can just appear next to you and it's pure luck if she does it in a way that's unavoidable or not.

Bullet hells are only acceptable gameplay when they are utterly fair. There's no RNG, you find the gaps in the overwhelming spam of garbage and it might as well all not be there.

That isn't what the Empress is. She's just yet another escalation of throwing more stuff around the screen. It's not compelling, no matter how colorfully it's dressed up, it's a chore.

Doing the daylight "don't get hit" challenge with the Empress is difficult entirely because of the massive flaws in her design....which even for the absolute best players creates an RNG luck based situation where you can do nothing wrong and still die because the computer said so.

Duke Fishron is a mechanically well designed boss. The Empress isn't.

i do recall actually if you take away all the jungle walls she'll enrage immediately regardless (and it's hilariously stupid to do this in the jungle, so pls dont do it). Note bulbs dont spawn unless their is jungle wall around. you need to remove it afterwards. Basically destroy the biome. Afterwards.

Last edited:
I despise the Empress of Light simply because of her teleporting charge attack, which is emblematic of how she isn't a 'bullet hell' boss. Do everything right, learn the bullet patterns, move move move, aaaaand just going to teleport on your head for massive contact damage. It's an arbitrary, RNG based attack in how she can just appear next to you and it's pure luck if she does it in a way that's unavoidable or not.

Bullet hells are only acceptable gameplay when they are utterly fair. There's no RNG, you find the gaps in the overwhelming spam of garbage and it might as well all not be there.

That isn't what the Empress is. She's just yet another escalation of throwing more stuff around the screen. It's not compelling, no matter how colorfully it's dressed up, it's a chore.

Doing the daylight "don't get hit" challenge with the Empress is difficult entirely because of the massive flaws in her design....which even for the absolute best players creates an RNG luck based situation where you can do nothing wrong and still die because the computer said so.

I'm glad someone finally mentioned this, as I have the same complaint. I wish the Empress just couldn't deal contact damage all together, as there are too many times when I might be flying the wrong way too quickly and accidentally touch her and just die.

I'm glad someone finally mentioned this, as I have the same complaint. I wish the Empress just couldn't deal contact damage all together, as there are too many times when I might be flying the wrong way too quickly and accidentally touch her and just die.
I feel like they shouldn’t completely remove it but I would like her some times to be a fake and if you bump into her multiple appear and if you hit the right one it would do a critical hit or something like that.

i do recall actually if you take away all the jungle walls she'll enrage immediately regardless (and it's hilariously stupid to do this in the jungle, so pls dont do it). Note bulbs dont spawn unless their is jungle wall around. you need to remove it afterwards. Basically destroy the biome. Afterwards.
It isn’t exactly an easy process to destroy the entire jungle pre-Plantera

you cant craft shroomite until plantera is defeated actually. (and in my opinion the same should be done with turtle)

you cant craft shroomite until plantera is defeated actually. (and in my opinion the same should be done with turtle)
I know but you need so much Chlorophyte just to craft the shroomite set, I don’t want to waste Chlorophyte on regular Chlorophyte stuff

Agreed, Fishron was my favorite boss up until the release of the Empress. Her attacks and the colors just make the fight extra intense. Plus the day and night feature she has is great.
Yes, yes... but we all have to agree that the Duke's music is now lame and the Empress' music is so much better.

I mostly don't agree with this but 2 things: RNG on mob spawn and that Duke is easier.
The RNG mob part I hate when facing bosses overall, but she's very, VERY punishing when you're not in the right position to dodge.

There's a pattern to dodge all of her attacks, 1st phase is easy, 2nd part is tricky due to combos, can be mitigated by dashing, teleporting or Hallowed set, possible without those but it is on a near perfect position, perfect movement which is unlikelly. But this same part is where playing multiplayer is hard because there's a ton of projectiles going on and you can be hit by those super easilly except the very one who's getting the aggro and this said player is flying and dashing everywhere.
And then there's the mobs that will get in the way especially at night, talk about losing health out of nowhere or forcing your hallowed dodge on a random mob instead of her crazy combos.

Duke Fishron has way less of that, much easier to kite and you're in the Ocean biome, which has less dangerous mobs if they ever manage to spawn.

Back
Top Bottom