Duke Fishron or Empress of Light

Duke Fishron or Empress of Light

• Duke Fishron

• Empress of light

• Copper shortsword

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like duke fishron. Great source of cash and great early HM loot, but EOL IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO COLORFUL!!! EOL's boss fight I prefer, but Duke is more challenging because of its unpredictability. Duke also has loot that will be used all through HM, while EOL you might only use for 3 or 4 boss fights, but Duke has a pirate fight theme now, and EOL has a frickin rave party as her boss music. So EOL is a more exhilarating fight, but having less useful loot (the loot is good but it has a low range of usefulness, like the terrablade) is a flaw, while Duke has a "Dodge or die" themed fight and very useful loot. But we can all conclude that they are both useful bosses with amazing battle themes.

It doesn't really matter which one is harder, because we can all agree that Duke is Dodge or die, and Empress of Light is a colorful wonderland of death.

Drops-wise, it looks like this:

Melee:
Flairon > Starlight; 1 point for Fishron

Ranged:
Tsunami = Eventide; 1 point for both

Magic:
Razorblade Typhoon > Nightglow (overall, a tough choice)
But, Stellar tune > Bubble Gun; 1 point for both

Summon:
Kaleidoscope > Tempest Staff; 1 point for the Empress

Wings:
Fishron> Empress (overall) ; 1 for Fishron

Expert drops:
Shrimpy Truffle= Soaring Insignia (no regular accessory slot used), a tie

So, 4:3, Fishron wins
But wait... Terraprisma! Worth 2 extra points)

Oh yeah his expert mode thing is harder to predict. That's what makes him really hard for me.

His last phase is actually the most predictable. He teleports behind you, then dashes. One dash, two dashes, three dashes, repeat from one. Considering his defence also drops to 0 durning this phase, it's safe to say this phase actually makes him easier if you know what you're doing.

As far as my preference towards these bosses goes - Duke all the way. Mostly because I absolutely adore the shrimpy truffle, but that doesn't mean that's the only reason I like him. I think his theme fits him very well, and it is probably my most favorite theme in the game. His entire fight is also extremely fun, and his drops are amazing - razorblade typhoon and bubble gun are really strong and fun weapons, flairon is extremely satisfying and is my favorite non-magic weapon, tempest staff is... Mediocre in power, but it is still pretty fun and tsunami is... Well, I don't really like ranger. There is also the fact you can fight him pre-mechs. He is like one of those optional bosses that is extremely hard to fight right as you are able to do so, but the rewards are more than worth it.

However, there are two things in which I would prefer the empress: 1) Lacewings are not nearly as hard and tedious to aquire as truffle worms, and 2) Nightglow is one of my most favorite weapons in the game.

Wings:
Fishron> Empress (overall) ; 1 for Fishron

I’d argue Empress’ wings are actually better. Fishron looks better with pure flight time, but with Empress you have a better vertical speed and the ability to accelarate quickly with W, which I’d argue is more useful than some flight time. Plus empress drops the infinite flight item to begin with.

Anyway, for drops, I’d say that Duke Fishron generally has the better weapons while Empress has the better utility drops. Soaring Insignia is impossible to compete with (not only is it infinite flight, but it adds so much wing speed that mounts cannot compete *and* allows you to still use dashes) and Empress Wings are stronger, but in general, Duke’s weapons are better.

As for which fight is more fun, probably Empress. Duke is incredibly fun as well, but Empress’ battle feels much more fast paced and intense, and is slightly harder while still not being as punishing for stupid screw ups not counting the daytime battle.

Overall I’d prefer Empress, although Duke is a great fight too.

Back
Top Bottom