Duke Fishron or Plantera help

Jostabeere

Terrarian
Well, I don't know how to feel about asking for help.
I am playing... For the worthy.
And it seems to be simply too hard for me. I steamrolled master mode so I seeked out a new challenge. I had an arena for Fishron, where I tanked him by teleporting in a straight line. Hearts kept me alive well enough.
But master mode heavily increases the damage of tornadoes, and one is always in my teleport path, so I die quickly.
Is there some hidden strategy to FTW Duke I could cheese to beat him?

Same goes for Plantera. I do the standard thing everyone does. Circle her in a large enough arena and shoot her. But in FTW it seems that her tentacles just start spamming me and it is really hard not to die within one hit. Is there some trick to killing all the tentacles quickly? Note, they have 3400 health each.
My setup for both is a Megashark with Chlorophyte and a Dart Pistol with Ichor.
my main issue is the stupid enraging mechanic. I need to have an arena huge enough so I can dodge the really big hitbox of her and her tentacles which spawn on her arms. But making an arena big enough, even though it is completely in the jungle, surrounded by jungle, makes her enraged for some really dumb reason. I assume not enough jungle blocks in the middle of the arena.

Last edited:
For the worthy + master is insanely difficult, and is not balanced at all. There will of course be some things that are extremely hard to get past.
That being said, I doubt You will be able to defeat Duke Fishron. As for the plantera problem, I would put a whole bunch of jungle blocks all around the arena and actuate them, so they count as the biome but you can run through them.

For the worthy + master is insanely difficult, and is not balanced at all. There will of course be some things that are extremely hard to get past.
That being said, I doubt You will be able to defeat Duke Fishron. As for the plantera problem, I would put a whole bunch of jungle blocks all around the arena and actuate them, so they count as the biome but you can run through them.
I did the actuator thing and the fight was manageable. I killed her on the first try after that. Additionally i spammed heart statue stations all over the arena.
I guess I only died to her due to the enraged state. She is relatively easy to do.
Now to the big boy, Fishron.
I try to cheese the hell out of the fight.
DOes anyone know how many seconds a tornado he spawns lasts?

I think they got nerfed but fetid baghnakhs used to be the fastest way for Plantera. Combine them with invuln items and melee speed increases and just slice and dice! Don't gimp def though. This is what was before 1.4, haven't tried it in Master Mode yet.

Vampires Knives used to work great against Duke Fishron. I gave up trying to dodge his crap and just started to go Rambo on him. And again, this was pre 1.4 expert mode.

They are worth a shot and may be good starting points. Don't know where they stand on For the Worthy.

I think they got nerfed but fetid baghnakhs used to be the fastest way for Plantera. Combine them with invuln items and melee speed increases and just slice and dice! Don't gimp def though. This is what was before 1.4, haven't tried it in Master Mode yet.

Vampires Knives used to work great against Duke Fishron. I gave up trying to dodge his crap and just started to go Rambo on him. And again, this was pre 1.4 expert mode.

They are worth a shot and may be good starting points. Don't know where they stand on For the Worthy.
Well so was I. I simply ignored the "dodge everything" on bosses which are filled to the brim with random.
I have no issues farming daylight Empress, because she is so easy with a set pattern. other bosses are RNG.
Sadly tanking the Duke is impossible on ftw. He oneshots you and the tornado from second phase also oneshots you.
I have a theory but for it I need to know how long the tornado lasts and how big it is. So I can build an arena with the perfect amount of space between the teleport routes and as many as possible so one entire run is longer than a tornado, so I never run into one.
I have no idea how to get this informations though.

I'm glad to help! :)
A battle with Duke Fishron is a basically a battle of mobility. For Plantera, it's Endurance (and mobility, sure.)

- Asphalt Blocks will greatly help you outrun Duke Fishron. I consider it ESSENTIAL for the battle.
- Lightning, Frostspark, or Terraspark boots are also a key factor in winning any battle. You can also try equipping all three at the same time for max speed.
- Ironskin, Endurance, Wrath/Rage, Heartreach, and Lifeforce potions help the battle as well as any other battle. Swiftness potion is a very handy potion for Duke Fishron. Thorns and Inferno potions are great for melee players. Ammo Reservation Potions are great for shooters. Magic power and Mana Regen potions are great for mages.
- The following furniture: Sharpening Station, Ammo box, Crystal Ball, and Bewitching Table are great for players depending on class.

And yes, I do know that this is on the 'for the worthy' seed.

I'm glad to help! :)
A battle with Duke Fishron is a basically a battle of mobility. For Plantera, it's Endurance (and mobility, sure.)

- Asphalt Blocks will greatly help you outrun Duke Fishron. I consider it ESSENTIAL for the battle.
- Lightning, Frostspark, or Terraspark boots are also a key factor in winning any battle. You can also try equipping all three at the same time for max speed.
- Ironskin, Endurance, Wrath/Rage, Heartreach, and Lifeforce potions help the battle as well as any other battle. Swiftness potion is a very handy potion for Duke Fishron. Thorns and Inferno potions are great for melee players. Ammo Reservation Potions are great for shooters. Magic power and Mana Regen potions are great for mages.
- The following furniture: Sharpening Station, Ammo box, Crystal Ball, and Bewitching Table are great for players depending on class.

And yes, I do know that this is on the 'for the worthy' seed.
Eh. I never used Asphalt and consider them more or less useless as one is not on the ground for the most time.

I did beat him by simply expanding my arena from two rows to three and a bit of fine-tuning in terms of my movement, and now have a Duke farm for for the worthy.

Eh. I never used Asphalt and consider them more or less useless as one is not on the ground for the most time.

I did beat him by simply expanding my arena from two rows to three and a bit of fine-tuning in terms of my movement, and now have a Duke farm for for the worthy.
Good for you!

Back
Top Bottom