Dungeon background wall tiles breaking on explosions (spike pits)

iby

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
When using explosives to collect dungeon spikes, specifically dinamite, on my pre-hardmode world, the background tiles on the dungeon would break. The specific type of place where this occurs is only, as far as I've noticed on the spike pits. After accidentally breaking and replacing the walls, the newly replaced walls show a visible dark greyish seam, visible on the screenshot. It's worth noting some of the area wasn't breakable, and I suspect it's due to it being further away from the underground ice biome.

My guess is that the worldgen doesn't consider the extremes of the spike traps part of the dungeon "biome" and allow the walls closest to the ice biome to be broken. This has caused some non-dungeon enemies to spawn inside the dungeon in the areas without walls, and even in areas where i've replaced the walls (unconfirmed).

20220809115112_1.jpg

P.S.:On a very unrelated note, please fix the Dark Mage's Tome, it keeps bugging while attempting to climb 1 block elevations, and when climbing irregular slopes (such as most terrain elevation in terraria) it won't allow the player to jump again by only pressing space, even affter the user has run out of hover time and is grounded, instead requiring the player to press down and then space for you to finally be able to hover/climb again.

Background walls can usually only be destroyed by blowing up blocks adjacent to open air, so maybe some bugged world gen has made some walls not appear.

Background dungeon walls can be harvested by dynamite, they only fail if the natural background walls are connected adjacently

Background walls can usually only be destroyed by blowing up blocks adjacent to open air, so maybe some bugged world gen has made some walls not appear.

Background dungeon walls can be harvested by dynamite, they only fail if the natural background walls are connected adjacently
This has happened very frequently (3 out of 5 spike rooms) while I was clearing the dungeon of spikes. I dont quite get what you mean by "Background dungeon walls can be harvested by dynamite, they only fail if the natural background walls are connected adjacently", would you explain it a little further? (I specially dont get your explanation about when they would fail and what the condition is)

From the wiki:
> Dungeon Brick Walls cannot be crafted (nor converted into Dungeon Bricks), but can be freed and collected with a Hammer or Dynamite after Skeletron has been defeated.

The walls you are placing back are player placed walls and probably intentionally do not merge with the natural ones.

Reactions: iby
If the explosion radius reaches at least one tile that does not have a natural background wall, all the tiles in the explosion radius will see their background walls removed.

And the walls you put back are "fake" dungeon walls, they only look like dungeon walls but they don't behave like dungeon walls -- as player-placed walls, they prevent enemy spawning and you will not be technically in the dungeon when in front of them. This is why they don't merge seamlessly.

The only way to repair natural walls is to use a third-party map editor like TEdit, or some TModLoader mods like All the Walls. There are no ways to do that in vanilla Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom