Mobile Dungeon Guardian, Bone Key Exploit

Drodin

Steampunker
(Terraria v1.2.8631 – iOS) It appears that the Dungeon Guardian will drop the Bone Key with non-player kills. While trying to set up a map to start my Dungeon Guardian attempts, I would occasionally get attacked by multiple guardians as I got close to the dungeon. What I suspect is happening is one guardian is killing another and dropping a Bone Key. I have collected 7 Bone Keys as I continue to pointlessly build out my map. It happens enough I could see if I can record video of it.

UNc75Zc.png

Last edited:
Welp. It may not be the multiple Dungeon Guardian theory as it was dropped here by just one DG attack.

Nxu5zDk.png

vdUnCh1.png

Yes. I really don't have to do anything but die. It may be a cross biome issue?
Interesting. I want a Bone Key, I'll have to give this a look. :) Skeletron hasn't been killed obviously, but has any other boss in this world of yours been killed?

Good question. Nope, not even an Eye of Cthulhu.
[DOUBLEPOST=1433962373,1433962311][/DOUBLEPOST]I wish I can change the title because it's really a bug, not an exploit.

It's the Turtle armor bug. Since Turtle armor reflects damage back at monsters, and the Dungeon Guardian has 9999 damage and 9999 health, it ignores the defense and instantly kills the Guardian. This bug was also in the PC version, but it was patched. The bug is affecting you due to mobile not having that update.

Ah, okay. I did a search for this in mobile, but did not see anything recent. But I assume they know about it then. Thanks!

I just loaded up a new world and did it. I waited until night time so I could kill Skeletron to retrieve the bone key. Worked on the first time!! I saw it fall after the DG killed me, so I took out Skeletron and ran down for it.

It's the Turtle armor bug. Since Turtle armor reflects damage back at monsters, and the Dungeon Guardian has 9999 damage and 9999 health, it ignores the defense and instantly kills the Guardian. This bug was also in the PC version, but it was patched. The bug is affecting you due to mobile not having that update.
Stupid me didn't even notice he was wearing Turtle Armor.

The good ole Turtle Armor glitch. Mobile is the last place it exists.

Back
Top Bottom