Biomes & Nature Dungeon needs some work. (+ Others)

Do you feel like this should happen?

• It could be cool.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't mind.

• No way hosay!

• Not in the name of Red will this happen.

• Total voters

HeyItsBlaze

Headless Horseman
Hello, I've been a Terraria player for a while now and i really feel like the dungeon needs some attention. The mobs in the dungeon are quite dangerous early on as we all know, but it isn't challenging enough, the rooms are all the same (Shelves with books and bots and candles, passages with square rooms, and spikes everywhere) I really feel like it isn't enough and because of this I find myself renovating each dungeon into something more complex and 'Dangerous' with Tedit.

I feel like it should get a few buffs and aesthetics which I will list below.

Buffs:
  • The spawn rate should be increased and the mob limit should be higher while in the dungeon.
  • There could be 'minibosses' for the pre-hard mode dungeon
  • Some more dungeon specific traps could be cool (Unique traps, not re-skinned dart traps)
  • The Rooms could be a bit more varied and unique.
  • Moar mobs!!!

Aesthetics:

• With everyworld being unique in its own way, why should the dungeon be? It's room layout is currently 'different but the same' with it not being very unique and exciting to explore.
  • The dungeon should be able to spawn in every non-corrupt/crimson biome and have unique modifications based on which biome it is in.
  • Referring back to the previous point the dungeon should have traps and mobs based on what biome it is mainly in.
  • Some more decoration and diversity could be nice too.

As you can probably tell I love natural world generation and I feel like it should have as much diversity and awesomeness that it can. I love the fact that we are getting some new mini biomes and hope the should bring more flora to the pretty plain pure biome we currently have. As a result of loving the natural generation of terraria i feel like the dungeon should have some form of interaction with its biomes and surroundings (As mentioned in aesthetics).

Thank you for reading, ~~HeyItsBlaze

The dungeon does need some work, it could really use some more trap types.
About mobs I am not sure. Considering they will swarm you with increased spawn rate and capacity, you will be too busy shooing off cursed skulls, deflecting water bolts and running away from hordes of angry bones.
Mini-bosses sound like a great idea, but they shouldn't be too hard considering you don't have the mobility in hardmode. (wings)

There is a problem with the dungeon interacting with surrounding biomes because biomes are based on amount of blocks around you, not areas.
So they will have to add 9 new types of bricks and 27 new types of background walls, which is a total of 36 new blocks for the dungeon, so there will be a total of 48 new blocks/walls just for one area, which is a lot of hard work.
I think the dungeon is ok as it is mob and interaction.

The dungeon does need some work, it could really use some more trap types.
About mobs I am not sure. Considering they will swarm you with increased spawn rate and capacity, you will be too busy shooing off cursed skulls, deflecting water bolts and running away from hordes of angry bones.
Mini-bosses sound like a great idea, but they shouldn't be too hard considering you don't have the mobility in hardmode. (wings)

There is a problem with the dungeon interacting with surrounding biomes because biomes are based on amount of blocks around you, not areas.
So they will have to add 9 new types of bricks and 27 new types of background walls, which is a total of 36 new blocks for the dungeon, so there will be a total of 48 new blocks/walls just for one area, which is a lot of hard work.
I think the dungeon is ok as it is mob and interaction.
The biome interaction would be hard especially with biomes clashing but it could be cool, or maybe just have biome specific entrances instead that reflect its surroundings. E.g: a vine ridden dungeon with natural sources overunning the entrance for a jungle.

The biome interaction would be hard especially with biomes clashing but it could be cool, or maybe just have biome specific entrances instead that reflect its surroundings. E.g: a vine ridden dungeon with natural sources overunning the entrance for a jungle.
Jungles spawn the opposite side of the map from the dungeon so that's a bad example :p
Also don't forget that except blocks there are also mobs, that will take a lot of texturing I guess.

The idea isn't bad, but I simply don't see this part working out properly.

Jungles spawn the opposite side of the map from the dungeon so that's a bad example :p
Also don't forget that except blocks there are also mobs, that will take a lot of texturing I guess.

The idea isn't bad, but I simply don't see this part working out properly.
It could always be reversed :D #ICanOnlyHope :D

I definitely agree with all my honesty. Dungeons could do with a lot more content and modifications, and this is what you have suggested. I want this to happen in the vanilla game and I really hope the dungeon will get better, these suggestions or not. I approve of this suggestion.

It could always be reversed :D #ICanOnlyHope :D
No it can't be.
The reason is because in early game version the dungeon took a high portion of the jungle, both vertically and horizontally, making the player go around the entire dungeon just to get to the other side.
Also now the jungle is essential in hardmode, and you can't just take half of it just for a dungeon which isn't really necessary.

No it can't be.
The reason is because in early game version the dungeon took a high portion of the jungle, both vertically and horizontally, making the player go around the entire dungeon just to get to the other side.
Also now the jungle is essential in hardmode, and you can't just take half of it just for a dungeon which isn't really necessary.
I can see your point with this.

While I prefer the idea proposed in the Necronomitron thread, I felt I'd say that this is also a neat idea. Biome interaction would also be pretty cool, but would ultimately complicate things a lot.

Back
Top Bottom