Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Ty for the recent update 1.4.0.5 which also contains some changes in world generation. With this crimson/corruption is less likely on top of jungle or snow biome.
However those changes made some other kind of (wrong?) world generation more likely.
The dungeon can be on top of crimson biome,
e.g. in seed
(found by Hyper)
1591907165022.png

or 1.4.2.355583725
(found by Yui-chan)

Ty for the recent update 1.4.0.5 which also contains some changes in world generation. With this crimson/corruption is less likely on top of jungle or snow biome.
However those changes made some other kind of (wrong?) world generation more likely.
The dungeon can be on top of crimson biome,
e.g. in seed
(found by Hyper)
View attachment 277907

or 1.4.2.355583725
(found by Yui-chan)
That must just have been unlucky world gen, as of all the worlds I generated this never happened(yes in 1.4.0.5)
Also for the seed there has to be specific sizes, so please clarify them.
And that is one straight dungeon you got there.

How did you come to this conclusion? From your post, it seems you've only identified this issue in two worlds.
There were some more posts of other people about this.
e.g.
(both found by Waifuwu)

That must just have been unlucky world gen, as of all the worlds I generated this never happened(yes in 1.4.0.5)
Also for the seed there has to be specific sizes, so please clarify them.
And that is one straight dungeon you got there.
Those seeds already include those information. The seed format is size.difficulty.evilType.seed.
But the entrances are enclosed by the dungeon.
I'm pretty sure they dont want such generations.

There is also some condition inside the source code which should prevent an evil biome close to the dungeon. But somehow this does not work properly. Afaik because the dungeon location can be shifted during Dungeon generation.

Same problem here (1.4.0.5)
Im also got anthil entry in desert, like it was in 1.3.5.3.
Edit: I generated about 200 worlds looking for the perfect seed for the new game, and came across several dungeons that were on the link between the end of the evil biom and the neutral.
The dungeon in the middle of the crimson generated only once.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom