Weapons & Equip Dungeon-Tiered Bow: The Crossbow

How should the Crossbow be obtained?

• Skeleton Marksmen should be added, and they should drop the Crossbow.

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • They should just be found in Locked Gold Chests like other Dungeon loot is.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Neither of the above.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
I bumped into a different Crossbow suggestion on my way over to making this thread... super weird.

Okay, so it's bugging me how every biome in pre-Hardmode has a Bow weapon besides the Dungeon. (Jungle has the Bee's Knees ever since 1.3, so that leaves the Dungeon all alone...) It would be cool to have a Repeater available before Hardmode too, hence this suggestion.

Crossbow.png

Crossbow
*Fully automatic.
Damage: 24
Use Time: 27 (2.2 uses/second)
Knockback: 2
Velocity: 8

Essentially, it's a middle-ground between the Tendon Bow and the Molten Fury, filling in a gap between tiers and making bows a more viable option in pre-HM game progression. It also adds a new "type" of weapon to pre-Hardmode to spice up variety.

There are two options as to how it can be obtained.

Option 1:
It can be a drop from a new Dungeon Enemy: The Dungeon Marksman.

Skeleton Marksman.png

Dungeon Marksman
*Follows the Shooter behavior.
Health: 100
Defense: 10
Damage: 25
Drops:
Crossbow.png
Crossbow - 1/15 (6.7%)

The post-Plantera Dungeon has shooting enemies, why not give the pre-Hardmode Dungeon a shooter as well?
(The post-Plantera Dungeon doesn't have Wheels or Flails when Pre-HM does, but that's for a different topic.)

Option 2:
It can be found in Locked Gold Chests like most other Dungeon equipment.
(There used to be an alternate sprite here, but it's been lost to the ages.)

Anyways, if you think this needs to happen, or just think Crossbows are cool, let me know! Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
(I'm surprised nobody has posted on this thread yet... Anyways.)
I think the Skeleton Marksman option is a nice idea. That way we finally have arrows flying around in the Dungeon. And I think 1/15 isn't a too small chance, so it won't be too much of a problem, as long as the Marksman spawns commonly enough.
This makes me think that maybe there should be a Jungle Bow too... Maybe I might post a suggestion about that.

This makes me think that maybe there should be a Jungle Bow too... Maybe I might post a suggestion about that.
Horray for shameless self-advertising.

JbJ4kNV.png
Hornet's Wrath
25 ranged damage
Average speed
Average knockback
Orange rarity
Crafted with 8 spores, 2 stingers, and 2 vines
Arrows shot from the bow are auto-converted to hornet stingers, which have a chance to poison your enemies

I think that Option 2 is better. I like its sprite that fits the dungeon theme, and it isn't RNG! (Woohoo!)

I really like this idea. Not too overpowered, and it isn't too weak either. Seems just right to fill the void before you go down into hell.
Full support.

Back
Top Bottom