Switch Duplicate Guide Bug + Double Wall of Flesh

pickpickles

Terrarian
I previously encountered a bug in game where I had 3 Nurses in multiplayer, however I found out that this isn't exclusive to the Nurse NPC.
Summoning the Wall of Flesh made me realize that I had two Guides in my expert world, which caused two Walls of Flesh to spawn (This didn't end well, we reached the end of the underworld). Shortly after respawning and heading over to retrieve my items, the game gave me and my friend a communication error and I was booted out of my own multiplayer world.
Is there really no in game check to remove any instances of duplicate Walls of Flesh? It took me about 40 hours to get this far only for this glitch to remove all of my character progress (happened to my friend as well).

Video of summoning: (
)

the only suggestion i have is use magi mirror or recall potion when it happens
Quoted from the wiki
Once the Wall of Flesh has spawned, all players within 1800 feet will be inflicted with the Horrified debuff. The debuff lasts until either the player or the Wall of Flesh dies. If a player dies and then returns to the battle, they will again be inflicted with the debuff. While this debuff is active, players cannot flee the battle, i.e. attempting to escape the Underworld via a Magic/Ice Mirror, Recall Potion, Teleporter, or running far ahead of the Wall and leaving, will cause the player to die instantly with the unique death message "<Player name> tried to escape."

putting that aside, it sounds like a bug.

and also sounds like mediumcore characters, which sounds like a huge pain in several ways. indeed, I was just wondering about in some thread earlier, how bad it could be for the game crashing when a mediumcore character dropped all their items...
I guess softcore just sounds the most convinient. inventory management can be a big pain even that way too...

YOU THINK I DIDNT KNOW THAT!? I have had the game for 6 years and gotten every item and read the wiki everyday

@doge22 Wouldn't they drop all their stuff there in the underworld if they try to teleport away? or would they drop it at home where they teleported back? (I actually never tried this)
If they would drop them in the underworld wither way, it doesn't really matters whether they die from WoF, or from trying to escape, they would lose their items either way (especially if the game crashed after)

so it would be at home
Alright. if that is true, then it's a better option for helping retrieving lost items.

It won't likely help the current situation though, just similar ones in the future.
Having two WoFs (or two guides) sounds like a bug though that should be fixed...

This had happened to me before on xbox, but with the truffle, although I think that the reasoning for that bug is a different one from yours with the nurse and guide.

Back
Top Bottom