Duplicating liquids

MegaMage314 🌳

Living Tree
Alright, so I've been having a hard time finding effective methods of duplicate liquids. I used to rely on this guide, but it hasn't been updated in years, and even when it wasn't outdated it still wasn't completely accurate either. So, how do you go about making more water to fill a fishing lake, or more lava to burn your enemies? What methods (both automatic and manual) do you rely on, and has anyone run tests to find out which way is the fastest?

Hold a single water bucket in your inventory; no empty buckets or additional water buckets at all. Then hold down left click on a single spot, on a single block above the area you want to fill. You place down more water than you pickup, so you generate water at a fairly impressive speed.

With a little more effort, you can produce more water faster if instead of holding down left click, you click fast with some delay inbetween. This will also allow you to produce lava and honey, which flow slower.

Hold a single water bucket in your inventory; no empty buckets or additional water buckets at all. Then hold down left click on a single spot, on a single block above the area you want to fill. You place down more water than you pickup, so you generate water at a fairly impressive speed.

With a little more effort, you can produce more water faster if instead of holding down left click, you click fast with some delay inbetween. This will also allow you to produce lava and honey, which flow slower.
Thanks! Most of this I knew already, but it's still good to have it here for people that didn't know. Which reminds me, another way I used to duplicate water was by simply setting up a few pumps to have it go from one pump to another, and then fall back on the first pump and repeat. Since liquid slowly increases in volume as it falls, this would slowly create an infinite amount of liquid on it's own. Last time I tried it though... it was painfully slow, to the point where it took hours to do what a player could in minutes...

Alright, so I've been having a hard time finding effective methods of duplicate liquids. I used to rely on this guide, but it hasn't been updated in years, and even when it wasn't outdated it still wasn't completely accurate either. So, how do you go about making more water to fill a fishing lake, or more lava to burn your enemies? What methods (both automatic and manual) do you rely on, and has anyone run tests to find out which way is the fastest?

@MegaMage314 I believe the best way to do it is an explanation provided by @HERO on Youtube.

This should teach you how to duplicate lava, and water however I do not know how to do it with Honey exactly, or any other in game Terraria Liquids.
My suggestion would be following the Youtube video but keep in mind it may be a little outdated since it was made in Terraria 1.2.X I believe.

@MegaMage314 I believe the best way to do it is an explanation provided by @HERO on Youtube.

This should teach you how to duplicate lava, and water however I do not know how to do it with Honey exactly, or any other in game Terraria Liquids.
My suggestion would be following the Youtube video but keep in mind it may be a little outdated since it was made in Terraria 1.2.X I believe.
It was actually made in Terraria 1.0.X, so it's definitely pretty outdated...

Hold a single water bucket in your inventory; no empty buckets or additional water buckets at all. Then hold down left click on a single spot, on a single block above the area you want to fill. You place down more water than you pickup, so you generate water at a fairly impressive speed..

Neat trick. I hadn't heard of that method before. I had a little trouble getting to work consistently, but after a few failures, I found it works very well when positioned like so:
Code:
██·X········███
████·Area···███
████·to be··███
████·filled·███
████········███
███████████████

X = Click Location

Neat trick. I hadn't heard of that method before. I had a little trouble getting to work consistently, but after a few failures, I found it works very well when positioned like so:

I'd rather do:

Code:
███·····X···███
███···█·█···███
███···███···███
███·········███
███·········███
███████████████

X = Click Location

That little 1x1 pond will give you a restoring point in case you miss to pick up. And the water will have two ways to fall down from.

Back
Top Bottom