tModLoader Dye Utilities Mod [Released WIP]

This is a mod that allows you to apply dyes to parts that you normally can't.
Currently, that means:
- Hair while wearing a hat
- Skin
- Default clothing

Here are two examples of what is possible with this mod:
silly.png
silly2.png

Any dye that can be equipped in the standard dye slots and uses item.dye to apply a shader is compatible.
The items in this mod are currently all crafted with 2 of any basic dye material (yellow marigold, red husk, etc) at a dye vat. Each item applies dyes
to a specific part, and these dyes come from your equipped dye slots. These dyes are not consumed or
otherwise tampered with, so feel free to apply the same dye to multiple parts.

The mod remembers which dyes were used when you exit a world. Your selected dyes will not appear
on the character select screen, but will take effect once you enter a world (this is a quirk of tModLoader).

Any suggestions are welcome!
Direct download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/28pz3r4iaqy6ho4/DyeUtils.tmod?dl=1
Mod is available on the Mod Browser. Keep in mind, however, that updates will most likely appear here first.

v1.0 - items now have proper recipes (2 of any basic dye material at dye vat)
- items now display current dye in tooltips
- small bugfix (bottom half of trench coat style wasn't getting dyed)
v0.5 - Initial release

Planned features:
- Proper recipes -Complete
- Tooltips say which dye is currently being used -Complete

Features that may not happen but are (possibly) being looked into:
- Weapon dyeing
- Non-hair versions of previously hair-exclusive dyes

Known bugs:
- Currently totally incompatible with Windows while also being totally compatible 100% with non-Windows, somehow! Seriously this is so weird and makes zero sense.
- May be incompatible with other mods that modify Main.playerDrawData

Last edited:
How do i use this? im on windows, i have midnight rainbow dye selected but i don't know how to use it and make my hair a different color....
now i cant even select a dye

How do i use this? im on windows, i have midnight rainbow dye selected but i don't know how to use it and make my hair a different color....
now i cant even select a dye
If you read the OP, you would know that I have "currently totally incompatible with Windows" in the Known Bugs section. Read before you post.

If you have access to a non-Windows machine (OSX or Linux) then you can try out this mod. The "Dye to Hair Transfer" item will only work if you are wearing a hat that shows your hair and is not the Familiar Wig.

Back
Top Bottom