Game Mechanics Dying while running down a hill?

Rime

Terrarian
I've had the misfortune of having a few characters die while running down a hill or a long staircase. While I understand that the game sees the physics and executes it, it seems pretty unfair to have made myself a legitimate Blade of Grass and a Thorn Chakram with a hardcore character just to die by running down a hill I've gone down several times before or the tunnel I've created to reach the underworld.

Would it be too much to ask to have someone look into this so I don't have to throw away my Hermes boots?

Double jump/rocket blast/grapple the ground before you hit it. Or use horseshoe stuff.

Also

Don't play hardcore.

I don't mind playing hardcore, I actually get a bit more enjoyment out of the game and I'm not as sloppy a player in other modes. I just found it a bit unfair that I'm capable of making a Blade of Grass without dying and then having my character die more suddenly than facing a Dungeon Guardian.

Thanks for the suggestions, though, would a parasol also work to prevent this?

I don't mind playing hardcore, I actually get a bit more enjoyment out of the game and I'm not as sloppy a player in other modes. I just found it a bit unfair that I'm capable of making a Blade of Grass without dying and then having my character die more suddenly than facing a Dungeon Guardian.

Thanks for the suggestions, though, would a parasol also work to prevent this?
Yes, I forgot about those.

I just play softcore and try not to die. If you don't die in softcore, it's the same as not dying in hardcore.

I get what you're saying, there's no difference in difficulty, just the toll for a fatality. But I find my experiences in Hardcore make me a sharper player in the other game modes, and I get more enjoyment out of the game when I stake so much. It's just the matter that I've died more than once from rather silly circumstances which is why I'm posting.

And just to be sure, I'm not looking down my nose at you because you play softcore, I just have more fun because I learn to be a better player in a shorter amount of time. I just wish my character's death was a bit more "heroic."

And I also have two mediumcore characters because I have yet to do any boss fights. ;)

Back
Top Bottom