tModLoader Dynamic Invasions

I have the same problem, and also, i noticed in the config files "AutoInvasions"
What does this do? does it pick a random invasion from the ones ive already summoned? or does it pick a random list of enemies? if its the latter, id imagine there would be problems with mod creatures that need certain conditions or a biome to spawn.

Edit: 2 Suggestions
"Stickers" Which would allow you to select the image of the invasion that shows up on the corner, could pick from an item in the player inventory.
"Renamer" Allows you to customize the name of the invasion.
Autoinvasions is a placeholder for something I wanted to eventually add. I'm too busy to add it right now, though (on account of my Adventure Mode, which is nearing beta). PRs welcome, though. Just saying.

Update:
v0.9.4.2
  • Fixed crafting recipe not accepting multiple banner types

Attachments

• DynamicInvasions v0.9.4.2.zip
    91.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
i have a suggestion if y'all would like to hear it, i think there should be an option in crafting to make it spawn only under certain broad conditions, such as if you want a corruption based one or hell based invasion, you set it to only occur at times when the player is in the respective biome, or for the zombie swarm, only let it occur at night. Also if you ever add mid-bosses and bosses for the invasions it should run a command to set it to the right time of day so you don't get instagibbed in expert mode by skeletron becoming the dungeon guardian. And lastly i hope you can eventually get it to where it uses some well-known mods music boxes for the invasion themes, i was a bit disappointed to find out i couldn't use the calamity abyss theme for my mass corruption invasion type. it'd also be cool if you could invoke a spawnless version of the solar eclipse for cool factor but that's not exactly a deal-breaker if that doesn't even get considered.

Sorry if im making too many suggestions, i just think this mod could be amazing if given the time. and one that could be unreplaceable in my playthroughs just for the customizability and cool factor of it.

So i have run into an issue, whenever i try to start an invasion based on hard mode enemies when im not in hard mode it instantly crashes my game when the invasion actually starts.

also im not sure if this is intentional or not but when i make a different dimensional aggregator it includes the invasion from all my previous aggregators, meaning, when i made an invasion of all mother slimes, then tried to make a different invasion full of only zombies, it included both invasions in the zombie one and its pretty frustrating.

So i have run into an issue, whenever i try to start an invasion based on hard mode enemies when im not in hard mode it instantly crashes my game when the invasion actually starts.
Send me your client.log file.
also im not sure if this is intentional or not but when i make a different dimensional aggregator it includes the invasion from all my previous aggregators, meaning, when i made an invasion of all mother slimes, then tried to make a different invasion full of only zombies, it included both invasions in the zombie one and its pretty frustrating.
Thanks for telling me. I can fix that easily.

heres the client.log, and yes i already know about a few of those errors, i think they may be from when i try to load worlds in and sometimes it errors

Attachments

• client.log
    178.2 KB · Views: 95
heres the client.log, and yes i already know about a few of those errors, i think they may be from when i try to load worlds in and sometimes it errors
Frickin AAmod...

What hardmode enemies are you trying to summon for your pre-hardmode invasion? I know there's lots of enemies that don't work outright during invasions, or else have issues. Enemies that crash should probably be patched, though.

i tried hell armored bones which im not exactly sure is a mod or not, and i tried enchanted swords, from the hallowed underground

Ill go do it again and let you know
ooookay... so the enchanted swords worked just fine now, also id like to report that 5 enchanted sword banners with a high spawnrate in an invasion is mass chaos, but the hell armored bones did crash my game and this is the error
1575772606931.png

ooookay... so the enchanted swords worked just fine now, also id like to report that 5 enchanted sword banners with a high spawnrate in an invasion is mass chaos, but the hell armored bones did crash my game and this is the error
im happy to say that after getting the update to clear the old invasions it seems the hell bones are working now too

at some point if this shows up again, i will make a list of ones that crash me.

View attachment 230940
This error occurs rarely for me, but you seem to be getting it often? If only I could replicate it...

Back
Top Bottom