• I like them all!

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Meh...

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I hate them all!

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I liked the Clay Armor.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I disliked the Clay Armor and will say why in a comment.

• I liked the early throwing weapons.

• I disliked the early throwing weapons and will say why in a comment.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I liked the Cactus Armor changes.

• I disliked the Cactus Armor changes and will say why in a comment.

• I liked the Gladiator Armor changes.

• I disliked the Gladiator Armor changes and will say why in a comment.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I liked the Starry Wand.

• I disliked the Starry Wand and will say why in a comment.

• I liked the Rock Staff.

• I disliked the Rock Staff and will say why in a comment.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I liked the Earth Armor.

• I disliked the Earth Armor and will say why in a comment.

• I liked the Frozen Armor.

• I disliked the Frozen Armor and will say why in a comment.

• Total voters
I just am a fan of magic guns and it's quite an underestimated tier! Yes, with placeable weapons I mean like the canon, and yes, I know there exists a snowball canon, but it's such a pain to get! And how awesome would it be to use lasers early on?! By the Way: congratulations with a third page on your thread!

Hi! I have made a new sprite:

Rock Staff
Rock Staff.png

Summons a rock spirit [w/ deadly sphere minion AI.] 4 damage. Crafted with 25 stone and 10 wood @ Living Loom.

I have a request, could you make the rock staffs' summon this thing:
Boulder_(placed).png
(A.K.A: The Good Old Boulder)?

And here's the last unsprited throwing weapons sprite:

Ice Knives
Ice Throwing Knife.png

6 throwing damage, pierces twice, 33/2
index.php
@
index.php

Final throwing weapon, balance between previous two. Req. 2 ice instead of one because it's so common.

I'm sorry for the hugeness, I just felt like making something big.

By the way, if you want to use this sprite for your mod, be sure to crop off the last 2 columns of empty pixels on the right.

Last edited:
Comparison: Bone Throwing Knife VS Normal Throwing Knife VS Frost Daggerfish VS Ice Knife

Explenation:
Teal = Suggested
Dark Red = Vanilla

Height:
Bone_Throwing_Knife.png
VS
Throwing_Knife-1.png
VS
Frost Daggerfish (45 degrees rotated).png
VS
Ice Throwing Knife.png

Bone Throwing Knife
and Normal Throwing Knife have about the same height.

Frost Daggerfish is twice as big as Bone Throwing Knife and Normal Throwing Knife.

Ice Knife
is twice as big as Frost Daggerfish.

Ice Knife
is thrice as big as Bone Throwing Knife and Normal Throwing Knife.

Conclusion: it would be fair if the Ice Knives costed 3
index.php
[/URL] in stead of 2
index.php
[/URL], because it is thrice as big as a Bone Throwing Knife or a Normal Throwing Knife.

Same goes for the width.

The size is a huge advantage over the other three, though it lacks damage.

What do you think?

Last edited:
And... Next sprite!:

Grenade Gun
Grenade Gun.png

20 Ranged Damage, 40 use time (1.5 shots per second, 90 shots per minute), auto-use.
Drops from Skeletron (10%) (25% on Expert)
Uses grenades as ammo
Grenades bounce once and are affected by gravity
There is no upward velocity if aiming straight ahead, so you must aim up to hit enemies not close

Gee Mr. Awesomperson, isn't this massively underpowered? I mean, it only has 30 DPS!

No, it has 120. The grenades do 60 additional damage, for a total of 80. Times 1.5 is 120 DPS.

Isn't that OP?

See the abysmal 40 use time. It's great for crowd control and helps in the dungeon to get necro armor (especially if you're wearing shark armor; it does 109 damage per shot with it equiped! Although its shots per minute do get lowered to 72, it doesn't matter when you one-shot weak enemies!)

And yes, I know I should have done it earlier, but I didn't liked the old design, and lacked ideas, so sorry for that...

And as it is a Skeletron drop, it has Skeletron drop colors [I.E: Bone Brown and Bone Purple], like the bone sword and pickaxe.

I will test my armor qualities in the next few days...

Comparison: Bone Throwing Knife VS Normal Throwing Knife VS Frost Daggerfish VS Ice Knife

Explenation:
Teal = Suggested
Dark Red = Vanilla

Height:
View attachment 183926 VS View attachment 183925 VS View attachment 183931 VS View attachment 183942

Bone Throwing Knife
and Normal Throwing Knife have about the same height.

Frost Daggerfish is twice as big as Bone Throwing Knife and Normal Throwing Knife.

Ice Knife
is twice as big as Frost Daggerfish.

Ice Knife
is thrice as big as Bone Throwing Knife and Normal Throwing Knife.

Conclusion: it would be fair if the Ice Knives costed 3
index.php
[/URL] in stead of 2
index.php
[/URL], because it is thrice as big as a Bone Throwing Knife or a Normal Throwing Knife.

Same goes for the width.

The size is a huge advantage over the other three, though it lacks damage.

What do you think?
Eh, that's the one sprite I'm not sure about. It's too big. Also, about the twice and thrice thing: if a is the Throwing Knives, b is the Daggerfish and c is the Ice Knife, then if what you say the first 3 height comparisons is true, it would go as follows:

b = 2a
c =
2b
c
= (2*2)a
c
= 4a
however you said c = 3a, which is false.

Also, thanks for making these ridiculously cool sprites. I'm honored you like my ideas so much :)

Last edited:
Eh, that's the one sprite I'm not sure about. It's too big. Also, about the twice and thrice thing: if a is the Throwing Knives, b is the Daggerfish and c is the Ice Knife, then if what you say the first 3 height comparisons is true, it would go as follows:

b = 2a
c =
2b
c
= (2*2)a
c
= 4a
however you said c = 4a, which is false.

Also, thanks for making these ridiculously cool sprites. I'm honored you like my ideas so much :)

Yes, I just love the idea! I wish you could also make a thread like this for early hardmode new gear, because it's also a pain to jump into hardmode, as allmost all your P-HM gear is nearly useless. I would support you in doing that, and I think a lot of people will support it too! It's just a good idea, which most people would like love.:)

Yes, I just love the idea! I wish you could also make a thread like this for early hardmode new gear, because it's also a pain to jump into hardmode, as allmost all your P-HM gear is nearly useless. I would support you in doing that, and I think a lot of people will support it too! It's just a good idea, which most people would like love.:)

Yep, you'd definatly get my support! In fact if i get any free time i might make that thread myself :p

Yep, you'd definatly get my support! In fact if i get any free time i might make that thread myself :p

Ok, I would support that! By the way, do you like the idea of a copper shortsword mod: You can upgrade the copper shortsword each time a (major) goal has been achieved with the material that drops from that goal, and you will finally be able to say to your friends: 'I defeated the MoonLord with a copper shortsword!'. LOL!:p
I have got nearly 60 sprites done already!

By The Way: I was so happy that I saw 3 positive posts reacting to me when I came home after school! Thank you guys! You are so awesome!:)

Last edited:
Ok, I would support that! By the way, do you like the idea of a copper shortsword mod: You can upgrade the copper shortsword each time a (major) goal has been achieved with the material that drops from that goal, and you will finally be able to say to your friends: 'I defeated the MoonLord with a copper shortsword!'. LOL!:p
I have got nearly 60 sprites done already!

By The Way: I was so happy that I saw 3 positive posts reacting to me when I came home after school! Thank you guys! You are so awesome!:)

That sounds stupid... stupidly awesome! I'll keep my eyes peeled for sure!

Using the Living Loom for the "early" wand is pretty out there,,, not every world has a surface Living Tree, and you need to delve into the jungle for the deep ones -- I don't have an LL in my game yet, and I explored much of the Jungle before I went into Hardmode.

ETA: In fact, I've since learned it's worse than I thought: The Living Loom generates only in the surface Living Trees, not the underground Ivy Chests. If you don't have a Living Tree, forget it.

Last edited:
Using the Living Loom for the "early" wand is pretty out there,,, not every world has a surface Living Tree, and you need to delve into the jungle for the deep ones -- I don't have an LL in my game yet, and I explored much of the Jungle before I went into Hardmode.

Yes I agree with you, I couldn't find it in any of the 3 living trees in my world, so I had made about 7 other worlds for 2 living looms. Could you nerf that and make it a workbench or some kind of new workbench that is exclusive to this suggestion? It would be apreciated.

Here are the sprites for all the boots/leggings/greaves/pants:

Clay isn't being used for much other than building, and it's heavy, thick and is hard when heated, so how about:

Clay Armor
Mask: +3 defense, -7% movement speed,
index.php
x20 and
index.php
x5 @
index.php

Chestplate: +5 defense, -13% movement speed, +7% melee damage,
index.php
x35 and
index.php
x10 @
index.php

Clay Boots.png Boots: +4 defense, -10% movement speed, +4% melee crit chance,
index.php
x25 and
index.php
x7 @
index.php

Set Bonus: Enemies are more likely to target you

Total: +12 defense, -30% movement speed, +7% melee damage, +4% melee crit chance, enemies are more likely to target you,
index.php
x80 and
index.php
x22 @
index.php

This should help melee players a bit, and tanks a lot on a multiplayer server.

Shark Armor

Shark armor is a shark-based set that focuses on high-damage, high-velocity shots. This is well paired with shark-tooth necklace (because you need all the armor pen you can get!) and a book of ichor if used in HM (0 defense on most HM mobs!)

Shark Cap
3 defense, +18% ranged damage and crit chance, -6% ranged speed,
index.php
x5 and
index.php
x10 @
index.php

Shark Cape
5 defense, +20% ranged damage and crit chance, -10% ranged speed, +5 armor penetration,
index.php
x10 and
index.php
x20 @
index.php

Shark Pants.png Shark Pants

3 defense, +10% ranged crit chance, -4% ranged speed, +5 armor penetration,
index.php
x8 and
index.php
x16 @
index.php

Set Bonus: Critical hits ignore 33% of armor, enemies are less likely to target you, +20% velocity
Total: +38% ranged damage, +40% ranged crit chance, -20% ranged speed, +10 armor penetration, critical hits ignore 33% of armor, +20% velocity.

Wasp Armor

This is an idea that I have written down in a doc but never actually wrote stats for. I think it will make pre-HM jungle even more substantial and make Queen Bee even more important to beat. Also, this will be the 3rd ranged armor pre-HM (and I want my favorite class to have something other then necro and shark). It's the polar opposite of Shark armor; it's late-pre-HM (instead of early-ish middle), it adds spread and fire rate but doesn't increase ranged damage (versus the shark armor being low-speed high damage shots), and it's in the jungle (instead of the ocean).

Wasp Mask
4 defense, +7% ranged speed and spread, +6% ranged crit chance,
index.php
x6 and
index.php
x4 @
index.php

Wasp Stingmail
6 defense, +11% ranged speed and ranged spread, getting hit deals 15% of damage taken back,
index.php
x10 and
index.php
x8 @
index.php

Wasp Pants.png Wasp Pants
5 defense, +8% ranged and movement speed and spread,
index.php
x8 and
index.php
x6 @
index.php

Set Bonus: Ranged attacks have a 6.666% chance to inflict Venom
Total: +26% ranged speed and spread, +8% movement spread, getting hit deals 15% of damage taken back, Ranged attacks have a 6.666% chance to inflict Venom

Earth Armor

Helmet: +1 defense, +12% minion damage,
index.php
x15 and
index.php
x15 @
Chestplate: +2 defense, +1 max minions,
index.php
x25 and
index.php
x25 @
Earth Boots.pngBoots: +1 defense, +8% movement speed, +4% minion size,
index.php
x20 and
index.php
x20 @

Set Bonus: Summons an earth spirit similar to chlorophyte set bonus. 9 summon damage.

Total: +4 defense, +1 max minions, +12% minion damage, +8% movement speed, +4% minion size, Earth Spirit,
index.php
x60 and
index.php
x60 @
index.php

And, something for the now-underpowered Ice Biome:

Frozen Armor

Helmet: +3 defense, +1 max minions, +4% minion range,
index.php
x10 and
index.php
x20 @
index.php

Breastplate: +5 defense, +1 max minions, +13% minion damage,
index.php
x20 and
index.php
x40 @
index.php

Frozen Leggings.png Leggings: +3 defense, +8% movement speed, +4% minion range,
index.php
x16 and
index.php
x32 @
index.php

Set bonus: Summoning weapons have a 33% chance to inflict the chilled debuff, +1 max minions

Total: +11 defense, +3 minion count, +13% minion damage, +8% minion range, +8% movement speed, summoning weapons have a 33% chance to inflict chilled,
index.php
x46 and
index.php
x92 @
index.php

Huh. I usually find a living tree quite easily, and it always has a loom.

Back
Top Bottom