Weapons & Equip Early-game Magic Weapons [sprites]

I had a thread basically identical to this one. (The star stick anyway), the only difference is how it worked.
I'll see if i can find the link.

damaging cloud of stardust similar to purification/vile powder
Hmm~

I was going to suggest something like this myself for a starter magic weapon. I must admit, something different with short range suits the earliest magic weapon more than just the exact same projectile as Gem Staves, but with weaker stats.

I'm all for early magic weapons! Anything that lets you gain access to whatever class you want early is a good idea to me!

Really good idea! Normally,you don't really start magic until after killing Skeletron.

EDIT:Well,there are the Gem Staves,but they are sorta mid-prehardmode.

Really good idea! Normally,you don't really start magic until after killing Skeletron.
I don't know what you're going on about

Amethyst_Staff.png
Topaz_Staff.png
Sapphire_Staff.png
Emerald_Staff.png
Ruby_Staff.png
Diamond_Staff.png
Vilethorn.png
Crimson_Rod.png
Space_Gun.png
Bee_Gun.png

Heck, my first EOC kill was with an emerald staff.

Oh yeah, love this. Especially that little bonus for the wand!

I've gotten a diamond staff before getting a single piece of armour, so no, they are very early game weapons. Immedietly available in fact.

I think it can kind of vary for Gem Staves. You can either get really lucky and find them very early on, or or slightly unlucky and get them Mid-Pre-hardmode.

I've gotten a diamond staff before getting a single piece of armour, so no, they are very early game weapons. Immedietly available in fact.
Someone is trying to be a one-upper :p But yeah, I agree. I usually have an emerald/diamond staff when fighting the EoC.

By the way.... I love these ideas!!!! FULL SUPPORT.
Maybe for the second weapon it would create an exploing star or some flowers where you click? Something a bit different than the normal projectile thingy.

lBy the way.... I love these ideas!!!! FULL SUPPORT.
Maybe for the second weapon it would create an exploing star or some flowers where you click? Something a bit different than the normal projectile thingy.
Thanks! That's an interesting idea, but If it let's you damage enemies anywhere on the screen then it might be too powerful for early in the game.

True. I'm thinking of alternatives, but most end up in projectiles.. Unless there's some way to detect if you're surrounded. Like if there's no clear spot to get to the monster or vice/versa, then it couldn't hit them.

That, or the wand would make a bunny appear and it would jump towards the mouse cursor, disappearing after such a distance in the air, when it hits an enemy or reaches the destination.

True. I'm thinking of alternatives, but most end up in projectiles.. Unless there's some way to detect if you're surrounded. Like if there's no clear spot to get to the monster or vice/versa, then it couldn't hit them.

That, or the wand would make a bunny appear and it would jump towards the mouse cursor, disappearing after such a distance in the air, when it hits an enemy or reaches the destination.
I think it might be best to keep early game stuff simple anyway, it's easier for new players to understand and it gives a sense of increasing complexity as you progress farther in the game.

I think it might be best to keep early game stuff simple anyway, it's easier for new players to understand and it gives a sense of increasing complexity as you progress farther in the game.
Ahh, true. Jus tthe idea of the magic wand with bunnies sounds awesome XD Maybe then, just one star that bounces instead of a three round burst? Like how the fire flower works.

Ahh, true. Jus tthe idea of the magic wand with bunnies sounds awesome XD Maybe then, just one star that bounces instead of a three round burst? Like how the fire flower works.
Maybe... but I like the idea of a weapon that has high speed and low damage to separate it from the gem staves, and I took away it's ability to bounce because it would have been too versatile.

Yeah, but with one projectile that doesn't move as fast, it wouldn't be as overpowered or anything.

@MegaMage314
I'm reading your suggestions, and damn, i loved most of them ^^
And this one is actually perfect because when i did a mage challenge with my cousin, he was doing ranger challenge.
He did his first weapon easly, wood and caboom, bow =.=
I took looong time without attack! I couldn't find gems enough to create a magic staff, i only could attack when i luckily found a water bolt in the surface of the dungeon.
That would be very helpful indeed~

Back
Top Bottom