Early game masterpieces

This will be easy! I have every block to my disposal, even blocks that do not exist...WITH THE POWER OF TEXTURE PACKS!!!
...That is if they are allowed...

I did create this pillar using custom textures for texture pack I am working on (yes, I am working on two texture packs)
I edited out the background, but I hope this still counts. I had to go underground and find some sapphire.
Pillar.png

WOW, I don't even know what some of that stuff is. What's the thing next to the crimtane bars above the cauldron?
i believe it's a flesh candelabra turned off. it's kind of difficult because a good portion of this stuff is made from flesh blocks, which is a hardmode material I believe...

Yeah, there's quite a bit in that shot that would have to be replaced. All the flesh stuff, dungeon bricks, the cauldron, the cleaver. Probably the lamps too, getting 4 from the top part of the dungeon seems a bit unlikely.

frankly the hardest part for me is replicating the build so I can demo the changes. if it's a matter of just ideas on what to replace with what, the flesh blocks can just be crimtane (crimtane blocks can be obtained as soon as you have bombs) or red painted coral/starfish/shells. same for the bars on the shelf, and I found that black painted pumpkin lanterns (pumpkins generate naturally if you set your PC's clock to the right date) to black it kind of gives a similar effect to the lanterns used here. instead of a flesh cloning vat you can use an extractinator, and you can use a falcon blade in the item frame (though this early in the game you'd be more likely to just use it.) I believe stone slabs will work to reblace the bricks (I don't know if they need to be blue for any reason other than to match the picture more closely, but you could try painting them blue. I'm not sure how blue they'll end up though). dungeon spikes replaced with chain, Crimson chest replaced with... basically any chest painted red.

I don't mind if people cheat to build example, so long as the materials are reasonably obtainable early on without world-hopping .

frankly the hardest part for me is replicating the build so I can demo the changes. if it's a matter of just ideas on what to replace with what, the flesh blocks can just be crimtane (crimtane blocks can be obtained as soon as you have bombs) or red painted coral/starfish/shells. same for the bars on the shelf, and I found that black painted pumpkin lanterns (pumpkins generate naturally if you set your PC's clock to the right date) to black it kind of gives a similar effect to the lanterns used here. instead of a flesh cloning vat you can use an extractinator, and you can use a falcon blade in the item frame (though this early in the game you'd be more likely to just use it.) I believe stone slabs will work to reblace the bricks (I don't know if they need to be blue for any reason other than to match the picture more closely, but you could try painting them blue. I'm not sure how blue they'll end up though). dungeon spikes replaced with chain, Crimson chest replaced with... basically any chest painted red.

I don't mean an exact replication so much as something similar/ inspired by. The mushrooms and bloodroots are brilliant IMO, and I love overall how they used the space.

Capture 2016-07-30 00_12_20.png

I tried to keep it the same where I could. only boss you need to beat is king slime, and you don't even really need to do that, since you can just have an extractinator instead of the solidifier. let me know if you want to know what material was used for something.

I literally just noticed the chest is off by one block in this from where it is in the original, but whatever....

View attachment 130750

I tried to keep it the same where I could. only boss you need to beat is king slime, and you don't even really need to do that, since you can just have an extractinator instead of the solidifier. let me know if you want to know what material was used for something.

I literally just noticed the chest is off by one block in this from where it is in the original, but whatever....
Cool! What is that to the right of the chest?

The solidifier seems out of place to me, I actually thing an Extractinator would be a better fit. Why so heavy on the ocean stuff?

Cool! What is that to the right of the chest?

The solidifier seems out of place to me, I actually thing an Extractinator would be a better fit. Why so heavy on the ocean stuff?
it's a bar that I painted grey with a couple slime blocks that I painted red and flattened with a hammer. it's basically just there as a replacement for the flesh bathtub.

I think you're probably right about the Extractinator, and the ocean stuff is just there for little details, since I can't use flesh blocks, or the flesh candelabra, and didn't think crimtane bars were quite early game enough. (I guess you could make the argument that you can get them as soon as you get bombs, or the reaver shark, but the ore isn't super common.)

it's a bar that I painted grey with a couple slime blocks that I painted red and flattened with a hammer. it's basically just there as a replacement for the flesh bathtub.

I think you're probably right about the Extractinator, and the ocean stuff is just there for little details, since I can't use flesh blocks, or the flesh candelabra, and didn't think crimtane bars were quite early game enough. (I guess you could make the argument that you can get them as soon as you get bombs, or the reaver shark, but the ore isn't super common.)
Yeah, crimtane is a bit too rare for this thread. Crimstone bricks could work, though.

Edit: Never mind, don't play with crimson much and didn't realize that's what flesh blocks are

Most of what's used in that design is obtainable before any boss fight, so just replace the forge with a furnace and the crimson chest with a standard one. Maybe a painted ice machine or dye vat could replace the flesh cloning vat.

I wasn't sure if the safe was an item I was allowed to use, but I'm sure everything else is! I suppose it's a little underwhelming compared to that outrageous looking kitchen!

Attachments

• Capture 2016-08-01 00_13_20.png
    Capture 2016-08-01 00_13_20.png
    362.7 KB · Views: 446
I wasn't sure if the safe was an item I was allowed to use, but I'm sure everything else is! I suppose it's a little underwhelming compared to that outrageous looking kitchen!
The kitchen was derivative. If that library is all your design, I am very impressed :)

(The safe is indeed outside the guidelines, but this isn't a strict contest, it's a collaboration to create a resource for early game builds. It would be better if you edited your post with a version sans safe but you made a note of it, it isn't integral, that's good enough for me if that's too much trouble.)

The kitchen was derivative. If that library is all your design, I am very impressed :)

(The safe is indeed outside the guidelines, but this isn't a strict contest, it's a collaboration to create a resource for early game builds. It would be better if you edited your post with a version sans safe but you made a note of it, it isn't integral, that's good enough for me if that's too much trouble.)
Thanks!

I did edit it to fit the guidelines accordingly! And it is all my design! I actually made the whole thing for my shop that I'm opening up (trying not to advertise), I just decided to put it in here because I thought this idea of early game builds was really cool!

Attachments

• Capture 2016-08-01 01_05_58.png
    Capture 2016-08-01 01_05_58.png
    365.4 KB · Views: 289
you have a few deeper dungeon pieces in there I think... most of the paintings are from the dungeon, and so is the dungeon door. there's also one painting from hell I think, but they're hardly integral pieces of the houses design, and the hell painting doesn't technically require a boss fight.

good build otherwise, nice simple early-game aesthetics with a lot of good details. :)

Back
Top Bottom