Weapons & Equip Early Hardmode Hammers and Jackhammers

Is this a good idea?

• The hammers as described are a good idea only.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • The jackhammers as described are a good idea only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both are a good idea.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Neither are a good idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Terra Magicio

Wall of Flesh
I guess my suggestion is somewhat self-explanatory, but I would like to suggest that:

-Firstly, the addition of craftable hammers from all the Hardmode mined ores (Cobalt, Mythril, Adamantite, Paladium Oricalchum, Titanium).

-Secondly, the ability to craft Jackhammers from all the Hardmode mined ores in the same manner that there exists a Chlorophyte Jackhammer in conjunction with the fact that these metals already have mechanical tools for both the axe (chainsaws) and pickaxe (drills) functions.

With these two things in mind, the idea is that the hammers should have a shorter range and faster speed while the jackhammers should have a longer range and slower speed, similarly to how both the pickaxes/drills and axes/chainsaws are balanced currently.

Look at these:
Titanium_Waraxe.png

Adamantite_Waraxe.png

These are axes. And my god, do they look like hammers. If you've ever had one of these, you will mistake them for hammers at least 5 times before you upgrade to chloropyte. So that's why I think they should be hamaxes. A nice reward for cooking up something with such a valuable ore.

I agree with TheWorfer27 here. I think there's already too many items crafted from each of the hardmode bars, but on the other hand, four of them are redundant with each other - the axes and chainsaws and then the pickaxes and drills. I'd rather see that spread morphed into multitools - pickaxe to pickaxe axes, drills to pickaxe hammers, and perhaps chainsaws to axe hammers somehow, leaving the axes as pure weapons (with an axe function.) I suppose you could more easily make the axes into hamaxes, but the hammers make the most sense of the lot to actually be weapons.

Look at these:
Titanium_Waraxe.png

Adamantite_Waraxe.png

These are axes. And my god, do they look like hammers. If you've ever had one of these, you will mistake them for hammers at least 5 times before you upgrade to chloropyte. So that's why I think they should be hamaxes. A nice reward for cooking up something with such a valuable ore.
My problem with this is hamaxes ALWAYS have a flat side to indicate that they are hamaxes and these don't

I think the reason there aren't early hardmode ore hammers is beacuse you get the pwnhammer after killing WoF. The pwnhammer's palette looks exactly like that of hallowed equipment, which is supposed to be the tier right after early hardmode ores.

Back
Top Bottom