Wavebank Earthbound Custom Wavebank

Relinies

Terrarian
Earthbound is one of my most favorite games of all time. It's a true masterpiece, and is home to some of my favorite musical tracks of all time.
At some point, I was wondering to myself what Terraria would be like with Earthbound's soundtrack. A game I've sunk so much time into, with my favorite videogame music? Yes, please.
Well, I looked around and couldn't find one already made. So I made one myself. And most of it is spectacularly fitting, because even the songs that don't quite line up with their event's theme are still close to the mark.

Here's the lineup.
1. Night - Onett Night 1
2. Eerie - Moonside Swing
3. Day - Onett Theme
4. Boss 1 (Skeletron) - Battle Against a Weird Opponent
5. Title - Opening Credits
6. Jungle - The Lost Underworld
7. Corruption - Threed, Zombie Central
8. Hallow - Hi Hi Hi (Saturn Valley Theme)
9. Underground Corruption - Belch's Factory
10. Underground Hallow - Saturn Valley Caverns
11. Boss 2 (Twins) - Battle Against a Machine
12. Underground - Dangerous Caves
13. Boss 3 (Destroyer) - Battle Against an Unsettling Opponent
14. Snow (Surface Arctic) - Snowman
15. Space - The Sky Runner
16. Crimson - The Deep Darkness
17. Boss 4 (Queen Bee) - Battle Against a Mobile Opponent
18. Day Alt. - Boy Meets Girl (Twoson Theme)
19. Rain - Topolla Theatre
20. Ice (Underground Arctic) - Winters White
21. Desert - Bazaar
22. Ocean - Summers, Eternal Tourist Trap
23. Dungeon - Inside the Dungeon
24. Plantera - Otherworldly Foe
25. Boss 5 (Golem) - Kraken of the Sea
26. Lizahrd - Pyramid
27. Solar Eclipse - Happy Happy is Blue
28. Rain SFX
29. Mushrooms - The Jolly Flying Man
30. Pumpkin Moon - Sanctuary Guardian
31. Underground Alt. - Save the Miners!
32. Frost Moon - Hidden Track (Unused)
33. Underground Crimson - Pink Cloud Shrine
34. Lunar Event - Giygas's Intro
35. Pirate Invasion - Peaceful Rest Valley
36. Underworld - The Place
37. Martian Madness - Alien Invasion 1
38. Moon Lord - Pokey Means Business
39. Goblin Invasion - Battle Against a Weak Opponent

The Night theme is the most questionable thing on my list. I couldn't find something that fit well enough to my liking, so I was hoping other Earthbound fans could come to my aid. I was considering using Hospital a little bit, but it has the same problem as Welcome Home. It might sound okay just listening to the song, but putting it in the game makes it less fitting.

Boss 1 is a theme I'm uncertain about. Though it is a fight theme and fitting in its own right, is there a better choice somewhere in the game's soundtrack? I considered using Sanctuary Guardian, but it felt the least fitting of all the game's fight themes.

For the Desert theme, I could have also used the Super Dry Dance, or The Unforgiving Desert. If the Desert had its own underground theme, I would have used The Unforgiving Desert for that, and my current choice for surface. That would've been perfect. But as it stands, the desert theme is odd and unfitting when you're in the underground desert.
I also wanted to use Dead-End Chaos Theatre, which would have been a decent replacement for the Desert, but not as good as what I already chose, I think. The Floating Kingdom of Dalaam may also have worked for the desert theme, I think.

For the Ocean theme, I could have alternately used Tessie! over Summers, the Eternal Tourist Trap. Both are fitting, but I personally think the Summers theme fits better.

The Day themes I chose were tough choices. The Onett theme was obvious, but several songs stand as strong contenders. Six songs in total. The three I didn't use were Threed Free At Last, The Metropolis of Fourside, Home Sweet Home (which I was really tempted to use, because it's the beautiful Pollyanna), and Ness's Bike. I specifically chose not to use Sunrise & Onett theme, however, because I wanted the song to loop more cleanly, without a clear beginning or end other than the game's normal fadeout.

I so, so wanted to use Because I Love You, Good Friends/Bad Friends, Smiles and Tears, Eight Melodies, The Heroes Return part 1 and 2, Paula's Theme, Runaway Five's Left the Building and On the Move, and A Bad Dream. But Terraria has no End Credits theme to replace, leaving only the Title theme as a possible choice for these whopping ten songs, which don't fit particularly well elsewhere. But Earthbound's own Opening Credits was a far more fitting choice, of course.
I love those songs more than many on my lineup. But I had to sacrifice the songs I loved the most to make my choices fit the best they could.

There you have it. The songs, and for many of my choices, alternate possibilites and my thought process through it all.

Download

Last edited:
Earthbound is one of my most favorite games of all time. It's a true masterpiece, and is home to some of my favorite musical tracks of all time.
At some point, I was wondering to myself what Terraria would be like with Earthbound's soundtrack. A game I've sunk so much time into, with my favorite videogame music? Yes, please.
Well, I looked around and couldn't find one already made. So I made one myself. And most of it is spectacularly fitting, because even the songs that don't quite line up with their event's theme are still close to the mark.

Here's the lineup.
1. Night - Welcome Home (Ness's House)
2. Eerie - Moonside Swing
3. Day - Onett Theme
4. Boss 1 (Skeletron) - Battle Against a Weird Opponent
5. Title - Opening Credits
6. Jungle - The Lost Underworld
7. Corruption - Threed, Zombie Central
8. Hallow - Hi Hi Hi (Saturn Valley Theme)
9. Underground Corruption - Belch's Factory
10. Underground Hallow - Saturn Valley Caverns
11. Boss 2 (Twins) - Battle Against a Machine
12. Underground - Dangerous Caves
13. Boss 3 (Destroyer) - Battle Against an Unsettling Opponent
14. Snow (Surface Arctic) - Snowman
15. Space - The Sky Runner
16. Crimson - The Deep Darkness
17. Boss 4 (Queen Bee) - Battle Against a Mobile Opponent
18. Day Alt. - Boy Meets Girl (Twoson Theme)
19. Rain - Topolla Theatre
20. Ice (Underground Arctic) - Winters White
21. Desert - Bazaar
22. Ocean - Summers, Eternal Tourist Trap
23. Dungeon - Inside the Dungeon
24. Plantera - Otherworldly Foe
25. Boss 5 (Golem) - Kraken of the Sea
26. Lizahrd - Pyramid
27. Solar Eclipse - Happy Happy is Blue
28. Rain SFX
29. Mushrooms - The Jolly Flying Man
30. Pumpkin Moon - Onett Night 2
31. Underground Alt. - Save the Miners!
32. Frost Moon - Hidden Track (Unused)
33. Underground Crimson - Pink Cloud Shrine
34. Lunar Event - Giygas's Intro
35. Pirate Invasion - Peaceful Rest Valley
36. Underworld - The Place
37. Martian Madness - Alien Invasion 1
38. Moon Lord - Pokey Means Business
39. Goblin Invasion - Battle Against a Weak Opponent

The Night theme is the most questionable thing on my list. I couldn't find something that fit well enough to my liking, so I was hoping other Earthbound fans could come to my aid. I was considering using Hospital a little bit, but it has the same problem as Welcome Home. It might sound okay just listening to the song, but putting it in the game makes it less fitting.

Boss 1 is a theme I'm uncertain about. Though it is a fight theme and fitting in its own right, is there a better choice somewhere in the game's soundtrack? I considered using Sanctuary Guardian, but it felt the least fitting of all the game's fight themes.

For the Desert theme, I could have also used the Super Dry Dance, or The Unforgiving Desert. If the Desert had its own underground theme, I would have used The Unforgiving Desert for that, and my current choice for surface. That would've been perfect. But as it stands, the desert theme is odd and unfitting when you're in the underground desert.
I also wanted to use Dead-End Chaos Theatre, which would have been a decent replacement for the Desert, but not as good as what I already chose, I think. The Floating Kingdom of Dalaam may also have worked for the desert theme, I think.

For the Ocean theme, I could have alternately used Tessie! over Summers, the Eternal Tourist Trap. Both are fitting, but I personally think the Summers theme fits better.

The Day themes I chose were tough choices. The Onett theme was obvious, but several songs stand as strong contenders. Six songs in total. The three I didn't use were Threed Free At Last, The Metropolis of Fourside, Home Sweet Home (which I was really tempted to use, because it's the beautiful Pollyanna), and Ness's Bike. I specifically chose not to use Sunrise & Onett theme, however, because I wanted the song to loop more cleanly, without a clear beginning or end other than the game's normal fadeout.

I so, so wanted to use Because I Love You, Good Friends/Bad Friends, Smiles and Tears, Eight Melodies, The Heroes Return part 1 and 2, Paula's Theme, Runaway Five's Left the Building and On the Move, and A Bad Dream. But Terraria has no End Credits theme to replace, leaving only the Title theme as a possible choice for these whopping ten songs, which don't fit particularly well elsewhere. But Earthbound's own Opening Credits was a far more fitting choice, of course.
I love those songs more than many on my lineup. But I had to sacrifice the songs I loved the most to make my choices fit the best they could.

There you have it. The songs, and for many of my choices, alternate possibilites and my thought process through it all.

Download
I never thought I needed this until now.

I would change Night to Onett Night 01 maybe.
Desert to Scaraba.
Pumpkin Moon to Sanctuary Guardian.

These are currently my personal concerns against your choice of music.
It's very difficult to choose the perfect music for each track in Terraria, especially if it's Earthbound. :p

I would change Night to Onett Night 01 maybe.
Desert to Scaraba.
Pumpkin Moon to Sanctuary Guardian.

These are currently my personal concerns against your choice of music.
It's very difficult to choose the perfect music for each track in Terraria, especially if it's Earthbound. :p
For the Night theme, I'll give it a try!
For the Desert, Bazaar is the name of Scaraba's theme
And I'll give Sanctuary Guardian a try for the Pumpkin moon. I think that will fit far better than my choice, but I never really considered it cause I didn't think of the Pumpkin Moon as a boss.

I updated the Wave bank!
Onett Night 1 now replaces Welcome Home as the Night theme, and Sanctuary Guardian replaces Onett Night 2 as the Pumpkin Moon Theme.

Back
Top Bottom