Weapons & Equip Earthquake

Does this sound good?

• This idea is great and balanced!

• This idea is good, but needs balancing.

• So-so.

• This idea isn't that good, it needs serious balancing.

• This idea is awful, it needs insane balancing to even become viable.

Results are only viewable after voting.

jrjr3000

Steampunker
The Earthquake is a Lihzahrd Temple-themed warhammer (Doesn't have any hammer power). Dropped from Golem with a 10% chance (this doesn't count against other drops), this hammer is a pretty good one, with a special ability as well.

Image found here.
DMG: 70
KB: 7
UT: 25
Sell: 4G
Rarity: Lime
Crit: 3%
Tooltip: "An unstable Lihzahrdian hammer. May throw you into the air."
Autoswing: No

When the hammer is used, if the use key/button/trigger is held down for 1.5 seconds, the Terrarian will hold the Earthquake over their head, and when the trigger is released, instead of the hammer dropping at the speed of the Fiery Greatsword's swing, it'll come crashing down almost instantly. When it DOES do the slam, the Terrarian will be flung into the air about five times the height of the default Terrarian. If you hold down the trigger during the slam after being launched, when you land, you'll do an extra 25% damage to any enemy within the normal swing area, and create a shockwave that travels 7 blocks, deals 75% of the hammer's initial damage (falls off with distance), and flings enemies hit by the wave with KB 9 (also falls off).

This is a great concept, but Golem's loot pool is already oversaturated. I suggest fitting it in to early hardmode.

There’s an argument for this weapon being unbalanced, but not in the way you’d think. Personally I think it’s a bit too on the weak/gimmicky side. Weapons that work off a single strike (Psycho Knife, Charged Blaster Cannon, Brand of the Inferno, Sniper Rifle) are much less reliable than those that output damage in a constant stream. So the Earthquake in its current state would be a very funny weapon to use, but not very viable.

I would modify it into a pair of dual hammers that rapidly and repeatedly slam the ground, dealing damage in a huge area and preventing the wielder from jumping; when used in the air, it would rocket you downwards, slamming into the ground in a damaging explosion before it would continue smashing the ground as usual. I think this would still thematically fit the name “Earthquake”, while buffing it into a solid weapon to use when surrounded. Kind of like a more powerful version of Sky Dragon’s Fury (left click) that can only be used on the ground.

There’s an argument for this weapon being unbalanced, but not in the way you’d think. Personally I think it’s a bit too on the weak/gimmicky side. Weapons that work off a single strike (Psycho Knife, Charged Blaster Cannon, Brand of the Inferno, Sniper Rifle) are much less reliable than those that output damage in a constant stream. So the Earthquake in its current state would be a very funny weapon to use, but not very viable.

I would modify it into a pair of dual hammers that rapidly and repeatedly slam the ground, dealing damage in a huge area and preventing the wielder from jumping; when used in the air, it would rocket you downwards, slamming into the ground in a damaging explosion before it would continue smashing the ground as usual. I think this would still thematically fit the name “Earthquake”, while buffing it into a solid weapon to use when surrounded. Kind of like a more powerful version of Sky Dragon’s Fury (left click) that can only be used on the ground.
That is actually amazing!

Back
Top Bottom