Easiest Mechanical Boss? (Poll)

Which of The Mechanical Bosses Was The Easiest To Defeat?

• The Twins

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • The Destoyer

Votes: 64 51.2%
  • Skeletron Prime

Votes: 29 23.2%
  • About The Same

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters
I always have huge trouble with the destroyer because the RNG hates giving me pierce weapons or nimbus rods. On the other hand skeleton prime is laughably easy with a megashark and adamantite armor + potions (regen and ironskin)

I can barely defeat the Destroyer with titanium armor as melee, maybe ranger & mage are better options. ;(
You really can't beat him without a hardmode bow of some kind, melee just doesn't cut it. I fought him earlier today, first time, and that's all I had was a full stack of holy arrows, and a D Storm bow, he died quite literally in under a minute, I didn't even have to use a melee weapon to take care of the probes, the bow and arrows took care of them. I didn't even use but 100 arrows.
[DOUBLEPOST=1440896995,1440896852][/DOUBLEPOST]
I always have huge trouble with the destroyer because the RNG hates giving me pierce weapons or nimbus rods. On the other hand skeleton prime is laughably easy with a megashark and adamantite armor + potions (regen and ironskin)
It took me quite a few Hollow Mimics to get a D Stormbow, I think about 10, but I got it, and that's all you need, you really don't need a nimbus rod, it's a great weapon to have, but I haven't gotten it yet, and I've already gotten the Angry Nimbus banner once or twice.

I can't understand people who says Normal Mode Destroyer is hard.
Is it the probes? They only have 200 life and deal 50 damage! This 50 damage can be actually good as it will give you invincibility frames to dodge Destroyer.
He is also the slowest Mechanical Boss. You can defeat him with no armor and a Hunter Potion. You don't even need a Nimbus Rod.

The Twins are meh, as if you kill Spazmatism first you will remove most of their accuracy and ranged attacks. You can easily kill them with Crystal Storm.

As for Skeletron Prime, he is the hardest one. All of his attacks are very hard do dodge (except the cannon ofc) and do many(much?) damage, he is fast, he is dangerous, his loot is :red: (thank you for removing Neptune's Shell) and he's just there because he needs to.

Is it the probes? They only have 200 life and deal 50 damage! This 50 damage can be actually good as it will give you invincibility frames to dodge Destroyer.
He is also the slowest Mechanical Boss. You can defeat him with no armor and a Hunter Potion. You don't even need a Nimbus Rod.

The Twins are meh, as if you kill Spazmatism first you will remove most of their accuracy and ranged attacks. You can easily kill them with Crystal Storm.

As for Skeletron Prime, he is the hardest one. All of his attacks are very hard do dodge (except the cannon ofc) and do many(much?) damage, he is fast, he is dangerous, his loot is :red: (thank you for removing Neptune's Shell) and he's just there because he needs to.
I stick with melee throughout the entire game, so the Destroyer is much more difficult for me. :cool:

Is there any question? It's the Destroyer.
Use ANY piercing weapon. ANY AT ALL. It becomes a walk in the park.
The Daedalus Stormbow with Jester's arrows makes it easy as hell.
Heck, adamantite repeater with jester's arrows works.
Spears work too.
Seriously, any piercing weapon of that tier will work.

By far the Destroyer, because you can get the Poison Staff, a Sharanga or Molten Fury with Jester Arrows, and a lot of health potions before you even fight it, which makes it easy to defeat.

While the Destroyer's weakness to piercing weapons makes him a walk in the park in some cases, I would have to say that the easiest for me are the Twins. In 1.1, I couldn't defeat the Destroyer without the Magical Harp, and in 1.2, the Optic Staff (I play lots of Summoner). Although the Stormbow would most likely destroy him instantly regardless of whether or not you defeated other bosses. But the Twins have a predictable pattern for me; with all the lasers and probes everywhere, it becomes difficult to handle the Destroyer properly unless prepared.

While the Destroyer's weakness to piercing weapons makes him a walk in the park in some cases, I would have to say that the easiest for me are the Twins. In 1.1, I couldn't defeat the Destroyer without the Magical Harp, and in 1.2, the Optic Staff (I play lots of Summoner). Although the Stormbow would most likely destroy him instantly regardless of whether or not you defeated other bosses. But the Twins have a predictable pattern for me; with all the lasers and probes everywhere, it becomes difficult to handle the Destroyer properly unless prepared.

It's funny how I think that the Twins are the hardest mechanical boss.

It's funny how I think that the Twins are the hardest mechanical boss.
Same.
I can't keep up with dodging both at the same time. I understand that there's ways to easily deal with them, but it's not the easiest thing to do and I like using a traditional arena.

When it comes to the mech bosses the Destroyer is the easyest, couse he's very suspendable to AoE attacks like the Stormbow.
2nd is Skeletron Prime, his arms are destroyed without to much trouble and as long as u don't get hit by the spinning head attack u are fine.
hardest trough i find are the Twins, they are mobile and in the 2nd phase they get very deadly, so mobility is key.

Same.
I can't keep up with dodging both at the same time. I understand that there's ways to easily deal with them, but it's not the easiest thing to do and I like using a traditional arena.
Isn't there a strategy similar to that of fighting the Wall of Flesh, just running down a long man-made path?

The obvious one is the destroyer, but he is actually quite hard if you don't have the right gear.

That is why I think the Twins are the easiest Mechanical Boss. Their AI is really easy to be exploited by gravitation potions and their attacks are easy to dodge as well as moving predictably. Retinazer phase 2 (expert mode) is deadly but Spazmatism dies first anyways so it usually isn't a problem. If you were forced to fight Spazmatism and Retinazer Phase 2 at the same time it would be significantly harder.

Am I the only one who finds the Daedalus Stormbow + Holy Arrows completely broken? It literally makes the fight trivial beyond the need to dodge anything (besides the head).

The best way to put it:
The Destroyer is all about having the right gear.
The Twins are all about dodging.
Skeletron Prime is all about aiming.

Now that I have finally defeated all of the Mechanical Bosses, I can put in my 5 cents.

The Destroyer: Definitely the easiest boss out of the trio. The only thing you have to worry about is the drones that constantly charge you, those are a pain. With a Daedalus Stormbow, some holy arrows, Orichilcum Armor, and a Nimbus Rid, he can be taken out in about a minute. All in all, he is definitely the easiest boss as long as you have the right equipment.

The Twins: Relatively difficult, but not overly difficult. With a Hallowed repeater, Daedalus Stormbow, and a Megashark with Explosive Bullets, he can be defeated, but there is one thing that is very much needed, an arena. If you don't have an arena, the match will be far harder. Taking out one of the twins at a time is obviously the way to go, it makes the match quicker, and quite a bit easier. But again, without proper equipment, an arena, and a strategy, he could very easily become on of the hardest Mechanical Bosses to beat.

Skeletron Prime: Without a doubt the most time consuming of not only the Mechanical Bosses, but of all the bosses. Preparing yourself with limited time would probably be your utter downfall, being one of the longest bosses to defeat up to this point, time is necessity and without it, it would make this one of the most difficult bosses to defeat. The weapons of choice would definitely be the Megashark with either Explosive Bullets or Crystal Bullets, Daedalus Stormbow with either Holy Arrow or Hellfire Arrows, and a Hallowed Repeater with the same choice of arrows. Along with The Twins, an arena is a necessity, trying to fight him on a Skybridge doesn't particularly make the fight any easier, you would still probably have to use a legitimate arena in order to fight him. Personally, I didn't find him to be of much difficulty, I never got below 200 health (I had to use 2 greater healing potions and dip myself in a pool of honey every now and then), but the amount of time it took to take him out was a bit of a deal breaker for me.

So overall, who was the easiest boss, and who was the hardest? The easiest was without a doubt The Destroyer, with proper equipment he can be taken out in under a minute. However the hardest boss to defeat, is a bit tricky. I would have to go with The Twins considering the fact that they were a bit difficult to dodge, even with a fairly large arena, and the fact that once they reached the second stage the damage output increased quite a bit, especially with Spazmatism's spin off of the flamethrower they became really difficult to dodge, and still be able to knock them out. Skeletron Prime wasn't overly difficult, it just took half a century for me to take him out. I can't say exactly how long it took me to take him out, but I would have to put my money on around 5 minutes. His attacks were fairly weak, plus his cannons grenades were almost completely negated if you were standing on wooden planks, so that wasn't much of a challenge, plus you can almost entirely render him useless if you work on taking out his weapons first, which after about 4 minutes in I did, which made taking the rest of him out a walk in the park, just stay a few yards back and take the Light Disks to him. My final verdict on each of the bosses is, The Destroyer, proper equipment, The Twins, Running and dodging plus assigned attacks, and Skeletron Prime, take him out as quickly as possible.

I am also going to add a Poll for the most difficult of the Mechanical Bosses to defeat, so please check that out and participate if you would, much thanks! :merchanthappy:

I feel like you've just described Skeletron Prime, and then reversed everything.

Skeletron is by far the easiest IMO because he's so slow it's incredibly difficult to not dodge his attacks.

Not only is he super easy to dodge,but you don't have to bother grinding for piercing weapons like destroyer, any weapon will do.

With a piercing weapon (any) Destroyer is the next easiest since you can gemerally just kill the probes while killing the boss with whatever piercing weapon you're using.

Twins are the only ones that need any kind of proper dodging IMO, and if you accidentally enrage both they can be difficult.

Skeletron Prime wasn't all that difficult for me, just seemed like you could dodge most of his attacks and then survive long enough to drink a health potion. Destroyer -on the other hand- was SUPER difficult the first few times i tried to beat him, it's super hard to dodge the lasers and probes. The Twins weren't too bad, kinda hard but definitely easier as you could dodge just about all of the attacks if you had a gravitation potion and a megashark.

D3ST40Y34 gets destroyed with my Clockwork Assault Rifle + Death Sickle combo
Sucks you can't get your hands on a shadowbeam staff before Plantera, and Death Sickle is very hard to obtain as well.

I never quite understood how people find the destroyer to be the easiest one.
For some reason i find it even harder than fishron (no, i'm not exaggerating); you can't just dodge all his attacks like you do with the twins/skeletron prime by just moving around, there are too many drones + his own beams. You need to take some damage if you want to get close enough to hit it since most some of his beams start from out of the screen and are way faster than you. your reflexes can't help you with that.
Not to mention how devastating it's head is in expert mode, but that can be easily avoided.

Sketron prime on the other hand has always been pathetic, even in expert mode.
All you need to do is to fly away from him (or circle around him) and shoot; he just can't hit you if you're not trying to attack him.
Just like the destroyer, watch out for it's head, even though he doesn't really try and hit you with it.

The twins are way harder to dodge, but it's usually not that much of a problem, unless you send both of them to phase 2.
They're no problem as long as your gear is ok.

To sum up:

Skeletron: Easy patterns, average damage, slow as heck (at least compared to the other two).

The Twins: It's really just Retinazer dealing damage. Sometimes you'll get hit while forced to dodge something from both at the same time, but it's really just Retinazer on his second phase. The lasers won't deal much, so you shouldn't have any problem as long as you have a few healing potions.

Destroyer: A cluster:red: or beams and drones to dodge + his devastating head trying to take away half of your hp every now and then.
You can't run and dodge everything, it's too fast and the screen will be filled with damaging entities the whole time. You can only fly towards one direction to dash away from most of it's lasers while alternating up and down to avoid some of the drones too.
I probably always fought it the wrong way doe, most people don't give a :red: about dodging, they just buff up like there's no tomorrow and spam some piercing stuff while healing off with the occasional drone's heart.

Back
Top Bottom