Easy automatic bait farm

btvoidx

Terrarian
Im automated bait farm. Don't know why I did it, I just wanted.
It works because I have worn Flower Boots
AutoBaitFarm.gif

Wiring
dRfbohyxa_I.jpg

I think this might be optimal setup, and it doesn't shake your screen.
edit:Just a different setup
Capture 2017-10-18 14_00_27.png
Capture 2017-10-18 14_00_33.png

The "not red" wire is green+blue, to destroy the grass and reactivate the tile so it can grow grass again without wasting time.

Last edited:
Looks pretty neat to me. Could use something like this for fishing. Had to restart my Terraria game and lost my progress in it. Small world, killed all pre hardmode bosses except for WoF. Prepping world for Hardmode.

So far I did a quite similar approach like @pbq but did not reactivated it. A good working idea!

How about if you do it with all colors instead of two? I did some minor testing (only 3min run) but got about 30-50% more as with 2 colors. Could be random but might work.
If you like you can test yourself. If you do so, don't cross the 4 wires with the red wire.
Edit: not true! they are equal

Last edited:
How about if you do it with all colors instead of two?
It shouldn't matter, because plants from boots won't regrow until next player update.
After some thinking, I guess expanding to more than 1 block of grass, to also get any plants that might naturally grow within the reach of a bug net, would be more efficient.

It shouldn't matter, because plants from boots won't regrow until next player update.
That make sense. To be sure I tested it with 24 minutes (a day) run. Result: you are correct, they are about equal. ~100 worms, 430 grasshoppers, (~3 golden grasshoppers, ~2 golden worms) in 24 minutes
so nvm that idea

After some thinking, I guess expanding to more than 1 block of grass, to also get any plants that might naturally grow within the reach of a bug net, would be more efficient.
Then I can use same argument against you :). You could expand as far as you want and enable/disable them like you did with that block you stand own. With the assumption the growing phase runs not at the same time as wire update. But I don't think it is worth it.

@VoidX how many worms/grasshopper do you get in 24 minutes with your approach?

Last edited:
You could expand as far as you want and enable/disable them like you did with that block you stand own. With the assumption the growing phase runs not at the same time as wire update. But I don't think it is worth it.
Hmm, true. You'd need to localize actuation to your bug net range, because having uncaught critters will prevent new spawns, but it's probably doable. With system large enough you could probably even ditch flower boots and just rely on natural growth...
I really need to stop being overly optimistic in my estimates :(

Back
Top Bottom