Mobile Easy Duke Fishron Guide (for beginners)

Having trouble with the pig-faced menace? Well, here's your solution. This guide is for distribution wherever you please, just be sure to let me know and don't forget credit.

As you know, Fishron is a pretty challenging fight if you're not geared up properly. The first thing you want to do is get the proper gear. No doubt you've already beaten everything else, but Fishron is pretty tough. You'll need to create the beetle armor (shell type). This will give you a proper defense when facing him.

Next, be sure to purchase the mixing device from the steampunker in order to create asphalt blocks.
Have gel and stone blocks handy and create about 600 blocks.
Create some campfires and heart lanterns.
From the mechanic, grab about 1200+ wire, 40-50 player-activated pressure plates, a wrench (any color), and wire cutters.
Aquire at least 10 heart statues, (10 star statues as well if you're a magic user).

1. Begin on the very edge of the map, start over the ocean with a tiny "dock" platform for fishing.
2. Make sure you're able to jump/fly from your tiny dock to your Fishron arena, this is important... You don't want to get stuck by him and slaughtered.
Anyway, lay out all your asphalt blocks about 10 blocks above your tiny dock and a few blocks to the left or right of the dock, (away from the map's edge). Lay them out in a straight line with no gaps.
3. Make sure you have around 6-7 blocks left and create a "catch".
What is a catch? It's a set of blocks shaped like a blocky letter "C" or (backwards letter "C" if you're coming from the left side of the map like I did). What it does is catches you and keeps you from falling off your Fishron arena.
Anyway, from the line of asphalt blocks, make the catch 5 high, with one going back the way you came from, yeah, like a "C" attached to the end of your line.
4. All along this line, lay out heart statues (and star statues for magic users), campfires, and heart lanterns (hanging from the line).
5. Use the wrench to lay out a long line of wire, connect all the heart statues (star statues) together.
6. Lay down pressure plates between the statues, every few blocks so as to remain constant and make sure to wire them up to the statues.
7. Once that is done and you have a consistent arena, you're almost ready to take him on.

After setting up your arena, and after you have your beetle gear for defense, you'll need some appropriate weapons.
Now, it really doesn't matter if you're a melee, magic, ranged, or summon user, cause the beetle armor helps with damage control. We need to stay alive and whittle Fishron down to nothing.
The next step is getting a hard-hitting melee/magic/ranged weapon to deal some serious damage to Fishron.
Magic users, I can't stress this enough, DO NOT USE MAGNET SPHERE, IT'S TOO SLOW.
Find a spell that's quick and can hit him easily.
For ranged, find a gun that shoots fast, not accurate, deals high damage.
Summoners, well, you better stick with melee, magic, or ranged for this one. Fishron is faster than any other boss.
For melee users though, I have the perfect weapon. Create a crimson key, find the crimson chest in the dungeon and hope for some Vampire Knives. If not, create a new crimson key, (and possibly a new world if there are no more crimson chests), find a new chest. Anyway, Vampire Knives are found in crimson chests in the dungeon.
Get the Vampire Knives, have the goblin tinkerer reforge them to Godly status, then you're ready.

The fight

Begin by summoning Fishron with a truffle worm (found in underground mushroom biome, use hunter potion and battle potion to find them quicker).

Once you see the message saying he's been summoned, quickly get onto your asphalt arena and begin running to the end. As you run, be firing off your weapon directly behind you. Don't stop. You should grab hearts along the way and the campfires and heart lanterns are for added regeneration. Once you hit the "catch", immediately turn around and run back the way you came, firing in the opposite direction. Repeat this step a few times. Don't worry about jumping/flying to avoid him or his spells, trust me, you're going to get hit, you're going to take damage. Just keep running back and forth, firing at him as you go.

NOTE: DO BE CAREFUL NOT TO FALL OFF THE END NEXT TO THE DOCK, YOU KNOW, THE END WITHOUT A CATCH.

Do this and you should be able to defeat him in around 1 minute or so. You don't need Hermes, Frostspark, or Lightning boots for this...the asphalt blocks allow you to run ignorantly fast.

The Vampire Knives do help out a lot though, as they restore a little health with each hit.

If the above doesn't work for you, I suggest you get a set of Vampire Knives. I only say this because this is a general guide for all types of players, but it was created by a melee player.

Hope this guide helps you beat the ever-living out of Duke Fishron. Good luck!

Last edited:
That's a good guide but u could try doing what I do charge at duke FISHRON with full beetle armor with shell charging with vamp knives like a crazy madman

Egh, too reckless for me. My guide is a guaranteed win every time. It took me 5 fights with him to get the wings, now I'm golden.

Its not so hard. I fought it few times with beetle and when i knew its attacks, i killed it without armor or buffs using only death sickle and no arena.

Do you have a picture of what the arena looks like?
Unfortunately, Terraria is on my burner phone, so I have no pic, but basically, it's just a long, unobstructed straight line of asphalt blocks with heart (and star) statues, campfires, heart lanterns, all along it, with the statues wired to player activated pressure plates. All you gotta do is make sure everything on the path is spaced evenly.

For the mobile, the surest way to beat any single boss (Doesn't work with frost/pumpkin moons, though) is to get a chlorophyte shotbow (Tsunami is better) and then buy thousands of heart arrows. Get your "Chance not to consume ammo" and "Critical chance" percentage as high as you are able. (This even works with the dungeon guardian, by the way.) and just shoot the boss over and over. They'll remain frozen, and if you want, summon as many minions as you can (You pretty much want to wear tiki armor and a pygmy necklace, so you can summon six at once. I suppose you could do this instead of getting the "Chance not to consume ammo" as high as you can, but it works either way. The minions are to deal with any extra mobs, like slimes/zombies that can knock you to the side and destroy your aim.) As long as you can fire and hit the boss/dungeon guardian consistently, you can't lose.

Heart arrows does not stop Duke Fishron anymore...just tested. 20-6-2016 (Google Play android version 1.2.12728)

Heart arrows does not stop Duke Fishron anymore...just tested. 20-6-2016 (Google Play android version 1.2.12728)
I.... I never said they did drop from him... I said that Tsunami is better than the cholorphyte shotbow, and that this was the surest way to beat any boss. I said BUY them, but you can only buy them in February, but I usually buy excessive amounts during that time to last me through the year.

I.... I never said they did drop from him... I said that Tsunami is better than the cholorphyte shotbow, and that this was the surest way to beat any boss. I said BUY them, but you can only buy them in February, but I usually buy excessive amounts during that time to last me through the year.

I did change my phone date to February 20, and did manage to brought the Heart Arrows x 999 and when you shot with your Heart Arrows to a normal mobs, the mobs pause for a moment. But when you shot to a boss. Its useless. It does not pause at all. So, Heart Arrows to Any Boss? its nerf..

In video gaming, a nerf is a change to a game that makes something less effective or desirable. The word can be used as a verb to describe that change. The opposite of nerf is buff or revamp.

I did change my phone date to February 20, and did manage to brought the Heart Arrows x 999 and when you shot with your Heart Arrows to a normal mobs, the mobs pause for a moment. But when you shot to a boss. Its useless. It does not pause at all. So, Heart Arrows to Any Boss? its nerf..

In video gaming, a nerf is a change to a game that makes something less effective or desirable. The word can be used as a verb to describe that change. The opposite of nerf is buff or revamp.
Oh, sorry, I misread it. I thought you said the no longer DROP from duke dishron. Sorry 'bout that. (I know what a nerf is, by the way.) But when I use it, it stops everything? Huh. Odd. I'll have to check that again. Well, at the very least, it's the easiest way to kill the dungeon guardian.

Thanks, this guide helped a ton and I beat him in two tries. Also just to add to this strategy I hooked up I one-way Teleporter system from the dock to the arena, so you can't fall off, and I recommend using an Obsidian Shield to cancel out knockback, so that way as you're traversing the arena surface picking up hearts, you aren't interrupted and pushed back by him or his spells.

dodge up and down since it means he can't hit you and will always charge at where you are a moment ago, get good mobility, use every bit of terraria that counts as ocean and not just the bits with water underneath, and most important of all, don't gave up .
also, it's possible to lure Cthulhunados to where you want them to be with some skill, though this is very much worth it.
it's also a good idea to make the arena 2 or more layered rather than one, since having another way of dodging his attacks is always good.

Last edited:
Since im a little bit of an advanced player, this guide dont apply to me, but it is indeed a good headstart for people encountering the Duke for the first couple of times.

I for myself have a Coingun, Top-Edge Ranger equipment and the Ring of Greed, i need usualy around 5-7 seconds to Kill Duke Fishron without any Arena setting.

But how i said, nice guide and thumbs up !

Since im a little bit of an advanced player, this guide dont apply to me, but it is indeed a good headstart for people encountering the Duke for the first couple of times.

I for myself have a Coingun, Top-Edge Ranger equipment and the Ring of Greed, i need usualy around 5-7 seconds to Kill Duke Fishron without any Arena setting.

But how i said, nice guide and thumbs up !
Yes, of cause everyone is going to get a coin gun and 300 plats.

Yes, of cause everyone is going to get a coin gun and 300 plats.

Thats not what i meant to say. In my opinion, players in Terraria are able to express there skill/knowledge/creativity on different stages. Not everyone need or want to reach that, i just said that it is of course possible to reach for absolute extremes.

Im a terrible creator, i have no eye for Art, but im very good with numbers and technical input. I will never build a castle or fancy building such as shown in the gallery, but my passion is to reach the extremes in finishing of bosses and events in the best possible way and time.

Back
Top Bottom