Mobile Easy effective Ectoplasm(money) farm!

Did you find this was helpful?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No..

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Kilcram

Eye of Cthulhu
Do you want to get Ectoplasm easy and fast?
Notice:You can get also much money with this!

THIS IS NO AFK FARM!! YOU WILL HAVE TO KILL THE DUNGEON SPIRITS YOURSELF!!(Tips how to do it easy are at the end↓)

This farm makes ~50 Ectoplasm per Minute what my tests resulted(tested with death sickle, see below↓)
Well here's your guide:
1.Materials
•First you need to defeat Plantera to change the Dungeon to the "Hardmode Dungeon"(You'll need to go to the jungle Tempel for the traps, but you dont have to defeat Golem!)
•Then you need about 100 wire(that will be enough for sure!),a wire cutter and a green, blue and red wrench(+some blocks)
2.The building
I'll post 2 pictures here and describe what to do

The building itself
Screenshot_2015-07-08-16-26-11.png
How you can see i used Lava, Flame-traps and Spiky ball traps to make it the most efficient i could.

1.Flatten a 17 blocks long area
2.Put two chest statues in it(let a few blocks air between them!)
3.Place 3 flame-traps on each side(make sure to make them facing the right direction!)
4.Place Spiky ball-traps all the way at the 4th layer
5.Place 3 1-second timers(1 right, 1center, 1left!)
(6.Put lava in,you can do this at the end as this could confuse you)

The wiring

Screenshot_2015-07-08-16-26-05.png

!!Very important!! Watch out no timer is connected to another through the wiring

1.Connect the timers with the statues.
Important here:Watch out no colors are connected with the same on the other side of the statue!
I think it's easier just to copy it from the picture than doing it with a text, so i won't describe it here(If you want me to do ask in the comments!)
2.Connect the timers with the traps
•Connect the flame traps just straight away with the wires that are connected with the statues, but connect all the flame traps with the same color!(like i did with green)
•For the Spiky ball traps it's a little bit more "complicated" because you have to watch out not to connect the timers.
So what you do is to connect all the traps between the left and right timers together to the center one(with another color you connected the flame traps!) until you are 1 block away to the timers at the sides. At this point, you change the color(again another one than the one you used for the flame traps, what only lefts one out) and start connecting the rest oft the Spiky ball traps with the timer on which side you are.

And that's it!
You are done with your Ectoplasm(money) farm, just turn the timers on and farm it(you have to kill the Dungeon spirits yourself!)
As you have to kill the Dungeon spirits yourself, here are a few ways of doing it easily:
1.Death Sickle(generally weapons with projectiles which travel through Blocks)
Ar the legt or right of the box and shoot straight in it, so that the projectile will go through the whole box
2.Summons
Tiki armor or spooky armor(+accesories which grant +minions vor better minions stars) is recommended(maybe even neccesary)! Summon your minions into the box and let them do all the work(Raven Staff would be perfect, i guess Pygmy staff will do also very nice!)
A Frost Hydra will do nice extra damage!

I would have added a Video here, but the file is too big, sorry!

Please post any suggestions, questions or opinions in the comments!
I will really appreciate it!

Keep up the great work Terraria team!

~Kilcram

Last edited:
A cheap "hillbilly" version can be made by putting a bunch of slime and skeleton spawners in the dungeon, and swinging a Horseman's Blade at the spawners. The pumkins spawned will get any runaway spirits

A cheap "hillbilly" version can be made by putting a bunch of slime and skeleton spawners in the dungeon, and swinging a Horseman's Blade at the spawners. The pumkins spawned will get any runaway spirits
Have you tested that? Because i don't think that'll work. Why? Because Dungeon spirits do only spawn from Monsters with over 100 life and slimes and skeletons don't have that :/

Yes, I've tested it and I managed to get alot of ecto-plasm with 1 crab spawner

Skeleton worked too, just alot of extra drops

Have you tested that? Because i don't think that'll work. Why? Because Dungeon spirits do only spawn from Monsters with over 100 life and slimes and skeletons don't have that :/
The slimes aren't the ones dropping the Dungeon Spirits, they're just used to spawn the pumpkins from the Horseman's Blade that track monsters that do drop Dungeon Spirits.

The slimes aren't the ones dropping the Dungeon Spirits, they're just used to spawn the pumpkins from the Horseman's Blade that track monsters that do drop Dungeon Spirits.
Oh OK now i understand what you mean Thanks :D
But getting the horseman's blade is just a pain for me in mobile... I only came to wave 11 and i perfectly rebuild a PC farm but nothing..
[DOUBLEPOST=1436652921,1436652793][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, I've tested it and I managed to get alot of ecto-plasm with 1 crab spawner

Skeleton worked too, just alot of extra drops
Can you say a roughly amount per minute?

Possibly 1/3 of a stack with one spawner, almost a full stack with 3 skeleton spawners.

If you have trouble with getting Hroseman's Blade, make a extremely long and flat arena filling up all the holes on screen. Then craft a legendary terra blade (if I am correct the reforge price is glitched at 1 silver or similar). Then wear the following equipment

Dragon Armor
Menacing Destroyer Emblem
Menacing Warrior Emblem
Menacing Avenger Emblem
Menacing Celestial Stone
Menacing Spooky wings (ghost wings work too)
Possibly vampire knives for quick heal

So what you do is stand in the middle of your arena and swing the terra blade in one direction, make sure the projectile doesn't hit the ground, you want it to go parallel with the ground. Once you have swung in one direction for a rough 4 seconds, shoot the other way. When Pumpkings appear, glide upwards and swing your terra blade towards pumpking. When your wings start to glide, do NOT slow fall. Fall to the ground and repeat flying/falling maneuver

. = wave 15 by 1-2:00 plus a flat area for pumpkin farms!

Possibly 1/3 of a stack with one spawner, almost a full stack with 3 skeleton spawners.

If you have trouble with getting Hroseman's Blade, make a extremely long and flat arena filling up all the holes on screen. Then craft a legendary terra blade (if I am correct the reforge price is glitched at 1 silver or similar). Then wear the following equipment

Dragon Armor
Menacing Destroyer Emblem
Menacing Warrior Emblem
Menacing Avenger Emblem
Menacing Celestial Stone
Menacing Spooky wings (ghost wings work too)
Possibly vampire knives for quick heal

So what you do is stand in the middle of your arena and swing the terra blade in one direction, make sure the projectile doesn't hit the ground, you want it to go parallel with the ground. Once you have swung in one direction for a rough 4 seconds, shoot the other way. When Pumpkings appear, glide upwards and swing your terra blade towards pumpking. When your wings start to glide, do NOT slow fall. Fall to the ground and repeat flying/falling maneuver

. = wave 15 by 1-2:00 plus a flat area for pumpkin farms!
Thanks for that guide!
I already have a legendary terra blade and also the Emblems but i think it will be very expensive to get all these to menacing...
I also have the spooky Wings and dragon armor.
But still thanks for this :D

They don't exactly have to be menacing but recommended for the 20% increase. Just farm orcram (use the skull then quickly switch to a item such as gel, stone, torches, ect.) and you will have enough plat for the reforges

They don't exactly have to be menacing but recommended for the 20% increase. Just farm orcram (use the skull then quickly switch to a item such as gel, stone, torches, ect.) and you will have enough plat for the reforges
I found out what the Problem was before. There were holes all over the place, which drastically decreased the spawn rates on the surface :/
After i filled these i got to wave 15 and i'm only missing the raven Staffel and horseman's blade now :D

The holes were quite annoying when making arenas. I make a world and call it "Event World" for all my event needs

The holes were quite annoying when making arenas. I make a world and call it "Event World" for all my event needs
Yeah i wanted to make an afk-farm+ event world too but the Problem is that you can only have 3 worlds •__• veery annoying. Because sometimes i need new worlds for hardmode ores :/

Yeah i wanted to make an afk-farm+ event world too but the Problem is that you can only have 3 worlds •__• veery annoying. Because sometimes i need new worlds for hardmode ores :/
When you go to the world selection screen, click on Cloud Save at the bottom. That lets you have another world. You can go back to your other worlds by clicking it again.

When you go to the world selection screen, click on Cloud Save at the bottom. That lets you have another world. You can go back to your other worlds by clicking it again.
No that doesn't work for me, the world gets deleted immediately after leaving for some reason
[DOUBLEPOST=1439945026,1439944718][/DOUBLEPOST]Hmm nvm seems to work now

No that doesn't work for me, the world gets deleted immediately after leaving for some reason
[DOUBLEPOST=1439945026,1439944718][/DOUBLEPOST]Hmm nvm seems to work now
Hey, just a question, how many Solar Eclipses did it take you to get the Death Sickle? I've been trying to get it and I've been through 6 Solar Eclipses already.

Back
Top Bottom