PC Easy guide on defeating Duke Fishron in Expert/Master Mode!

agentbari2

Skeletron
Hello everyone!

My name is agentbari2, and today I will be teaching you how to defeat Duke Fishron in Expert/Master mode. There are a few items I recommend getting, and these will make the process faster & easier. I have used this method many times, and guaranteed victory. I will be embedding links to each of the items, mobs & NPCs mentioned in this thread, to make it easier to find.

Armor:

Beetle Armor:
The main reason we want the Beetle Armor is for the Armor Set Bonus, 40% Damage Reduction. This will make it easier to take a few hits, altough, the best technique is still dodging attacks.

Accesories:

Shield of Cthulu:
The reason I chose the Shielf of Cthulu, is due to the "Dash" ability. This ability is substancial, and it allows us do dodge fastly during the 2nd phase of Duke Fishron. We can also charge into bubbles in sticky situations. Dashing into projectiles with the Cthulu Shield will cancel the damage of the projectile, thus, "removing" the attack.

Any type of Wings:
This one is pretty basic, any wings will do, however, in this case I recommend a tier 2 wing or above. Due to the speed of ascending and the overall block range. Leaf Wings, bought from the Witch Doctor, after defeating the Queen Bee will be enough. Tough I have used Flame Wings in my first attempt in Expert Mode.

Hermes Boots or Better:
This one is must-have! Duke Fishron moves fast, and you need to be able to run faster to dodge him. In my run I used the Terraspark boots. However Hermes Boots will work just fine for this battle.

Grappling Hooks:
This is another must-have. With the Arena that we will be building, you will be able to use your Grappling Hook to get out of attacks. Any hook except the Static Hook, sold by the Steampunker will work.

Minions:

Minions:
I did not use any minions in my run, however, feel free to use any minion you would wish. Getting a few minions won't hurt your chances.

Weapons:

Terra Blade:
For my runs, I used the Terra Blade. This is due to the high-speed & high-damage projectiles that it launches. If you are going with another main class, or you have a better weapon, feel free to use it!

Megashark & Chlorophyte Bullets:
I recommend the Megashark. As it is easy to get pre-Plantera, and is easy to craft. Not to mention the high-speed at which it shoots out bullets. Speaking of bullets, I used the Chlorophyte Bullets in my run, and they worked as planned. The reason I chose Chlorophyte Bullets over other ammunition type was due to the Homing ability. Duke Fishron moves fast. And homing bullets just work. I've tried other candidates, but found that Chlorophyte Bullets were the best of the 4 ammunition types I tried.

Possesed Hatchet
:
This one is pretty easy to get. Just farm the Golem to get it. You can probably get it while you're gathering the Beetle Husks for the Beetle Armor. I especially like to use this during the last phase, where he speeds up and teleports. Running on the bottom of the arena while using this Hatchet will do massive damage.

Potion & Consumables:

Healing Potion

Ironskin Potion

Regeneration Potion

Flask of Ichor

Swiftness Potion

Pumpkin Pie

Arena:

I made a pretty basic arena using Wooden Platforms, Asphalt, Heart Lanterns & Campfires. You can add pockets of honey to gain extra regeneration, however, I did not use it and I still survived. With that being said, I still highly recommend you use honey to get extra healing. But if you're feeling lazy, it's not necessary. I will include a picture of my arena so you guys can picture it and understand it.

Attacks & Dodging:
Melee:Dash using Shield of Cthulu & Grapple to Platforms to get out of way. If enraged, Run along bottom of arena and use the Possessed Hatchet.
Sharknado:Grapple onto platforms & fly with Wings to avoid.
Detonating Bubbles:Grapple onto platforms & fly with Wings to avoid.

Additional Information:

These should be enough to get you by, however, please remember that you may use other items not included in this thread to your advantage aswell. This is just a guideline.
Another tip is to use Vampire Knives. I didn't include them in the weapon list due to them not being needed to defeat Duke Fishron, however, I strongly advise you acquire one and use it in the battle. The main reason you would want to use Vampire Knives is due to the Life Steal ability. A.K.A. the ability to inflict damage &
heal the player.
Please like this thread and share it if it was helpful. And message me if you need any help!

Picture 1 for arena building help
Picture 2 for arena building help

Another thing I forgot to mention in the guide, get some friends! It's always more fun with friends. And more firepower means easier fights!

Back
Top Bottom